Who are the elite teams of the NBA?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Re: Who are the elite teams of the NBA?

In Response to Re: Who are the elite teams of the NBA?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the elite teams of the NBA? : If Pierce was healthy from game 1 7-0. Elite since PP got back.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Boston has played absolutely dreadful teams since Pierce got back.
    Beating Detroit, Washington twice and NJ w/o their 3 best players does not make a team elite.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Miami is, the Lakers aint

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Wins are wins no matter who you play but the opponents Boston have played in the last 4 games are dreadful.
    Maybe Miami is the only elite team in the league...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Wins are wins no matter who you play but the opponents Boston have played in the last 4 games are dreadful. Maybe Miami is the only elite team in the league...
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

If we beat IND, are we elite??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the elite teams of the NBA? : Come on! Give credit where credit is due. The Lakers couldn't even beat the Kings. When the last time the Kings made the playoffs?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Don't you think there is a difference between the expectations for the Lakers vs Celtics in their first few weeks of the season?

LA has a new coach with new plays and a number of new players. Boston runs the same plays as last year. LA's loss to Sacramento was in game 2 of the season without Bynum. If that loss to the Kings for the Lakers means a lot to you, so be it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the elite teams of the NBA? : If we beat IND, are we elite??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I don't think there are any elite teams.
    I put Miami at #1 then Boston, Chicago, LAL, OKC and maybe Dallas somewhere behind Miami.

Indiana is a good young team, but a team Boston should beat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the elite teams of the NBA? : ok stupid I'll play your little game. For one thing Elite teams beat the teams they should beat. Those 3 teams are lousy thus we should win and did. Our best player missed the first 3 games. We lost to NY by 2. Pierce plays Carmelo's scoring is probably less and Pierce scores more thus that is a different game and we win. Miami we lost by 7. Again Pierces scoring plus the defense slows Lebron down we win. New Orleans we had no PP, Wilcox, J Green or Pietrus. We lost by 15. Pierce plays we win as he would have slowed whoever he covered down and scored big on that team of bums. What part of that intangible do you not understand? Are you legally stupid or are you just a troll who thinks LA is the bomb because of Kome.  If you have nothing intelligent to add do us all the favor and get the F out!! 
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

So, any game that Pierce misses, that is automatically considered a win if he was playing? New Orleans destroyed Boston.
    You are already saying how Boston will play with Pietrus? LOL. You are the king of what ifs.

I am not going anywhere. This is my forum just as much as yours. Deal with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the elite teams of the NBA? : I don't think there are any elite teams. I put Miami at #1 then Boston, Chicago, LAL, OKC and maybe Dallas somewhere behind Miami. Indiana is a good young team, but a team Boston should beat.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

That was intelligent. IF you brought more stuff like this to a discussion you wouldn't get evil remarks from me and some of the others on this board. I agree with that. I give Miami a slight edge over that group and if Collison and West get on thesame page Indiana could be right there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Let's not be riiculous here. There was virtually no pre season so at this time no one looks that elite. Miami looks the best but they have had several squeekers so far. Does anyone really believe Dallas will end up with a losing record. The Celtics started without Pierce and the Lakers without Bynum. The Lakers probably are closer to winning a title this year if they can stay healthy  than the Celtics are but it's a marathon not a sprint. The Celtics looked awful going into the playoffs in 2009 and look at what happened. Dwight Howard is a great player and what has ever really done in the playoffs but get lucky that Garnett get's hurt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Clippers and the Trail Blazers are the darkhorses.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the elite teams of the NBA? : Don't you think there is a difference between the expectations for the Lakers vs Celtics in their first few weeks of the season? LA has a new coach with new plays and a number of new players. Boston runs the same plays as last year. LA's loss to Sacramento was in game 2 of the season without Bynum. If that loss to the Kings for the Lakers means a lot to you, so be it.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

Gee, man, all my lakers friends out here in LA tell me the expectations for the lakers EVERY year is a championship!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE] In Response to Re: Who are the elite teams of the NBA? : Gee, man, all my lakers friends out here in LA tell me the expectations for the lakers EVERY year is a championship!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Did you notice that I said the expectations for the first two weeks of the season?
    I do not think the Lakers will win the championship with their current roster.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the elite teams of the NBA? : Did you notice that I said the expectations for the first two weeks of the season? I do not think the Lakers will win the championship with their current roster.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

Sadly, like you trax, I believe Boston doesn't have a prayer either. I'm thankful that we don't play in the west though as the imbalance of a weak east is already there for all to see. Miami and Chi town are good but the rest are average to poor.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the elite teams of the NBA? : Where were you when the Nuggets cut the throat of the Lakers in Denver? 

Did you get that video/picture link of that evidence against Kobe that you promised? Told some friends about how you could blow his career up with this news. They of course said you were full of it and a blow hard with a single digit i.q but I said 'whoa' this guy said he could do it.

Feel free to post anytime.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are the elite teams of the NBA? : I promised you that I would give you proof that would put Kobe in his place if you first showed us KG's jail sentence. Duh! You weren't here when the Nuggets grabbed the Lakers throat a few days ago. Were you blowing, hard? Ha Ha

Tayshawn is the front-runners front runner!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

This is how the elite do it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Speaking of elite -
    Glen Davis - 25 mins, 2-10 from the field, 4 rebounds!!

Thanks Danny!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

MarShon Brooks traded for JJJ:
    How good would he look as Ray and Rondo's back up instead of Drooling and Badley?

Thanks Danny!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]This is how the elite do it?
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

Great picture!!

Sections
Shortcuts