Who does NOT get cut?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Who does NOT get cut?

In Response to Who does NOT get cut?:
    [QUOTE]Pick the guy you want to STAY. This is a bench mob referendum by the people for the people. That being said, Danny will do whatever he wants. He always has.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

-

With the roster at 17, right now (and that includes Perk) Bradley may not make it due to injury and rehab which means even with a roster of 14 Lasme can make the cut.  He deserves it the most and can be the most valuable contruibutor of that bunch.

Delonte will be out 10 games so odds are that Von Wafer will make it short term but then be cut to make room for D-West and Bradley.  Bradley will likely go to the D-League and be coming up and down throughout the season.

No.NamePosExpCollegeHtWt
    20Allen, RaySG14Connecticut6-5205
    0Bradley, AverySGRTexas6-2180
    8Daniels, MarquisG-F7Auburn6-6200
    11Davis, GlenF-C3LSU6-9289
    86Erden, SemihCRNone6-11240
    5Garnett, KevinPF15None6-11253
    55Harangody, LukePFRNotre Dame6-8246
    45Lasme, StephaneF1Massachusetts6-8220
    7O'Neal, JermaineC14None6-11255
    36O'Neal, ShaquilleC18LSU7-1325
    43Perkins, KendrickC7None6-10280
    34Pierce, PaulG-F12Kansas6-7235
    4Robinson, NateG5Washington5-9180
    9Rondo, RajonPG4Kentucky6-1171
    12Wafer, VonG4Florida State6-5209
    13West, DelonteG6St. Joseph's6-3180
    6West, MarioG-F3Georgia Tech6-5210

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

My picture just showed up as Nancy Pelosi. Boston.com is getting weird.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I am pretty sure Bradley is in. They like his defense and he hasn't been healthy yet, but they are assuming he will be very good when healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

I can't believe Ainge is going to log on and see who we want and act accordingly...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Who does NOT get cut?:
    [QUOTE]I can't believe Ainge is going to log on and see who we want and act accordingly...
    Posted by Micksoxx[/QUOTE]
        Part of the fun of a sports blog site is to play arm chair G.M. We're not delusional thinking we're making the decisions. We're just having fun speculating and discussing. If you don't like the game fine, but nobody is asking for your opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Even if Bradley is sent to Maine "D. League" he takes up one of the 15 roster spots. To my understanding, only one of the 3 training camp invitees can make the team, being either M.West, Lasme and Wafer. Delonte West has a non-guaranteed contract but it is higly unlikely he will be cut.
        If D. West weren't suspended, I'd sign Lasme. However there are no other backup 2 guards. Therefore out of necessity I think Wafer makes the cut. Both Wafer and Lasme are good players and I hate to see one of the 2 cut.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

I'm thinking Lasme sticks because he can defend bigger 3's and also 4's.  He's not going to give us much in the way of shooting but we've got Robinson and West both playing 1/2 behind Rondo and Allen and they can both shoot it.  With Lasme defending bigger 3's and West capable of defending smaller quick 3's 'Quis can swing to the 2 and 3 spot depending on matchups.  Bradley may get some minutes here and there later in the year but is probably better suited to some D league time early on so he can get on the floor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I'm thinking Lasme sticks because he can defend bigger 3's and also 4's.  He's not going to give us much in the way of shooting but we've got Robinson and West both playing 1/2 behind Rondo and Allen and they can both shoot it.  With Lasme defending bigger 3's and West capable of defending smaller quick 3's 'Quis can swing to the 2 and 3 spot depending on matchups.  Bradley may get some minutes here and there later in the year but is probably better suited to some D league time early on so he can get on the floor.
    Posted by NYCelt[/QUOTE]

Danilo Gallinari is 6-9 SF and not very fast for a SF. But Lasme couldn't defend him 1 on 1. If Lasme can't keep up with Gallinari...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who does NOT get cut? : Danilo Gallinari is 6-9 SF and not very fast for a SF. But Lasme couldn't defend him 1 on 1. If Lasme can't keep up with Gallinari...
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34,

I saw that; not Lasme's best effort to date! 

I'm still guessing he stays because we have good depth, although small size, at guard once West is back.  I'm not so sure we keep Wafer due to a need for 10 out of 82 regular season games.  Bradley gives us a wild card and 'Quis is still really suited to 2 guard.  Behind Pierce however it's just 'Quis and perhaps West will find himself on smaller, faster 3's as he did with the Cav's and C's before.  I'm thinking Lasme is as good as we have off the bench against the bigger 3's (James or Artest types for example).  He is better close in offensively and probably is better suited to defending 4's but we're really thin behind Pierce and I wonder if we don't end up favoring Lasme on some of the bigger bodied 3's instead of 'Quis.  My guess anyway.

Regards

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who does NOT get cut? : P34, I saw that; not Lasme's best effort to date!  I'm still guessing he stays because we have good depth, although small size, at guard once West is back.  I'm not so sure we keep Wafer due to a need for 10 out of 82 regular season games.  Bradley gives us a wild card and 'Quis is still really suited to 2 guard.  Behind Pierce however it's just 'Quis and perhaps West will find himself on smaller, faster 3's as he did with the Cav's and C's before.  I'm thinking Lasme is as good as we have off the bench against the bigger 3's (James or Artest types for example).  He is better close in offensively and probably is better suited to defending 4's but we're really thin behind Pierce and I wonder if we don't end up favoring Lasme on some of the bigger bodied 3's instead of 'Quis.  My guess anyway. Regards
    Posted by NYCelt[/QUOTE]

Avery Bradley is still hurting and he plays PG, not SG.

Doc uses a 10-man rotation in the regular season. Without Delonte that 2nd unit will be missing a SG. The Celtics will not be a threat from the outside if Quis plays SG and Lasme SF. 

I don't think we should downplay 10 games. Those 10 games could mean home court advantage in the semis of the playoffs or the ECF. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

P34,

We'll see soon enough; we can have a friendly wager in the meantime (keep it below 10 mil which we'll never pay each other anyway, please).

It does look like Bradley's going to see time at the 2, he's a true combo-guard.  From what I remember of his NCAA games I caught he looked better suited to 2-guard as well.  He defends well there, and has two or three ahead of him at the point.  I know it's been discussed on  a couple of the pre-season broadcasts and I recall reading similar thoughts, in the Globe I think.  Although none of them give us size Nate, West and possibly Bradley give us great depth at either 1 or 2.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Guess we'll have to wait at least one more year before we can evaluate Avery Bradley. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Wafers in, Bradley D league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Wafers in, Bradley D league.
    I agree.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

It seems people are talking about Lasme in other discussions like he is a lock to make the team. This would not upset me. He is a great athlete & seems to have a motor. He rimds me of a smaller version of Keon Clark. I think the Celts would save some money with keeping Lasme over Wafer too. I have not seen Wafer hit the J with consistancy. Not to mention he got tossed for 2 T's one game. Doc does not need any more ego than he already has. Bradley is going straight to the D-league. I would not be surprised if Harongody does too. Can't let 2 young guys rot on the bench. I guess Semih Erden is in? When Perk gets back my guess is that he'll come down with a mysterious injury tho....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to Who does NOT get cut?:
    [QUOTE]Pick the guy you want to STAY. This is a bench mob referendum by the people for the people. That being said, Danny will do whatever he wants. He always has.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

I would love to see Lasme, but I suspect Wafer will get the job as he can shoot deep!

Just hope Lasme sneaks into Maine

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Looks like Wafer is in. 

Lasme and Mario West only played in garbage time against the Nets. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like Wafer is in.  Lasme and Mario West only played in garbage time against the Nets. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

OK P34

You got it.

Comcast is reporting (post game Oct 20) that Lasme and M West have been cut and Wafer is in.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

HAHAHA!!!

Re: Who Gets Cut

posted at 10/18/2010 4:00 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 10/20/2010
    I don't get your reasoning .... cause West is suspended for 10 days you keep Wafer? Then for the rest of the year you have a logjam at back-up SG and a shortage at SF. Wafer's a one trick poney and Lasme can play 3/4 and defend/rebound. I'd go with Lasme, but that's just me ... I'll admit Wafer finally found his confidence and shot but with West he becomes a luxury whereas Lasme fills a need.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]And what's wrong with that post ... supporting the guy I like to make the team? I said before and said it again ... most likely the C's keep Wafer and try to sign Lasme to the Red Claws. But since you're playing that game again: "Harangody will definitely end up in the D-League. Lucky for him the Cs gave him a guaranteed 2-year contract. " "I think Harangody will be the 12th man on the roster on opening night." What next?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

The Celtics need a 12th man on opening night because West is suspended, Bradley is hurt, and Perk is still recovering. Common sense tells us Harangody is the last healthy player on the depth chart. Once West returns that makes Harangody the 13th man. Where do you think he will end up when that happens?

Fierce or P34 is owning you. Up until now you have never admitted that you were wrong about anything. Don't you think that's odd considering that not a single human being on this Earth is 100% correct all the time?

I think it's time for some reality check.