Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami?

Great article (link below) comparing Miami's big three to Boston's big three

http://www.nesn.com/2010/07/do-the-miami-heat-or-boston-celtics-have-better-big-three.html

I think the bigger question is who has the better team, including supporting cast, coaches, and organization. I still take the C's, even with Miami's recent additions. 

If the C's stay healthy, including KP returning to full strength by April, and the bench gels, including the development of Bradley and Harangody, the C's will be as tough as any team in the play-offs next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami?

Miami has the better "Big 3"

I would say the Celtics as of now, has the better team, since they've been together for a few seasons. I have to see how Miami gels the first couple of months first.

It could go either way. They can be the best team in the NBA, or they could be an above average team.

Time will tell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I agree with Wayne. The Heat guys have done nothing yet as a team. Even if they have a huge season, it could be dubbed a failure if they don't reach the finals and perhaps even win the title. Public expecation will be huge and the media will be heavily focued on this team more than any other for the up coming season. That sort of pressure may bring them undone.

Celtics are still the Beast in the East.

Bring on another Lakers/Celtics series!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Big three, Boston has the big five, the PENTAGON.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

We have a big 4 each with a ring last I checked that's more than the dufus from Toronto and his fake King.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

Boston's Big 3 are all past their prime; but it would have been amazing to see these teams battle it out if KG RA PP were given back 4-6 years of time. 

Stacked teams don't always win because it's still a team game (some of those DAL or PHO teams come to mind).  Outside of Chalmers, Miller, and Haslem, you are looking at a bunch of unwanted guys on the roster (and I'm being a little generous with Mario here).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

The Heat are going to dominate this year. As much as I will hate that team they are going to be ridiculous and you're just kidding yourself if you deny it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The Heat are going to dominate this year."

You mean like the Cavs dominated the regular season last year? Look how far it got them. 

The Heat are going to have a weakness in the middle (Center) and to some extent on the boards. Unfortunately it's not us (Celtics) but the Lakers and to some extent the Magic and Bulls that should be able to exploit that weakness.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

In Response to Re: Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami?:

Big three, Boston has the big five, the PENTAGON.......
    Posted by maryngary

Haha the pentagon, thats an awesome nickname. The Heat probably have the best "big three" but beyond that there a horrible team with no physical bigs besides Haslem (whose not really big at all) and unproven youngsters like Chalmers and Pittman. And to be honest with you I'm not all that impressed by Bosh, he's pretty good offensively but is soft defensively and doesn't have that high of a basketball IQ. How bout the Big 5 as a nickname, they can be sponsored by the sports store and everything lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "the C's Big 3 might have matched up well in 08." The C's were a few points away from winning the NBA championship less than 2-months ago.

In addition, I believe R. Allen is a better conditioned athlete than any of the Heat's big 3. K.G. will be at full speed by the start of camp and P.P. is a big time 4th quarter player. Note, I have not even mentioned R.R. or B.B.D.

I would think twice before underestimating the heart of a champion! As the saying goes "ball don't lie," we will find out who is KING on opening night. C's versus the Heat in Boston!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Miami definitely the better 3.  As of now Boston has the better 5, and a better bench.

Miami is going to be tough.  Orlando and Chicago are going to be tougher. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Until Miami's big 3 shows it can gel and have the chemistry to be dominating like the Celtics big 3 have shown, the Celtics big 3 is better.

It's easy to say individually, the young guns are better (as individuals) than the Celtics big 3.  However, their true value will be determined by the number of "W's" they get next season and how far they go in the playoffs.

Bottom line, if Miami does NOT win the NBA championship, they will be hugely criticized.  Like Cleveland last season winning 61 games, their season was a failure when it was all said and done.  If Miami does not win it all, it would be considered a failure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I wonder what will happen at press conferences. Will Lebron still talk about himself in the third person?

Other notes:

The only reason that Bosh is considered one of the best power forwards now, is because KG has been hurt. I think that the natural order of things will return this year.

Wade is an amazing talent and he can keep his ego under control.

Will the NBA now allow star calls for both Wade and Lebron, or will it decline?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Individually a strong argument could be made that Miami's big 3 is better than Boston's big 3. Collectively however, I do not think it is even close. KG, PP, and RA play together as a TEAM!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Individually a strong argument could be made that Miami's big 3 is better than Boston's big 3. Collectively however, I do not think it is even close. KG, PP, and RA play together as a TEAM!
    Posted by BCSP

Can't agree with you more. 

But I wonder if they would have had the same philosophy if they came together 10 years ago? Would they be more interested in personal achievements and stats or winning a team.

I will never understand people who go for their stats at the expense of team harmony and championships. KG, Ray and Paul really do show the other players in the league how to play as a team.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Nah, its the big five vs. the big three.

How bad are they going to feel in Miami?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

We'll find out when Miami actually PLAYS with that 3, et al - not until.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Other than the superfriends, the rest of the team are mid-level guys and below.

A healthy KG is more than a match, even at his age, for Bosh. Rondo will destroy any Miami point guard except Wade. 

Z is going to play Shaq? ...interesting.

While in their primes, the Celtic big three were more than a match for the superfriends, they still match up fairly well. Besides, it is the team that will win, not the big three.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The C's have the big 6 now. K.G, Ray, Paul, Rondo, Jermaine and Shaq. All 6 are all-stars and 4 future hall of famers.  Bring on the Heat.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

miami by far...good luck staying in front of wade and lebron

the 4 headed center tandom is enough to keep old o'neals away from the basket

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Miami by a bit...the C's have have effectively shut down both James and Bosh.

The issues for Miami is who will be the PG (the answer is not James or Wade).  More than that the Miami bigs are laughable, except for Bosh and he needs a banger.  This team is constituted to run wild over the lesser likes and fold like an accordian in the playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Miami's bubble is going to burst come playoffs. POP!!!!!

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dayum! Who did dat?!
    Orlando might do it for us. If not, we have what it takes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I wonder what will happen at press conferences. Will Lebron still talk about himself in the third person? Other notes: The only reason that Bosh is considered one of the best power forwards now, is because KG has been hurt. I think that the natural order of things will return this year. Wade is an amazing talent and he can keep his ego under control. Will the NBA now allow star calls for both Wade and Lebron, or will it decline?
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

I do believe that Miami's elite players will still be favored by the officials.  This isn't going to change and it will be interesting to see how many teams end up in foul trouble because of this.     It will be interesting to see how the Miami games are influenced by the officiating once the season starts.  

Sections
Shortcuts