WHO GOT DRAFTED BY THE RIGHT TEAM TO SHINE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WHO GOT DRAFTED BY THE RIGHT TEAM TO SHINE?

GOOD MATCHUPS:

jimmer is the PERFECT example of a player hooking uo with the right team. i do see him as another eddie house, jj reddick, michael beasley type when they were coming out of college or being drafted. can score against anyone but not really suited for any one position and anyone can score against them. if not hot or scoring, they are generally useless or hurting their teams. i can think of 20 teams that jimmer would have tal bust at, 10 where he would have been average at best and 2 where he could have the best shot at immediate success.

fortunately for him, he hit on one of those two teams in sacremento with the perfect coach in paul westphal. the other team would be the suns. the knicks not so much. d'antoni has too much pressure to win immediately and he's already too impulsive with his rotations. could see jimmer quickly running out of flavor there. with the queens, first its about selling tics and being relevant. sportscenter will feature the kings almost every night if the jimmer is playing. like the rest of "white" america, they want to see him succeeding and are willing to only emphasize his strengths as with tim tebow.

corporate america wants him playing and will give him major sponsorship deals. you can bet that he will be all over TV during the season and being right up there with peyton manning as a top pitchman. kings sold more tickets on friday than at any time all of last year. jimmer the name trumps jimmer the game!

on the court, i look for him to start IMMEDIATELY. along with the rest of their youthful guys, scoring will be no problem. they are going to be right up there with the 7seconds or bust offense of the old suns with nash in his prime or with westphal everywhere else he has ever been. ultimately, they will be LOSERS for noone can win with an undersized team that hates playing defense. bottom line the goal is not about winning so its a perfect match as long as the fans come and they get enough buzz to justify staying in sacremento. in 2 or 3 years, they will be battling to almost make the playoffs and almost make the second round (the ceiling, with a westphal team).

jimmer should put up monster offensive numbers and be in the conversation for rook of the year. good match! jimmer the name will showcase jimmer the game! good match!

2. another great match is jan vesley who was picked in first to washington. with wall and their scheme he will be the euro-white version of blake griffin. i dont believe the nba has ever seen something like that. he's a tough guy high flier with serious swagger who may win next season's slam dunk contest and rook of the year award. he's the anti-jimmer, has the game without the name! plus he's also a macho scorer off the court, if you know what i mean (highlight of the entire draft):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08rirsA8YaM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zlB5w08_Es&feature=related

wiz better not pick up delonte west. then again rashard lewis will soon be releasing statements like: i did not sleep with jan's gal, and i will not be making her bark like a dog and i did not have her sneak over to my hotel room.

3. kyrie irving and cavs. they need a PG who can pass-first. should work out. i look for the cavs to make a playoff push but fall just a bit short. they have a few proven vets returning with some freakish athletic young guys in the mix. their 4th pick tristan thompson loves to run the break and will have lots of opportunity to do so with irving out there. cavs will be able to both run and slow it down with their vets and play better defense. outside shooting may still be an issue with only daniel gibson who can consistently do it.

4.  I like brandon knight with the pistons. he's a dumars clone and joe can help with his development. in time, he will be the man.

5. enis katner and jazz. they already have a turkish center in okur. will help him get acclimated better as he comes off the bench in a relaxed way. utah should have a very good team with perhaps the best set of big men in the league right now.

6. klay thompson and warriors. with mark jackson as his coach and his dad being a pro's pro as a player with the lakes and blazers, this kid should have no problem making the adjustment to the pros at a high level.

BAD MATCHUPS:

1. derrick williams and minny. another guy with no clear position at a position with no clear role for anyone on a team with no clear position on a coach or scheme. they already have beasley and love who both should be coming off the bench as neither is great at the position they start at in terms of defense or the post on offense against elite defenders. d-will will play at the 3 bit most experts say he's a better 4. too much doubt for a guy you pick #2.

2. jajuan johnson and celts. JJ is a good player, just not with the celts at least not next year. we are a team that NEVER plays its rooks and even then, its an afterthought with hopes of trading them for a second the following year. barring injury, i dont see him playing much. we are going to get and stay old throughout next year with it being the last year for the big 3 to get a ring. we may sign kurt thomas or bring back scal before we let this kid get a run.

3. BOBCATS and anyone.. what is MJ smoking? Lebron James will ULTIMATELY be a better GM, how's that? bizmarkie or whatever the guy's name is wasnt  good enough to dominate the YEMEN basketball association, not exactly the hotbed of the sport. kendrick jabbar perkins is wilt compared to this guy. hornets already have the immortal kwame brown as a starter. they needed a sure thing not another project who will be thrown to the wolves way too quickly. this kid is listed as 18 (in dominican years). kemba walker is ben gordon. not bad but he's not going to transform your franchise. too many questions. there were much better options all around.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: WHICH PLAYERS GOT DRAFTED BY THE RIGHT TEAM?

It has been a while since we drafted seniors most rookies were early entries or high school players I see both getting minutes off the bench

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I think Johnson plays this year, and plays a lot.  The only way he won't is if we resign Baby.  But don't you think that's the reason we got him in the first place.  AND......DOC will play rookies IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

....funny,
         after 12th pick every team said "unbelievable we targeted such and such, never thought our 1st choice still available".

then.....on december, either the guy in d-league, polishing the bench or simply tossed out.

Ainge and his brain thrust said that many times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: WHICH PLAYERS GOT DRAFTED BY THE RIGHT TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]....funny,      after 12th pick every team said "unbelievable we targeted such and such, never thought our 1st choice still available". then.....on december, either the guy in d-league, polishing the bench or simply tossed out. Ainge and his brain thrust said that many times.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Like when, in the last 4 years?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]....funny,      after 12th pick every team said "unbelievable we targeted such and such, never thought our 1st choice still available". then.....on december, either the guy in d-league, polishing the bench or simply tossed out. Ainge and his brain thrust said that many times.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]comrade, you nailed it. dallas got it right and are the most HONEST out there and this is y i NOW believe they will be competing for another ring again. i wasnt a believer even after they got their ring, but they will beat the lakes and spurs just due to the creaive aggression and ambitions of their FRONT OFFICE. they did something on draft day danny should have been doing all these years. rather than waste time with rooks and doing d-league nonsense when they are all about winning in the here and now, they traded BOTH picks to portland and got rudy fernandez.

the guy's only 24 and has PROVEN he can play in the league despite his clashes with nate mcmillan the past couple of years. being a euro and spaniard will make it easy to blend. i look to see him starting at the 2 next year as caron butler starts at the 3. the mavs will have a serious bench of marion, barea, terry, haywood/mahimi and bourbeois. thats the deepest, most talented 10 man rotation in the league. no babys in there. no rooks, no uncertainity. they only lose stevenson and old man peja. they may re-sign cardinal and stephenson as 11 th and 12 guys, if not 13-15th guys.

danny could have called portland or bobcats and given them both our guys and received a fernadez or stephen jackson as well. just smart creative thinking.
    y bother with the draft when the goal is to win NOW? no matter how advanced or how much playing time our 2 guys get, will never be better in the next 2 years than any comparable vet we could have traded them for. yep in the long run, bith could be all-stars. but as they say, in the long run, we are all dead and our championship dreams could die with them as well.

doc grows bored with rooks, he will with these 2 as well. odds of baby coming back is now high.no way will doc be cool with jj in that key backuo role, would want even troy murphy first. look at his track record, there is a deep reason he doesnt play them. a rook is a rook regardless if he stayed in college 7 years!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Ever since you came back you've been oozing with negativity. Too much radiation?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: WHO GOT DRAFTED BY THE RIGHT TEAM TO SHINE?

Ever since you came back you've been oozing with negativity. Too much radiation?

not even funny!  Fierce

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I would agree about getting a veteran but there is no way that the Celtics could absorb Stephen Jackson's salary. We would have to trade one of the big 4 to do that. I think he made a good pick and hope he can gain some weight and defend at the 5 along with Garnett and Oneal.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHICH PLAYERS GOT DRAFTED BY THE RIGHT TEAM? : comrade, you nailed it. dallas got it right and are the most HONEST out there and this is y i NOW believe they will be competing for another ring again. i wasnt a believer even after they got their ring, but they will beat the lakes and spurs just due to the creaive aggression and ambitions of their FRONT OFFICE. they did something on draft day danny should have been doing all these years. rather than waste time with rooks and doing d-league nonsense when they are all about winning in the here and now, they traded BOTH picks to portland and got rudy fernandez. the guy's only 24 and has PROVEN he can play in the league despite his clashes with nate mcmillan the past couple of years. being a euro and spaniard will make it easy to blend. i look to see him starting at the 2 next year as caron butler starts at the 3. the mavs will have a serious bench of marion, barea, terry, haywood/mahimi and bourbeois. thats the deepest, most talented 10 man rotation in the league. no babys in there. no rooks, no uncertainity. they only lose stevenson and old man peja. they may re-sign cardinal and stephenson as 11 th and 12 guys, if not 13-15th guys. danny could have called portland or bobcats and given them both our guys and received a fernadez or stephen jackson as well. just smart creative thinking. y bother with the draft when the goal is to win NOW? no matter how advanced or how much playing time our 2 guys get, will never be better in the next 2 years than any comparable vet we could have traded them for. yep in the long run, bith could be all-stars. but as they say, in the long run, we are all dead and our championship dreams could die with them as well. doc grows bored with rooks, he will with these 2 as well. odds of baby coming back is now high.no way will doc be cool with jj in that key backuo role, would want even troy murphy first. look at his track record, there is a deep reason he doesnt play them. a rook is a rook regardless if he stayed in college 7 years!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

So?  Which player was drafted by the right team - Marshon Brooks.  The Celtics needed a scorer coming off the bench and they filled that big need. Wait a minute.... they just traded him for a 2014 second round pick (protected).  Wonder who they project to take with that one?  There's probably a high school sophomore that's looking pretty good right now.  Woop-dee-do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

listening to a program re the draft and he was talking about what i have wondered for a while....for instance....JaJuan was a 1st team all american...i think that makes him in the top 5 playing this year and playing in a good league... The foreigners get picked high higher highest and with exception...they usually suck.
    and the experts here posting always pick a player that usually scores 20+ points a game in college..Cant or wont play defense or list a foreign name that he/she doesnt see play.... people...No one knows how or who is good or bad for 3 or 4 years.... and always remember....there were tons of celt fans that couldnt wait to get rid of J Johnson....c billups..etc or complain that they needed players like Marshon Brooks......

sure would be fun to have your crystal balls and see how thsi all ends....

Sections
Shortcuts