Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker?

Last night it was Bill if you ask me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker?

Does it matter, our bench hasnt shown up yet.  Are you a Celtics fan?  2-2 going back to Boston, heh? Where is the Knicks tsunami at?  LOL!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

In Response to Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker?:
    Last night it was Bill if you ask me.
    Posted by DaCeltics

Da, your question commands a pretty long response. Jeff Green has greater potential than Bill Walker, however Billy has become very confident and physical. If Jeff played with Billy's confidence and passion, then chalk up #18 for the Celtics. With that said, one has to wonder if Danny did not trade Eddie and Billy for Nate if; (1) the Celtics win #18 last year when Billy gives Paul the break time he needed to prevent the tired legs he had the last 6 minutes of Game #7 while at the same time Eddie would have hit a few threes which would have protected our 13 point lead while Ray rested for a few minutes, and; (2) with Billy on this year's team Danny doesn't need to pull the trigger for trading Perk for Jeff and Kris. Billy definitely could have backed up Paul while Perk, JO, and Shaq split the time in the middle. With that said, I believe last year's trade was far more destructive than this year's trading of Perk.

On the other hand, I hope Jeff reads the board, gets angry and passionate, and helps bring #18 to Boston. That would be the best going away present for Phil Jackson than anyone can ask for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker?:
    In Response to Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker? : Da, your question commands a pretty long response. Jeff Green has greater potential than Bill Walker, however Billy has become very confident and physical. If Jeff played with Billy's confidence and passion, then chalk up #18 for the Celtics. With that said, one has to wonder if Danny did not trade Eddie and Billy for Nate if; (1) the Celtics win #18 last year when Billy gives Paul the break time he needed to prevent the tired legs he had the last 6 minutes of Game #7 while at the same time Eddie would have hit a few threes which would have protected our 13 point lead while Ray rested for a few minutes, and; (2) with Billy on this year's team Danny doesn't need to pull the trigger for trading Perk for Jeff and Kris. Billy definitely could have backed up Paul while Perk, JO, and Shaq split the time in the middle. With that said, I believe last year's trade was far more destructive than this year's trading of Perk. On the other hand, I hope Jeff reads the board, gets angry and passionate, and helps bring #18 to Boston. That would be the best going away present for Phil Jackson than anyone can ask for.
    Posted by CeltsSox

I agree on all points, except, Doc never let Bill play for some reason. Like he is doing with Wafer.

I never thought Bill should have been included in that trade and I had some doubts about Nate's outside shooting consistency in replacement of House.

House, even in a slump, received Ray Allen like respect from the defense. Nate never did.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

In Response to Re: Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker? : I agree on all points, except, Doc never let Bill play for some reason. Like he is doing with Wafer. I never thought Bill should have been included in that trade and I had some doubts about Nate's outside shooting consistency in replacement of House. House, even in a slump, received Ray Allen like respect from the defense. Nate never did.
    Posted by DaCeltics

I completely agree. Doc has never had any patience for players who need to play in order to learn and grow their talent. Most players including need playing time to improve. That's probably what's going on with Jeff and Kris. They are playing "scared". Good thing Tito doesn't use the same strategy. If he did the Sox would be 0 and 19 this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Despite Walker's alleged confidence, he still looks like he's in a foreign land without benefit of the language.  Green, however, seems like it's he's just looking to find the right roads and is asking directions, to continue the metaphor. I love it when Walker has the ball in his hands in this series, because, so far, nothing come of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker? : Or I could ask you how you arrived at your "fanatical realist" 2-2 prediction after four games and how you thought Noo Yawk is going to blow the Cs apart last night. That would be a better question to ask.
    Posted by stevekubersky

I have no problem with being wrong, it does'nt diminish my self image.
    However, it was no prediction.

I just take all factors into consideration and do the math : Poor Celtic performances, Hype NY crowd, possibly corrupt officiating ( at least imperfect), Knicks players having more incentive than us to win= an overall edge to the Knicks.

We trumped it with intensity, and I am happy. You can never predict the intensity the entire team will play with, even in an elimination game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Does it matter, our bench hasnt shown up yet.  Are you a Celtics fan?  2-2 going back to Boston, heh? Where is the Knicks tsunami at?  LOL!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g

Agree that he doesn't act like a Celtics fan.  Always posting negative predictions and thoughts about the Celtics.   I am never sure about posters who claim to be Celtics fans, but always post negative thoughts.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Who has more playoff wins this year...Green or Walker?

Da, did your account get hacked,,,this is what you think of after a win?  Walker is gone...end of story...he looks good as a knick but wouldnt or couldnt cut it here...we play organized, smart basktball.  Walker is just a bum you bring in to try to disrupt someones rythm.  he did have one nice defensive play against Pierce,,,then..I dont know.    This is a team sport and our team is winning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

What's wrong with you, man?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Da Celtics has been off on some things but his comment about Walker is pretty hard to argue with.  Walker you have to think could have been kept on the Celtics without much trouble and so many thought the guy had talent. DA is impulsive and gave up a guy who is capable of doing what Jeff Green is doing for us right now.  You have to wonder if keeping Walker would have made DA address improving Celtics personnel in another way.

We can't do anything about it now but Jeff Green needs to play more and be given a chance to show how he is player who DA had to have. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Tsunami no but they blow. I like Walker but Green is a better player. I wasn't a big fan of trading Walker but that's why we're fans and DA is a GM, no way Walker contributes to this team like is with the knickers. As for who played better last night ? Green more pts,rebs,better all around d and less TOs. Scoreboard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Yeah, but I dont like Walker.  Green is a better future asset with more ability.  maybe doesnt have the galls or toughness of Walker, but who would you rather build a team around?  I dont question trades, because other factors were probably in play at that time that noone can remember or mention. 

Most of the compaints on Danny that I see would only be rectified if he was Cleo from the pyschic network.. The guys likes to do things to improve the team...he cant see the future....at the time Walker was not performing, plain and simple..and if the coach aint gonna play him, what good is it to keep him?

I honestly think  they were just pawns from the get go...him and giddens.  This teams needs vets..cuz immature guys cant get minutes here...and oh, I just remembered when Walker was looking for the referee after Sasha mushed him in the season finale....sooo, let me take that back...tough defender, but not that tough...just ugly...lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

walker is playing in a system where players are encouraged to shoot with no conscience

thus his confidence is at an all-time high

in contrast, our bench knows if they miss shots, they will be subbed out. they fear misses more than they desire makes

but green is by far the better player. if he was playing d'antoniball, he'd be scoring 20 a game

whereas if we still had walker, he'd be on the inactive list

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

None of us knows what goes on in the locker room.  Maybe Walker had a bad attitude, maybe he didn't "get" the defense.  This I do know - Jeff Green was a very high first round pick, with great upside.  Bill Walker was a second round pick with questionable work habits and knees.  Jeff Green and Rondo are the kind of players you  build a future team around........Bill Walker?  C'mon, guys....if he was good, Doc would have played him.  Don't tell me he doesn't play rookies:
    Rondo, Perk, Jefferson, Baby, Gomes, West, Banks....even Semih.  Think Doc would play Blake Griffin if he had him?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

Yeah, but I dont like Walker.  Green is a better future asset with more ability.  maybe doesnt have the galls or toughness of Walker, but who would you rather build a team around?  I dont question trades, because other factors were probably in play at that time that noone can remember or mention.  Most of the compaints on Danny that I see would only be rectified if he was Cleo from the pyschic network.. The guys likes to do things to improve the team...he cant see the future....at the time Walker was not performing, plain and simple..and if the coach aint gonna play him, what good is it to keep him? I honestly think  they were just pawns from the get go...him and giddens.  This teams needs vets..cuz immature guys cant get minutes here...and oh, I just remembered when Walker was looking for the referee after Sasha mushed him in the season finale....sooo, let me take that back...tough defender, but not that tough...just ugly...lol
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Jay, are you Noah in disguise. Just kidding. I really enjoy you posts. However, ugly and mean is just what the Celtics need. Did you see Amare attempt to walk Paul off the court last night. He probably thought he could  establish the "Kurt Thomas standing over Big Baby" intimidation factor. Kudos to Paul for just walking away. Unfortunately, it appears "ugly and mean" may just be needed to beat Miami. Shaq and JO will replace Perk's mean approach, however I applaud Billy for stepping up and becoming "ugly and mean". An "ugly and mean" Jeff Green will become unstoppable in the future.

Good post Da. I agree with Susan and company, you probably need to be a bit more positive in some posts, but this one, in my opinion, is a good post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Who has looked better. NY or Boston..Who produced the tsunami??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I think Danny needs to value his players more.

We got more from House than from Nate, we could have gotten more from Bill than we are currently getting from Green, We got more from TA than Daniels, We got more from Perk than from Kristic.

So how has he done his job by making trades and low-balling dudes?
    He has'nt.

Is there anybody out there now that would rather have selected Giddens over DeAndre Jordan?

We were all over this board about DeAndre Jordan before the draft! Nobody mentioned Giddens at all!

We were all over this board about Anthony Morrow and he signs Daniels and JO instead! A Kurt Thomas would have sufficed!

Now I am calling for a pitch at Nick Young, let's see what happens this summer.

Big Baby needs to go find his big payday with a team that needs him more than we do.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

He is a restricted free agent dikwad.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

Off to the vet 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Bill Walker is a knucklehead. Every game he makes at least one knucklehead play usually a stupid foul. I'm glad he's on the Knicks.
    Posted by Kirk6

Yes, wasn't he 0-11 in a game already.   Any one catch the immortal Tony Allen dribble the ball off his foot late in the SA game?  Right after a great take to the basket.......some things never change!

Perk was going to leave, just like Baby is going to leave.....they offered him a deal and he said NO - I will not say it is a "bad" trade ever, but I won't even mildy critique it until we lose a series where Perk would have made a difference!

Sections
Shortcuts