Who do you predict will suffer most from the lockout?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Who do you predict will suffer most from the lockout?

I remember not recognizing Shawn Kemp after the last lock out( went from sports car to dump truck!). Vin Baker also was never the same player if I recall ( from all-star to bum)

You think just the heavy set players would have to be afraid, but not true from my recollection!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Who do you predict will suffer most from the lockout?

I think all Celtics fans will suffer because FIERCE-ONE ON ONE AND BIAS will no longer be able to suggest ridiculous trades and aquisitions. 

Just remember, they didn't even know what Ainge was thinking. They didn't know the 2 Purdue duo will be a Celtics....no clue whatsoever...but they are "mr know it all"Embarassed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you predict will suffer most from the lockout?:
    [QUOTE]I think all Celtics fans will suffer because FIERCE-ONE ON ONE AND BIAS will no longer be able to suggest ridiculous trades and aquisitions.  Just remember, they didn't even know what Ainge was thinking. They didn't know the 2 Purdue duo will be a Celtics....no clue whatsoever...but they are "mr know it all"
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Can we keep things to the topic at hand, and not get personal or ridiculous?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Players will suffer the most, and that's why they will cave!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you predict will suffer most from the lockout? : Can we keep things to the topic at hand, and not get personal or ridiculous?
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

Oh, have you seen a topic here started in "A" and end in up in "A" ?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Before the lockout:

After the lockout:

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you predict will suffer most from the lockout? : Posting stats to backup my claims is way better than posting crap on a Celtics board when the avenger is drunk . HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Why did I know you'd reply like that even when I posted it? And i wuz sober when I posted it the first time, i don noe abot it naw thou.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Before:

After:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Season ticket holders like myself who already paid for most of next season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

Doesn't Gilbert/Cav's owner have his own agenda for these agreements? Breaking up Miami, which I do not care about, but I think it just shows that the owners are playing their own games. I hope the season will not be delayed or cut short. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Who will suffer the most? Veteran players who were looking for one more shot at a ring. Oh, and arena workers of course.

In this forum, I'd say Commie Contrarian because Commie made a ton of predictions about next season that will all be rendered irrelevant

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't Gilbert/Cav's owner have his own agenda for these agreements? Breaking up Miami, which I do not care about, but I think it just shows that the owners are playing their own games. I hope the season will not be delayed or cut short. 
    Posted by stiorevo[/QUOTE]

I actually think a lot of the owners agree with him!!
    If the players can collude, why can't the owners?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics, Mavs, Lakers, and Spurs should benefit the most with the shortened season that should come out of the lockout.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Season ticket holders like myself who already paid for most of next season.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

I agree that this will be very disappointing for season ticket holders.  Although, I wish that I was  fortunate enough to be able to afford season tickets. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics, Mavs, Lakers, and Spurs should benefit the most with the shortened season that should come out of the lockout.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

A shortened season would mean more back to back games.  This wouldn't really be good for the teams with older players.  I heard Chris Mannix and Adrian Wojanowski both say that this would be a big disadvantage for the Celtics because of their age. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Those who will suffer: people who work in arenas, contractors who supply arenas with commodities (food, beverages, paper goods, etc.), part-time reporters who only cover the NBA, ancillary individuals such as assistant coaches, strength coaches, trainers, etc., and lastly the players - mostly because they won't have health care for themselves or their families.  Looking at current NFL players' situations, many of them are doing manual labor or menial jobs.  The sad fact of today's NBA is so many players never went to college or never completed real degrees (criminal justice or speech anyone?) and now are not qualified to hold jobs that pay much more than minimum wage.  It's very sad to me that the league has devolved from a population of educated players to players that eschew any intellectual exercises - like reading a book.  Bill Bradley was a Rhodes Scholar, but was just one of nearly all players who did the whole four years then graduate thing.  Listen to Havlicek or Russell speak and then listen to many of the current players.  People in general used to be better educated than they are today, but by using NBA players as a microcosm, we can see how ill-prepared theses guys are for the real world.  Despite their salaries, most of them are lost when their earning potential is not dependent on running and jumping.  The stars who have numerous endorsements will do well, but for the average player, there's not much sun this summer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Susan,
    Playing less than fifty games will help the Celtics.  I bet the players would agree.

The two writers you mention I read and take with a grain of salt.  We know as much as they do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]Before: After:
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Sad. Too much time on his hands and too much available alcohol.  He was/is a good person which is why teams wanted him to succeed.  He was also a force before his demise.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Fans / season ticket holders and people that work at the arenas. There isn't going to be an NBA season at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

the people who work in the arenas by far. they dont have millions stashed away like the players and owners.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]Susan, Playing less than fifty games will help the Celtics.  I bet the players would agree. The two writers you mention I read and take with a grain of salt.  We know as much as they do.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think the league has learned of their scheduling pitfalls and will be more sensitive to the back to backs when/if the NBA starts up again. Plus, I got to think it could help the C's because I've noticed that the Big 3 sometimes like to practice at such a high pace that they start fading a bit down the stretch of a long season, so the lockout may serve to corral them a bit more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Who do you predict will suffer most from the lockout?:
    [QUOTE]I remember not recognizing Shawn Kemp after the last lock out( went from sports car to dump truck!). Vin Baker also was never the same player if I recall ( from all-star to bum) You think just the heavy set players would have to be afraid, but not true from my recollection!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Who will suffer the most from the lockout?

The hundreds of kids of single mothers fathered by players in the league.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts