Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Re: Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami?

And that snaquille O'Meal crack made me laugh.  I hope that's gonna be his nickname haha.  Driscoll92587

It is!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Having a bad day? 

Yes the guy who was supposed to lead Cleveland to victory, but instead got taken in 6 had a bad series.  The owner went a bit far in his rant, but James has been roundly criticized in other quarters for his efforts as well. LeBron James is supposed to be able to carry a team to victory.  But in game 5 he was awful, and in game 6 he could not carry it off.  Thanks largely to the efforts of PP.

As for stats (which really don't tell the story).  James averaged 50.1% for the season and 29.7 ppg.  In the playoff when a star is supposed to elevate his game he averaged a whopping 56.7% and 31.8ppg vs Chicago.  However vs Boston he averaged 44.7% (5.4% less than seasonal and 12% less than Chi) and 26.8ppg (2.9 ppg less than seasonal and 5 points less than Chi). 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami?:
    Jimmy Jack I think Orlando can also stop the Heat this yeat...and Chicago & Atl will give them a very good battle.  Next year when they add a PG and/ or true defensive C they will be much harder to contend with.  I definitely think the Heat will win titles, it's more how soon.
    Posted by croc

im not too worried about orlando or atlanta...i could see chicago giving us some problems...but no one is scared of a noah/boozer front court and they wouldnt provide enough scoring to get past the big 3

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Having a bad day?  Yes the guy who was supposed to lead Cleveland to victory, but instead got taken in 6 had a bad series.  The owner went a bit far in his rant, but James has been roundly criticized in other quarters for his efforts as well. LeBron James is supposed to be able to carry a team to victory.  But in game 5 he was awful, and in game 6 he could not carry it off.  Thanks largely to the efforts of PP. As for stats (which really don't tell the story).  James averaged 50.1% for the season and 29.7 ppg.  In the playoff when a star is supposed to elevate his game he averaged a whopping 56.7% and 31.8ppg vs Chicago.  However vs Boston he averaged 44.7% (5.4% less than seasonal and 12% less than Chi) and 26.8ppg (2.9 ppg less than seasonal and 5 points less than Chi). 
    Posted by croc

in fairness to james, chicago doesnt play nearly the defense that the celtics did...plus the rest of the cavs team was atrocious in that series...cant do it all, all the time

i think the conference finals are the heat-celtics, lakers-spurs(they make one more run at it) with the heat beating the lakers in 6

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami? : im not too worried about orlando or atlanta...i could see chicago giving us some problems...but no one is scared of a noah/boozer front court and they wouldnt provide enough scoring to get past the big 3
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE

I agree about Orlando.  They simply matchup very poorly with Miami, especially at the SG and SF positions.  Carter isn't a very good defender and will be smothered by Wade. LeBron will simply destroy any forward the Magic throw at them.  Howard will be a nonfactor on defense because Miami will have such a deadly midrange game.  Howard will get his points, but every other player will be shut down so even if he scores 30 it won't be enough.

You're dead on about chicago.  They simply don't have enough shooters, and the shooters they have (i.e. Korver) play horrible defense.  Noah and Boozer could get Miami into foul trouble, but that's a big question mark.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami? :
    In Response to Re: Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami? : im not too worried about orlando or atlanta...i could see chicago giving us some problems...but no one is scared of a noah/boozer front court and they wouldnt provide enough scoring to get past the big 3 Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE I agree about Orlando.  They simply matchup very poorly with Miami, especially at the SG and SF positions.  Carter isn't a very good defender and will be smothered by Wade. LeBron will simply destroy any forward the Magic throw at them.  Howard will be a nonfactor on defense because Miami will have such a deadly midrange game.  Howard will get his points, but every other player will be shut down so even if he scores 30 it won't be enough. You're dead on about chicago.  They simply don't have enough shooters, and the shooters they have (i.e. Korver) play horrible defense.  Noah and Boozer could get Miami into foul trouble, but that's a big question mark.
    Posted by Driscoll92587

exactly...i mean as excited as i am to have the big 3...i was very skeptical about the team they could afford to put around them...but when i look at the roster...wow...just wow...they are going to create sooooooo many match up problems for everyone

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

In Response to Re: Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami? : exactly...i mean as excited as i am to have the big 3...i was very skeptical about the team they could afford to put around them...but when i look at the roster...wow...just wow...they are going to create sooooooo many match up problems for everyone
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

To be honest, I was fully expecting Miami to have their Big 3 then absolutely nothing coming off of the bench.  But the team did a very good job bringing in some nice role players to come off the bench and hold ground in the event of foul trouble, rest, etc.  I was very surprised to see Miami resign Haslem, acquire Miller, and drag Big Z away from the team he's been with since his career began.  But most of all, I'm impressed that this team didn't acquire any role players that may create a bad locker room presence.  Everyone who's signed with Miami will know their role on the team and that will make for good chemistry.  Just like in Boston, Miami has a solid heirarchy that will mesh well together.  I completely expected Miami to sign a PG or Center that would cause problems by feeling as if they should come in and be a starter with LBJ, Wade, and Bosh.  An example may be Penny Hardaway or Iverson.  They both expressed interest in playing in Miami, but the team resisted, which ultimately gives the team a leg up since they know who will start and who will come off the bench before the season starts).  Miami is a complete team and have the potential to be one of the best teams ever assembled.  But they have to get through the likes of our Celtics and LA first.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami? : To be honest, I was fully expecting Miami to have their Big 3 then absolutely nothing coming off of the bench.  But the team did a very good job bringing in some nice role players to come off the bench and hold ground in the event of foul trouble, rest, etc.  I was very surprised to see Miami resign Haslem, acquire Miller, and drag Big Z away from the team he's been with since his career began.  But most of all, I'm impressed that this team didn't acquire any role players that may create a bad locker room presence.  Everyone who's signed with Miami will know their role on the team and that will make for good chemistry.  Just like in Boston, Miami has a solid heirarchy that will mesh well together.  I completely expected Miami to sign a PG or Center that would cause problems by feeling as if they should come in and be a starter with LBJ, Wade, and Bosh.  An example may be Penny Hardaway or Iverson.  They both expressed interest in playing in Miami, but the team resisted, which ultimately gives the team a leg up since they know who will start and who will come off the bench before the season starts).  Miami is a complete team and have the potential to be one of the best teams ever assembled.  But they have to get through the likes of our Celtics and LA first.
    Posted by Driscoll92587

agreed...well said...but haslem coming back was no surprise...at least to me...he was born in the same hospital as i was and has always been a miamian at heart

im willing to bet that the additions to this team made his decision a no-brainer despite other teams offering him wayyyyyyyy more money

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

.....  But most of all, I'm impressed that this team didn't acquire any role players that may create a bad locker room presence. 
    Posted by Driscoll92587

yes, they'll leave that to lebron "quit when the going gets tough" and bosh "i played with their minds"

these candy azzers will mess up the culture of the team.  two guys who have never won anything but think they are all world. 

the individual physical talent is there- don't get me wrong.  but the soul and spirit of two out of their big 3 is shallow at best and at worst just a moat of nasty goop

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

A. no one can prove lebron quit...gilbert is just mad he left and would have taken him back in a second
    B. bosh played with people because he tired of answering the same question for 3 years..."where ya headed next?"
    C. you dont think players like wade, haslem, big z and having riley in management can keep these guys' heads where it matters? because i do...after all...we won a ring with shaq...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

A. no one can prove lebron quit...gilbert is just mad he left and would have taken him back in a second B. bosh played with people because he tired of answering the same question for 3 years..."where ya headed next?" C. you dont think players like wade, haslem, big z and having riley in management can keep these guys' heads where it matters? because i do...after all...we won a ring with shaq...
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Well while no one can prove that he quit, it sure did seem like LBJ was distracted throughout the series.  I've heard so many stories from his mom and Delonte knockin boots to LBJ being drunk in game 5, and I feel they're all simply too outlandish to believe.  Anyways,I think that Gilbert is trying to make excuses.  LeBron held more than his own during the playoffs, the only difference was that his supporting cast s**t the bed when they played against the C's D.  So if he did give up, I think it was a result of frustration with his teammates' lack of execution.

What do you mean with point B?  Bosh left because the Raptors are garbage and he wanted to cash in. 

Honestly I don't think that any of the bench guys will have enough pull on this team to motivate anyone to do anything.  The only two people that must keep your team hungry all season long are Riley and Wade.  Riley is the administrative leader. Wade is the Captain of your Heat. 

I really don't think that Shaq has a major attitude or ego to tell you the truth.  He's had problems with the headcases in the NBA (LBJ and Kobe) but has never clashed with any other superstars (Nash, Wade).  Yes he loves the spotlight, but I don't tihnk he hurts the locker room temperment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami? : Well while no one can prove that he quit, it sure did seem like LBJ was distracted throughout the series.  I've heard so many stories from his mom and Delonte knockin boots to LBJ being drunk in game 5, and I feel they're all simply too outlandish to believe.  Anyways,I think that Gilbert is trying to make excuses.  LeBron held more than his own during the playoffs, the only difference was that his supporting cast s**t the bed when they played against the C's D.  So if he did give up, I think it was a result of frustration with his teammates' lack of execution. What do you mean with point B?  Bosh left because the Raptors are garbage and he wanted to cash in.  Honestly I don't think that any of the bench guys will have enough pull on this team to motivate anyone to do anything.  The only two people that must keep your team hungry all season long are Riley and Wade.  Riley is the administrative leader. Wade is the Captain of your Heat.  I really don't think that Shaq has a major attitude or ego to tell you the truth.  He's had problems with the headcases in the NBA (LBJ and Kobe) but has never clashed with any other superstars (Nash, Wade).  Yes he loves the spotlight, but I don't tihnk he hurts the locker room temperment.
    Posted by Driscoll92587

agreed about lebron there...i think the lack of the other player's execution made him feel like he was playing 1 v. 5

my point about bosh was that he tired of being asked where he was going which is why he "toyed with people"

i agree about riley and wade but dont underestimate the impact of haslem...he is a vocal and on court leader who most definitely has lebron's respect

as for shaq...he burned alot of bridges in miami on his way out...and it isnt the first time he has left a franchise like that...attention wh.ore? absolutely...but he can also be a big-time diva too

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Lets cut to the chase!

Lakers v Heat 2011 Finals. Lets do this!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Yeah, let's not even play the games.  Last year lakers fans said the same thing, only it was LA/CLE - how'd that work out for you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

C. you dont think players like wade, haslem, big z and having riley in management can keep these guys' heads where it matters? because i do...after all...we won a ring with shaq...
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

riles has done a great job so far!  lebron out there cutting promo's about how gilbert was a bad daddy to him.  and bosh with the "i played with their minds" bit.  these two chumps are more focused than ever...... on themselves.

two jabroni's who have never won squat plus d-wade.  it's no guaranteed recipe for success.  both bosh and bronnie quit on their teams last year.  it doesn't matter why.  these highly paid sub-mentals figured out a reason in their heads and did it. 

and they'll do it again.

i'm not saying miami won't win this this set up.  but it would be a miracle if they do it the first year.  not even a sure shot for year 2.  you have to figure out how to tickle 3 ego's, at least 2 of which have megalomaniacal tendencies.  have fun!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Who Has the Better Big Three, Boston or Miami? : riles has done a great job so far!  lebron out there cutting promo's about how gilbert was a bad daddy to him.  and bosh with the "i played with their minds" bit.  these two chumps are more focused than ever...... on themselves. two jabroni's who have never won squat plus d-wade.  it's no guaranteed recipe for success.  both bosh and bronnie quit on their teams last year.  it doesn't matter why.  these highly paid sub-mentals figured out a reason in their heads and did it.  and they'll do it again. i'm not saying miami won't win this this set up.  but it would be a miracle if they do it the first year.  not even a sure shot for year 2.  you have to figure out how to tickle 3 ego's, at least 2 of which have megalomaniacal tendencies.  have fun!
    Posted by aciemvp

and with the whole world of haters such as yourself...you dont think that all that hate aimed at those 3 men wont serve as huge motivating factors?

remember...lebron and bosh are no longer playing with themselves and have a future HOF who can beat any one off the dribble...yeah...have fun stopping them

Sections
Shortcuts