Which new Player will have the biggest impact in the Playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Which new Player will have the biggest impact in the Playoffs?

Now that our roster is pretty much set I would like to see what people think about the potential impact of each player that we have acquired.

All things being equal and assuming we have a healthy Shaq, a somewhat healthy J.O.N and Big Baby back, which of our 4 new additions has the biggest impact and why?

I think as an honorable mention we could consider Shaq a new member and so if you want to speak on Shaqs impact you can do that also.

I personally think that Green still has a lot to show, so Im gonna say since we would have Shaq back that Green would have the most impact and im hoping it comes in the form of defense.  He has the tools to defend, but came from a completely different defensive system but I think in a month, he will learn and his size will be helpful in guarding 3's that can score.

I think depending on if Shaq can stay out of foul trouble or not, I believe Kristic may be big as well, im just not sold that J.O.N. can bring it every night in the playoffs yet...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Which new Player will have the biggest impact in the Playoffs?

Well, even every other night (which means every 4 or 5 nights) would put him into a position where he could give shaq alternate nights of only playing 15 minutes or so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

nenad krstic

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

JO is working a vigerous regiment to work his way back. I do not know how well it will translate on the court but he will be in very good shape. Word is he really wants to come back and contribute.  I am rooting for the guy. I do not know if it will work out but I like J/O. When they signed Shaq handled it well saying what ever is best for the team. J/O if healthy would be a big lift off the bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Actually, if JO were to be able to come back strong, I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting and shaq anchoring the bench.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In Response to Which new Player will have the biggest impact in the Playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]Now that our roster is pretty much set I would like to see what people think about the potential impact of each player that we have acquired. All things being equal and assuming we have a healthy Shaq, a somewhat healthy J.O.N and Big Baby back, which of our 4 new additions has the biggest impact and why? I think as an honorable mention we could consider Shaq a new member and so if you want to speak on Shaqs impact you can do that also. I personally think that Green still has a lot to show, so Im gonna say since we would have Shaq back that Green would have the most impact and im hoping it comes in the form of defense.  He has the tools to defend, but came from a completely different defensive system but I think in a month, he will learn and his size will be helpful in guarding 3's that can score. I think depending on if Shaq can stay out of foul trouble or not, I believe Kristic may be big as well, im just not sold that J.O.N. can bring it every night in the playoffs yet...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    It'll be Nenad Krstic. I don't think that JON will play much, if at all. So it's going to be Shaq for 20-25 min, the rest, 18-20 min, will be given to NK. OTOH, JG will be playing mostly behind PP, which means 12-15 min
    Of course, it's a prediction based on a lot of "Ifs".

AK

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I actually love Jermaines potential impact on Defense, but I dont want to get excited for him to come back only to have a setback, but I guess we have to trust in Danny.

I would tell J.O.N not even to worry about scoring since our offense seems to be better now and tell him just rebound and get some blocks....if he comes back to what he was for a few games, which was shaky on offense but pretty good defensively, its gravy, imo

so far as who starts....before the year started , I stated Shaq would probably start because of his name and career accomplishments but I thought J.O.N. should start, but after seeing Shaqs resurgance, and him being in shape, sprinting up the court, etc....I feel he can hold his own starting and fits in well with Rondo and K.G.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

My wild card will be Wafer. He proved himself by playing well against Miami and L.A. I hope he can secure some time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Sorry... I thought I read it as Bench Player. I'll say Green.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think it will be Jeff Green.  This guy is truly a talent and Doc has to find a way to get him significant minutes.  I can see him playing the 3 backing up Pierce, the 4 playing alongside KG and/or playing with a "big" first unit as Pierce plays the two for Ray.

Green HAS to get comfortable in every part of our system, offensively and defensively, because he is very capable of doing it all.

He will provide valuable minutes against the likes of Odom.  His length and athleticism, IMO, can neutralize what Odom does.  He is capable of being a matchup problem for the likes of Deng and Carmello and he can play someone like Stoudmire too.  He's athletic enough to bother LeBron defensively and he has the offense to make LeBron work on the defensive end.

I truly believe this guy is a keeper.  You just don't get guys with this much upside who have a taste of playoff war already (vs Lakers last season).  He gives us so much flexibility.  We haven't had anyone like him in a very long time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

It is likely to be Krstic. He will play with the starters when Shaq gets into foul trouble which will happen frequently. His offensive skill allows the starters to spread the floor. This allows Rondo to drive to the hoop more and prevents defenses from playing five on three. On defense, it remains to be seen. He could also have the biggest impact if we play the Magic and the Lakers, but not in a positive way. His low weight is alright against the Bulls and Atlanta, but against Howard and Bynum, he will be a movable object.

I am sure that against these guys Doc will be looking to Shaq and Baby, or even JO if he is still playing.,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Petey62

Corry Brewer and Jeff Green are not your usual buyout type of players. They are upside free agents. I like Jeff Green he played well vs the lakers and even had one monster game las year in the playoffs.

In the old days the star player took the undercalssman under his wing Cousy to KC Tommy to Hondo and so on they were more than willing to lift thier eventual replacements. I remember Bird talking about being able to retire with Lewis and Bias ready to take the keys and let them drive. I see PP schooling green and in two years Jeff taking on PP role.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Which new Player will have the biggest impact in the Playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]JO is working a vigorous regimen to work his way back. I do not know how well it will translate on the court but he will be in very good shape. Word is he really wants to come back and contribute.  I am rooting for the guy. I do not know if it will work out but I like J/O. When they signed Shaq handled it well saying what ever is best for the team. J/O if healthy would be a big lift off the bench.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

I have to agree..As much as I have hopes for JG I believe JON will come to the top of the bench and provide exactly what we need. Kristic is a great addition and JG a potential star. I believe JON will overcome and be our "big" off the bench and make a difference!. JMO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Which new Player will have the biggest impact in the Playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]JO is working a vigerous regiment to work his way back. I do not know how well it will translate on the court but he will be in very good shape. Word is he really wants to come back and contribute.  I am rooting for the guy. I do not know if it will work out but I like J/O. When they signed Shaq handled it well saying what ever is best for the team. J/O if healthy would be a big lift off the bench.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]
        That is a very good and encouraging post. Thanks.  A healthy, well conditioned and motivated J.O will help the C's a lot.
       It's a question of the bench players playing long enough with each other before the playoffs to gel as a unit. J.O, Green, Delonte, Krystic and Baby.
       Now for my predictios as the second unit player that will have the biggest impact in the playoffs. I'm going with Delonte. I'm partial to Delonte as he was drafted as a Celtic. I'm always partial to player the C's draft and develop in their system.
       However I think any of the guys listed above can have a big impact. All are quality NBA players.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Green, by a mile, within two weeks he'll be averaging 14 points and 8 rebounds a game. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Delonte West!

Once Rondo struggles with hitting the open jumper I don't think Doc will hesitate to replace Rondo with West.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which new Player will have the biggest impact in the Playoffs? : Fat chance - So far Deloste has played in 8 games this season ... I hope he comes back and makes a contribution but I wouldn't be putting my easter eggz in his basket alongside his artillary.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

It's funny that you would say that. I remember not so long ago Fierce34 put his eggz on Big Baby's basket while you put yours on Anthony Tolliver's eggz.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]Do the player comparison and extend Tolliver's numbers by 50% to equate BBD's minutes and guess what? The only thing BBD has on Tolliver is his ability to take a charge ... and sore legs. Do a player comparison here and then re-eluate your hero worship for the fierce one .... hahaha! http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/ Fierce also said the key to the season was "Rebounding" and guess who isn't getting it done?

For the record, you still believe that Anthony Tolliver is as good as Glen Davis?

Baby - 29.4 mpg 11.6 ppg 5.3 rpg 44.8% FG
    Tolliver - 19.0 mpg 6.0 ppg 4.4 rpg 42.5% FG

Don't forget if Tolliver's numbers are not better than BBD's at the end of the season you lose your bet and you will not be posting at the end of this season until the start of the 2011-12 season.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which new Player will have the biggest impact in the Playoffs? : For the record I said that given the same minutes played that Tollivers numbers would be comparable to BBD's and prove to be an adequate replacement should BBD be traded and for less $ ... I stand by my bet and still think BBD is gone this summer in a S&T ... Green or Davis at PF ... easy decision!

That's not what I'm talking about. You said last October that if BBD comes up with better numbers than Anthony Tolliver you will not post from the end of this season up to the start of the 2011-12 season.

Not man enough to honor your word?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which new Player will have the biggest impact in the Playoffs? : For the record I said that given the same minutes played that Tollivers numbers would be comparable to BBD's and he'd prove to be an adequate replacement should BBD be traded and for less $ ... I stand by my bet and still think BBD is gone this summer in a S&T ... Green or Davis at PF ... easy decision! Tolliver numbers based on 28.5 mins per game: PPG 9 RPG 6.6 APG 1.65 SPG .75 BPG .6 FG% .425 FT% .802 3P% .416 Davis numbers based on 29 mins per game: PPG 11.6 RPG  5.3 APG  1.2 SPG  1.0 BPG  0.4 FG% .448 FT% .750 3P% .091 Still too early to call and Davis's numbers have fallen off recently so we will see at year end - Davis up 2.6 pts but in Fierce's must category Tolliver leads in rebounds by 1.3 (if converted these rebounds = 2.6 pts)

Stop with the bullsh1t stats! BBD is getting more playing time because he's the 6th man of the Celtics. Tolliver against Philly last night scored 2 points and got 1 rebound. You're making excuses. 

I hope you're man enough to accept defeat and you honor your word.

Sections
Shortcuts