Who do you think will play in the NBA Finals?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRock1. Show SoxRock1's posts

Re: Who do you think will play in the NBA Finals?

Bulls - Lakers with LA in 6.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NaturesCamo. Show NaturesCamo's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you think will play in the NBA Finals?:
    The answer really comes down to two players: Shaq and Rondo. If Rondo continues in his slump, the Celtics won't go far no matter what Shaq does. If Shaq cannot stay on the court, it's a 50/50 proposition If they both show up and play well, the Celtics will win the East and, I predict, the championship.
    Posted by cshashaty

Completely agree. If Rondo can get going and find his rhythm and kick this slump this are going to be very different. Ray will his shot going with open looks, Garnett will get those flawless open layups, etc. Lets hope Shaq can stay in one piece long enough haha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I think Heat and Lakers. Lakers in six. God I hope I'm wrong. I hate the Lakers more then the Yankees. I hate to say it but they are going to tie us for most NBA titles with 17. WHY DOES ANYBODY WANT THE LAKERS IN THE FINALS? I would like to see the Celtics and Spurs. You know the Spurs from 1999 until now never get thier due. They have 4 titles in the past 12 seasons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I think if the Heat played the Lakers in the Finals, I truly believe the Heat would beat them in 6. I always felt the Heat matches up the BEST with the Lakers.

I think the offensive firepower of the Heat will overwhelm them in the end, adding to the fact the Heat are a good defensive team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Boston vs Dallas

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Alot of people counting us out already I see.  tisk, tisk

Celtics vs Spurs...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Celtics vs. OKC -- Perk has a 30 pt. night for OKC in game 7 in Boston and OKC wins the championship, Perk crys after the game -- ahhhhhhhhhhh! This is my nightmare!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Four SI "experts" today picked the winners of the play-offs. Two of the four picked the Celtics to make it to the finals, and one picked them to win.

Until we see how the Celtics perform in the first play-off series, I still pick Celtics Lakers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Boston vs Dallas
    Posted by BiasLewis

I would be very surprised to see Dallas make it to the finals.  They don't do well during the playoffs. 
    I expect that the Lakers will be in the NBA finals again.  I would like to see the Spurs  represent the West this year, and I suppose it is a possibility that this could happen.  I am not sure that the Celtics will represent the Eastern Conference, but I suppose it is possible.  It really depends on the status of Shaq and Delonte and how much they can contribute during the playoffs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Celtics vs. Spurs with the Celtics in 6 games.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

For Celtics fans you make me sick.  The Lakers look awful and you think they win the title based on what?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

pacers and lakers...pacers in 5 games...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

haha above is just a joke....celtics and lakers....c's in 6 games!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Alot of people counting us out already I see.  tisk, tisk Celtics vs Spurs...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Spurs without Manu go down to the Grizz.....it is not a good matchup for the Spurs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you think will play in the NBA Finals? : I would be very surprised to see Dallas make it to the finals.  They don't do well during the playoffs.  I expect that the Lakers will be in the NBA finals again.  I would like to see the Spurs  represent the West this year, and I suppose it is a possibility that this could happen.  I am not sure that the Celtics will represent the Eastern Conference, but I suppose it is possible.  It really depends on the status of Shaq and Delonte and how much they can contribute during the playoffs. 
    Posted by susan250

I think I saw yesterday the Mavs have gone out in the first round 3 of the last 4 years, losing Caron Butler really sunk their chance as far as I am concerned.

If Manu is less than 100% I could see the Spurs going out in the first round to the Grizz.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you think will play in the NBA Finals? : I think I saw yesterday the Mavs have gone out in the first round 3 of the last 4 years, losing Caron Butler really sunk their chance as far as I am concerned. If Manu is less than 100% I could see the Spurs going out in the first round to the Grizz.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

You may be right about the Spurs.  I would hate to see them lose in the first round, but injuries to key players can influence any playoff series.  Without Manu they will probably struggle.  I don't believe that any other team in the Western Conference will have a chance against the Lakers

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Lakers Celtics

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

No predictions, NO ONE KNOWS--too many possibilities. With the way both the Celtics and the Lakers limped into the playoffs last year, most posters were saying that it was Cleveland's year. And look what happened.

In the East it could be the Bulls, Boston or Miami. One of those 3 teams should make the finals. And they are all very capable. The question-mark with Boston is Shaq.

In the West, it could be Oklahoma, Lakers, Spurs. But the Mavs, Blazers, or Memphis are tough.

The key will be injuries and how the games are called by the refs. If the refs allow physical play, then it nuetralizes the advantages that younger, more athletic teams. If the games are called tight, then it advantages the physical teams. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

In the play-offs, the referees usually allow physical play. The only two games that were tightly called that I saw, were games one and two of the finals.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

All right, I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll FIND a way.  Celtics-Lakers in another 7 game series.
    Posted by MsLithium21

Hmmm!....sunshine pumpers!.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

It will not be Boston or LA this year. Would like to Tibs and the Bulls make it if not Boston. After Kobe's remarks for sure not going to be LA. My guess is Hornets vs. Majic.
    Posted by vertmont

Okay...I'll bite.

How are Kobe's "remarks" gonna keep the Lakers from getting to the Finals. Unless they change the rules over the next few days, I think they STILL have to settle it ON THE COURT. I doubt that the "offended" ref will be one working the games that Kobe is involved in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Tough one!!  Of course I want Celtics -Lakers!  Hmmm.. what would happen with a Celtics  OKC final.  That would be insane.   Bulls look strong.  Could go Bulls Lakers or Bulls OKC.   Heat have played well lately.  Bulls, Heat and OKC are hungry and young!!
    Posted by BigJoedaddyBoston

Sooo...are you gonna actually make a pick?

No fence sitters allowed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

All right, I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll FIND a way.  Celtics-Lakers in another 7 game series.
    Posted by MsLithium21

You are a true Celtics. We need more of you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

For Celtics fans you make me sick.  The Lakers look awful and you think they win the title based on what?
    Posted by concord27

1) Pretty much all healthy
    2) Bynum is playing
    3) Best closer in the game (Kobe)
    4) Length and rebounding
    5) Good defense
    6) Good offense
    7) Phil Jackson is coaching them
    8) Artest is a little bulldog on defense
    9) They've been there before
    10) Swagger
    11) Lamar Odom is so versatile
    12) It's the PLAYOFFS...when they "flip the switch"!

I could go on, but I think you get my point.

Sections
Shortcuts