Who backs up Paul?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Who backs up Paul?

This is an honest question...

I was looking at the roster and realized that the C's don't have a definite back up to Paul Pierce...

Am I missing something? Von Wafer and Marquis are more prototypical SG's right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Who backs up Paul?

Hopefully they will use Rasheed's contract to sign a Posey/TA type player to be Paul's backup.  I agree that they definitely need someone else at this position. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Well yeah if sheeds gone then I surely hope we'll get a backup for him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoBoston. Show GregoBoston's posts

Call the Sixers and ask for Nocioni.  He has 2 years left on his contract.  Everybody agrees that he is the perfect back-up SF for Paul.  Sheeds contract + picks for Nocioni. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

Von Wafer!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Who backs up Paul?:
    [QUOTE]Call the Sixers and ask for Nocioni.  He has 2 years left on his contract.  Everybody agrees that he is the perfect back-up SF for Paul.  Sheeds contract + picks for Nocioni. 
    Posted by GregoBoston[/QUOTE]
    I'd love that deal

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

How about this?
    We start Rondo, Pierce,K.G.,BBD, and Shaq

And if Pierce gets in foul trouble, we back him up with Ray Allen!

And if K.G. gets in foul trouble, we back K.G. up with Pierce and still bring in Ray Allen!

If BBD get's in foul trouble, we bring in JON.

If Shaq get's tired or in foul trouble, we bring in JON.

This team is built to be awesome! If done right!

We did have scoring droughts with our bench last year, right? Even with Ray Allen staying on the floor.

JON would be more of a weapon in that area than Shaq, and a brand spanking new and fresh Ray Allen off the bench would be a better attack.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The presently costructed Celtics will bring Wafer and Quise in as his replacement. Who knows if they should try and acquire another piece and more specifically a b/u for PP. Maybe Harangody plays the SF he's 6'8" or maybe Gaffney sticks as the b/u for PP he is also 6'8" ,so size wise they are in good shape. I would say right now Bradley will be the b/u to Ray Allen as I'm pretty sure they want his man to man defense on who ever is Allen's guy..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The starters most likely will be: Rondo, Ray Allen, Pierce, K.G. and Shaq.

I do like K.G. at SF against Miami and L.A., however.

The top backups - Nate, Bradley, Wafer, BBD, and JON.

I don't think MD will beat out Wafer. My hope is that Bradley is so good, you have to play him also. ( Otherwise, MD will sneak in to the top reserves with Wafer at SG)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

[QUOTE]Call the Sixers and ask for Nocioni.  He has 2 years left on his contract.  Everybody agrees that he is the perfect back-up SF for Paul.  Sheeds contract + picks for Nocioni. 
    Posted by GregoBoston[/QUOTE]

I think nocioni it´s a nice option
    But i wouldnt give up any picks for him

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoBoston. Show GregoBoston's posts

Watch the USA-France game on Sunday. 
    Florent Pietrus is an amazing defensive stopper.  His game is different from his brother Mike because he has played as an undersized PF for most of his career but can really play great defense on SF. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

who backs up pierce....

of course!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Several people keep talking about the Nocioni. Nocioni gets about 7 million dollars per season. He's a good player, but he's not worth nearly that much.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Forget a backup to give Paul a rest what if he is injured this team will never recover.  Find another SF or risk a failed season Danny!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]With only Jarvis Hayes, Devean George, Rodney Carney left as FA SF's with decent size, J Hayes is starting to look pretty darn good for the VM. http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jarvis_hayes/ Barring that, would Danny ever sign a Euro looking to rejoin the NBA and could he use a VM for guys like this? 1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C3%A1lter_Herrmann 2) http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Bostjan-Nachbar-3710/ 3) http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Qyntel-Woods-4977/ Not sure that they are all available/interested other than Herrmann who is rumored to be returning to the NBA possibly to resign with Charlotte. Tradewise, sans Sheed there aren't too many match ups other than say Fernandez ... without Sheed ... Prince, Dunleavy & even Posey are not doable.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Damien Wilkins would do for me...

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who backs up Paul? : Too much like Wafer,no? ... Looking for length, a SF/PF type like Ramanovic but a better defender. He's a poor man's AW though could spell PP and provide some PF help if needed for a few minutes. Offense: Gets most of his shots as a spot up shooter, but will also float to the perimeter in transition and move without the ball if he sees an opportunity to get an easy basket. Tremendously consistent shooting stroke. Makes a killing from the right corner. One of the best catch and shoot players in the game. Solid shooter off the dribble, but most players can force him to give the ball up if he puts it on the floor. Always gets his feet set and readies himself to receive the ball. Good footwork when spotting up. Won’t make an effort to pursue offensive rebounds. Good passer, but will turn the ball over when he over-dribbles when looking for space. Almost never gets to the free throw line. Solid foul shooter once there. Not very explosive vertically, and doesn’t go up strong at the rim. Little bit soft in general. Has nothing even resembling a post game. Fills his role well, but has the potential to be a more complete player. Defense: A mediocre defender who doesn’t have the physical tools to get by at his effort level. Doesn’t do a good job containing penetration or contesting shots. Will take risks, but does manage to create some turnovers. Won’t block many shots despite his size. Very poor rebounder for his position. Needs to give a better effort to be more effective. Commits a lot of fouls given his style of play, but most of them are at the rim, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA-Scouting-Reports-Pacific-Division-Part-Two--2978/#ixzz0wiD3KlCS http://www.draftexpress.com
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Radmanovic is still with the Warriors... And I don't even like his game. His size is what we need but his game assets just won't do. Remember how he got owned by Pierce in the 08 finals? Radmanovic was just a ghost on that court. How could he be able to defend any other forward  or guard like Lebron or a kobe? However his shooting is a good thing.

Read Damien Wilkins draftexpress. He is a solid defender(which we need) , he has speed to run with rondo, he has a decent jumper just not that reliable on offense(so he is totally not a von wafer, that can shoot pretty well). The only negative is , that he might be a bit too small at 6.6. But that makes him at least taller then Quis and Wafer.

What about Jarvis Hayes? He has the size and can shoot the ball. Not so sure about his defensive skills but that's an extra.

I would say yes on Hayes or Wilkins.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

you put the rookie Luke out there and see what happens, too slow on defense - but I just see that guy giving people fits trying to defend him and keep him off the boards, seems like a winner - and at the 3 he is a matchup issue for the other team as well, if he is stronger in that matchup - the other team has to adjust.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Pierce is 6'7 Wafer 6'6 I think we can live with a guy 1 inch shorter for a few minutes each game. Harangody  can play some back up also. I think we need another great shooter to round us out but would be nice if he was a SF,