Who hasn't been cut or waived yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Who hasn't been cut or waived yet?

I got the word on Gaffney and Lafayette being waived and 2 other guys being cut yesterday, one named Johnson and some other guy. Does anyone know who's left beside Wafer and Lasme.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Who hasn't been cut or waived yet?

In Response to Who hasn't been cut or waived yet?:
       I got the word on Gaffney and Lafayette being waived and 2 other guys being cut yesterday, one named Johnson and some other guy. Does anyone know who's left beside Wafer and Lasme.
    Posted by mem17
    The other guy who was cut yesterday was the PG Smith from Southern Indiana U. the other guys who might be on the fringe include Wafer,Lasme,Mario West,Harangody and Erdan. Though I think it's fair to say that both Erdan and Harangody are probably sitting at the end of the bench come the opening of the season, so it's really down to Wafer,Lasme and M. West as to who gets the fianl spot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Von Wafer has the edge right now. With Delonte missing the first 10 games of the season the Celtics will be needing Wafer's outside shooting when Ray sits down. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Who hasn't been cut or waived yet?:
    Von Wafer has the edge right now. With Delonte missing the first 10 games of the season the Celtics will be needing Wafer's outside shooting when Ray sits down. 
    Posted by P34

Wafer has 10 games to make an impression.  But when West gets back I think Von is relegated to spot duty. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Who hasn't been cut or waived yet? : Wafer has 10 games to make an impression.  But when West gets back I think Von is relegated to spot duty. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

Wafer might not stick because the Celtics will eventually need a SF that can cover Lebron and Kobe. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Who hasn't been cut or waived yet? : Wafer might not stick because the Celtics will eventually need a SF that can cover Lebron and Kobe. 
    Posted by P34

I really enjoy your posts, but don't get your logic on this one.  I know that teams sometimes "fudge" heights and weights on paper.  I further know Wafer isn't a known "stopper" on defense.  BUT - according to the roster info, Daniels is 6'6"   200 lbs, while Wafer is listed at 6'5"  209 lbs.  So, while being an inch shorter, Wafer is actually "bigger" than Daniels........................don't you think an inch is not enough to say he CAN'T cover MeBron or koME?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think the Lasme thing is interesting.  He has some length and he is versatile.  I don't know enough about his recent play and whether he can guard the 3 and 4 at the NBA level since we really only saw him in limited minutes when he was with the Heat.  Not sure if he is a good individual defender or is more of a help defender. From what I remember, he isn't really a great scorer and is only an OK rebounder, but scoring won't be his role here. 

Having a guy with some good international experience may not be the worst thing in the world.  If all else fails, he's a defensive guy off the bench.  He seems to be more of a fit now that Delonte West seems to make Wafer an afterthought as guys that can defend the 1-3 positions.       

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think the Lasme thing is interesting.  He has some length and he is versatile.  I don't know enough about his recent play and whether he can guard the 3 and 4 at the NBA level since we really only saw him in limited minutes when he was with the Heat.  Not sure if he is a good individual defender or is more of a help defender. From what I remember, he isn't really a great scorer and is only an OK rebounder, but scoring won't be his role here.  Having a guy with some good international experience may not be the worst thing in the world.  If all else fails, he's a defensive guy off the bench.  He seems to be more of a fit now that Delonte West seems to make Wafer an afterthought as guys that can defend the 1-3 positions.       
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn
    I haven't read much on the Former Minuteman Lasme as far as how well he's playing during camp,but I did read where Doc loves him some Mario West based upon Mario's willingness to hustle in either case Lasme or M.West it's about Defense and not offense! Wafer can defend a little and is definately more offensive minded that either of the aforementioned. It should be interesting to see where things land.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Who hasn't been cut or waived yet? : I really enjoy your posts, but don't get your logic on this one.  I know that teams sometimes "fudge" heights and weights on paper.  I further know Wafer isn't a known "stopper" on defense.  BUT - according to the roster info, Daniels is 6'6"   200 lbs, while Wafer is listed at 6'5"  209 lbs.  So, while being an inch shorter, Wafer is actually "bigger" than Daniels........................don't you think an inch is not enough to say he CAN'T cover MeBron or koME?
    Posted by BirdandCowens

It has nothing to do with weight and height. Wafer is just not a good defensive player. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Von Wafer has been invisible as far a press coverage this camp.  I wonder with the addition of West they decided he won't be in the plans for the Celtics.  I never thought it was much of signing and would be pleased if he proved me wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I think it's really great all the UMASS alums are rooting for Lasme.  As a Holy Cross grad, I feel your pain.  My good friend, Ronnie Perry, was drafted by the Celtics, and did very well in the pre-season.  I hoped beyond hope he would make it......alas, he didn't.
    Lasme is 25 years old, and does not have a guaranteed contract.  He is the longest of long shots to make the team.  I think we need to be realistic here.  I recall Coach K saying he loved Rondo during Team USA tryouts.  As we know, that didn't work out.  A coach can love a guy's work ethic, but due to guaranteed contracts, or injuries (see Leon Powe), they cannot fit with the team that year.
    If you click on the roster on the Celtics home page, you'll see 15 names.  I think that is very telling..............there are 15 roster spots.  No mention of Gaffney, M. West, or Lasme.  Again, I think they are the longest of long shots!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think it's really great all the UMASS alums are rooting for Lasme.  As a Holy Cross grad, I feel your pain.  My good friend, Ronnie Perry, was drafted by the Celtics, and did very well in the pre-season.  I hoped beyond hope he would make it......alas, he didn't. Lasme is 25 years old, and does not have a guaranteed contract.  He is the longest of long shots to make the team.  I think we need to be realistic here.  I recall Coach K saying he loved Rondo during Team USA tryouts.  As we know, that didn't work out.  A coach can love a guy's work ethic, but due to guaranteed contracts, or injuries (see Leon Powe), they cannot fit with the team that year. If you click on the roster on the Celtics home page, you'll see 15 names.  I think that is very telling..............there are 15 roster spots.  No mention of Gaffney, M. West, or Lasme.  Again, I think they are the longest of long shots!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Lasme is a long shot indeed, but it's fun to speculate what the C's are looking for with their last roster spot(s) and whether he fits the bill.  They seem to need a guy who can guard the 3-4 positions and lasme can defend.  As a BU guy, I rember seeing Raja Bell back in my college days and I wasn't surprised that he became a serviceable player despite having a hard road to travel. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Who hasn't been cut or waived yet? : Like Fierce knows ... you follow him in Houston or the few games he played in Europe to know that for sure ... way should anyone believe such a BSer like you. That's not a prediction or speculative statement ... that's a declaration and you have no credibility to make a statement like that ... man up!
    Posted by Mployee8

I watched Wafer play back in 2009 when he was with Houston. I have NBATV you know. 

Did you know that back in 2009 Wafer hit a 3-pointer to beat the Celtics at the Garden? It was only a regular season game but that was the first time I noticed Von Wafer. 

You think Von Wafer is a good defensive player?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Who hasn't been cut or waived yet? : Like Fierce knows ... you follow him in Houston or the few games he played in Europe to know that for sure ... way should anyone believe such a BSer like you. That's not a prediction or speculative statement ... that's a declaration and you have no credibility to make a statement like that ... man up!
    Posted by Mployee8

B&C was asking me question, I don't think he was asking you about Von Wafer. Better yet, nobody was asking for your opinion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

Posted by Mployee8

I don't think what P34 said is incorrect. Von Wafer has been known as a shooter and not a defensive player. Just because you don't like the guy it doesn't mean that everything he says is not true. 

Sections
Shortcuts