Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flashman. Show flashman's posts

Re: Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker?

Is it possible that playing with Ray,Paul and KG has Green a little Star struck? How many of you would shove one of them out of the way going for a rebound?He needs to have some time to get used to playing with this much tallent.Some of you guys talk like you would just walk on the floor and take over the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofobu. Show jofobu's posts

In Response to Re: Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker? : Da, your question commands a pretty long response. Jeff Green has greater potential than Bill Walker, however Billy has become very confident and physical. If Jeff played with Billy's confidence and passion, then chalk up #18 for the Celtics. With that said, one has to wonder if Danny did not trade Eddie and Billy for Nate if; (1) the Celtics win #18 last year when Billy gives Paul the break time he needed to prevent the tired legs he had the last 6 minutes of Game #7 while at the same time Eddie would have hit a few threes which would have protected our 13 point lead while Ray rested for a few minutes, and; (2) with Billy on this year's team Danny doesn't need to pull the trigger for trading Perk for Jeff and Kris. Billy definitely could have backed up Paul while Perk, JO, and Shaq split the time in the middle. With that said, I believe last year's trade was far more destructive than this year's trading of Perk. On the other hand, I hope Jeff reads the board, gets angry and passionate, and helps bring #18 to Boston. That would be the best going away present for Phil Jackson than anyone can ask for.
    Posted by CeltsSox[/QUOTE]

I think J.R.Giddens was part of that trade too. Now he isn't even in the league. DeAndre Jordan was available when Danny drafted Giddens. If the Cs had drafted Jordan and have not traded for Nate, then the whole future scenario looks brighter. The trade for Green probably would not have happened. Walker could back up PP. The possibility of losing Perk as a free agent is less of a problem with 3rd year Jordan in the fold. Delonte West backs up a the point instead of Nate. Krisitic has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff. I think Jordan would have been better for the Cs. That seems like a better rotation now and in the future for the Celtics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker? : I think J.R.Giddens was part of that trade too. Now he isn't even in the league. DeAndre Jordan was available when Danny drafted Giddens. If the Cs had drafted Jordan and have not traded for Nate, then the whole future scenario looks brighter. The trade for Green probably would not have happened. Walker could back up PP. The possibility of losing Perk as a free agent is less of a problem with 3rd year Jordan in the fold. Delonte West backs up a the point instead of Nate. Krisitic has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff. I think Jordan would have been better for the Cs. That seems like a better rotation now and in the future for the Celtics.
    Posted by jofobu[/QUOTE]

Are you a Celtics fan? How dare you not have the utmost blind faith in Danny Ainge!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

No bias intended. Truth is Green, by far. Not even close. My humble opinion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker? : I think J.R.Giddens was part of that trade too. Now he isn't even in the league. DeAndre Jordan was available when Danny drafted Giddens. If the Cs had drafted Jordan and have not traded for Nate, then the whole future scenario looks brighter. The trade for Green probably would not have happened. Walker could back up PP. The possibility of losing Perk as a free agent is less of a problem with 3rd year Jordan in the fold. Delonte West backs up a the point instead of Nate. Krisitic has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff. I think Jordan would have been better for the Cs. That seems like a better rotation now and in the future for the Celtics.
    Posted by jofobu[/QUOTE]

jofobu, you make good sense. I actually think the trade was a great trade. However, my concern is that Doc does not seem to be able to work out the chemistry issue. I love Perk, however I believe JO and Shaq with Baby and Kris can be far stronger in the long run. In addition, having Jeff around to back up Paul should have been an upgrade over either Marquis or Tony Allen. However, if the chemistry issue can't be overcome, then I do think the Celtics for this year would have been okay with Perk if Billy came around to back up Paul.

Winning Number 18 will put all that to bed, however I think your comments do make sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I am not certain that Jeff Green is better than Bill Walker going forward.
    Green has more offensive skill but not the mentality to use it.

There is no doubt when you watch Bill that he is playing hard and physical on both ends.

I take that mentality over a slightly more talented but less aggressive player everyday of the week.

Another reason we should have taken Powe over Murphy. I mean, what the hell?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We dont' need Powe or Murphy.  We only took him to prevent him from going to the Heat.......it's an old Red trick, and he did it with Pistol Pete!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]We dont' need Powe or Murphy.  We only took him to prevent him from going to the Heat.......it's an old Red trick, and he did it with Pistol Pete!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Powe has always pushed Big Baby to be on top of his game. Murphy is no threat at all, and look how Baby is playing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker? : Powe has always pushed Big Baby to be on top of his game. Murphy is no threat at all, and look how Baby is playing.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Powe would be getting the same number of mins as Murphy.....zero.  Now, there may come a time when we LOSE a game and I say, 'gee, I wish we had Leon on the boards', but we haven't lost a game yet.

And I have NEVER been  a  Baby guy, in case you haven't noticed! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I think Green will use his tools when he feels more comfortable. He has already proven those skills in a Celtic uniform. True, not in the playoffs yet. Walker hustles, but I don't think is nearly as skilled as Green. Take the chance on Green.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

green scks, our bench scks, ainge is out of control, every move he makes backfires, he lets posey and tony allen and they were the two most important bench players we have had in last few years, he plays musical bench , walker for nate, wafer for allen, nate and erden for murphy and pavlovich,  oh danny boy;
    everyone he drafts he trades, harangody, hudson, walker, the list goes on and on,
    danny ainge is out of control, but the main point is his bench never gets anywhere; it digresses. DA is a pyschopath

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]green scks, our bench scks, ainge is out of control, every move he makes backfires, he lets posey and tony allen and they were the two most important bench players we have had in last few years, he plays musical bench , walker for nate, wafer for allen, nate and erden for murphy and pavlovich,  oh danny boy; everyone he drafts he trades, harangody, hudson, walker, the list goes on and on, danny ainge is out of control, but the main point is his bench never gets anywhere; it digresses. DA is a pyschopath
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]
    Haha. After reading this post you would never know that the Celtics were 3-0 in the playoffs and still picked by some to be in the finals again! Oh well, I guess some people just cannot have a positive outlook.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]green scks, our bench scks, ainge is out of control, every move he makes backfires, he lets posey and tony allen and they were the two most important bench players we have had in last few years, he plays musical bench , walker for nate, wafer for allen, nate and erden for murphy and pavlovich,  oh danny boy; everyone he drafts he trades, harangody, hudson, walker, the list goes on and on, danny ainge is out of control, but the main point is his bench never gets anywhere; it digresses. DA is a pyschopath
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

I would'nt go that far. I just think he needs to put a higher priority on acquiring AGGRESSIVE HUSTLE PLAYERS that are excellent balanced players.

Excelling at one important thing is crucial when looking at the bench.

Pav, Murphy, Kristic, Green, Arroyo do not fit the bill.

Nate(dribble penetrator), House( 3-pointer ), Powe(rebounding, low post scoring), Perk ( low post defense and rebounding, intimidation) Posey ( clutch 3's, solid perimeter defense,hustle) were all aggressive hustle players that excelled at something important.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Big misconception on Green if you don't think he is hustling. He has that "lope" to his game that is deceiving. He blocked Walker's shot last night. He's a better defender and quicker than alot of people think. Looks much better than Walker.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Big misconception on Green if you don't think he is hustling. He has that "lope" to his game that is deceiving. He blocked Walker's shot last night. He's a better defender and quicker than alot of people think. Looks much better than Walker.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Green is hustling, but not aggressively if you can understand what I mean.

Green is not physical on offense or defense. Physicality is a part of winning no matter how big or skinny, tall or short you are.

Nate, and House regularly pushed guys out of the way or dove on the floor to save a possession or get a board.

House to me is more important as a role player because he really excels at stretching the defense and jump starting an offense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I always liked Walker because I thought he played with desire. When he was with the Celts he would get a dunk every time. He would take it to the hole no matter who was standing there. You need a guy like that. He made mistakes, though, which Doc apparently does not permit with subs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]I always liked Walker because I thought he played with desire. When he was with the Celts he would get a dunk every time. He would take it to the hole no matter who was standing there. You need a guy like that. He made mistakes, though, which Doc apparently does not permit with subs.
    Posted by JohnT.Alouette[/QUOTE]

Then Doc needs to chill a little and stop micro-managing players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Its all well and good to be physical, it does matter. Green , at one point had 9 points in about 10 minutes. I'll take his talent and try to push him into being more physical. His game has much more of an upside than Walker'. Much more diverse with the post moves and a better outside touch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Bill Walker 24.7 minutes per game, 6.0 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 28% FG, and 28.6% 3pt FG Jeff Green 16.7 minutes per game, 6.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 35% FG, and 20% 3pt FG Minutes per game tell the whole story. Or DaCeltics is referring to physical appearance when he's asking who has looked better. Better yet, who's face looks better, is that it?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    You forgot something: defensive presence. Green is soft. Walker plays everybody tough. I hated that trade for Robinson. Ainge got taken and it may have cost Boston a title last year as a result. I agree with the person who posted that if Walker were still on the team last year Pierce would have gotten much needed rest plus House would have brought some much needed offense when RAllen and PPierce were throwing bricks. People forget how Walker abused JON when he (Walker) was just a rookie. That's one dude who, like Perkins, Leon Powe, Tony Allen, and James Posey, fit the tough image that was the Boston Celtics.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Again, I think it's a misconception about Green being soft. What is soft about him? He did a good job on Anthony last night, had a nice block on Walker. He rebounds well. He also produces better and is much more diverse than Walker. There will always be different opinions, but in mine, Green is much better. No question.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]Again, I think it's a misconception about Green being soft. What is soft about him? He did a good job on Anthony last night, had a nice block on Walker. He rebounds well. He also produces better and is much more diverse than Walker. There will always be different opinions, but in mine, Green is much better. No question.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Walker is another Scal great Celtic killer not much against anyone else. Green can not be judged on such a small sample. He has shown flashed since he got here. Give him time everyone who has seen him play over his career knows what kind of player he is. I thought he was great againt Mello last night. His fouls do not bother me at all he is a bench player thats what we need for him to use up his fouls so Pierce does not have to. Part of the big picture.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who has looked better: Jeff Green or Bill Walker? : Walker is another Scal great Celtic killer not much against anyone else. Green can not be judged on such a small sample. He has shown flashed since he got here. Give him time everyone who has seen him play over his career knows what kind of player he is. I thought he was great againt Mello last night. His fouls do not bother me at all he is a bench player thats what we need for him to use up his fouls so Pierce does not have to. Part of the big picture.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]
    Yea...I just think Green's upside is so positive. He already has shown he can play with the big boys. I think sometimes he defers to the hall of famers. He will get over that and be a factor in the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Walker knows us better than green he was a practice player he knows everyones comfort zone and takes that away. He will never have the career Jeff Green will. Green will be the man her is 2 years. I loved him in Georgetown and was sad we had to trade him when we did but was a big Ray fan so I got over it quickly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

jeff green is the better player hands down, but regardless of who is better bill walker is a good player and has improved since leaving...good for him

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]jeff green is the better player hands down, but regardless of who is better bill walker is a good player and has improved since leaving...good for him
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]
    Bill has made marked improvements. Green is better. I concur.

Sections
Shortcuts