Who is More Likely to Get Traded, Pierce or Rondo?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Who is More Likely to Get Traded, Pierce or Rondo?

In Response to Who is More Likely to Get Traded, Pierce or Rondo?:
    [QUOTE]We'll know in 2 weeks or less.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

more likely is obviously rondo....neither should be traded

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Who is More Likely to Get Traded, Pierce or Rondo?:
    [QUOTE]We'll know in 2 weeks or less.

I will be very upset if Pierce is traded.  I still hope that he retires with the Celtics. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Who is More Likely to Get Traded, Pierce or Rondo?:
    [QUOTE]Mr. Brick Shot, bring me a dream Make him the cutest that I've ever seen Give him two lips like roses and clover Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over Brick Shot, I'm so alone Don't have nobody to call my own Please turn on your magic beam Mr. Brick Shot, bring me a dream

oh boy....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Show PP with the Wheelchair and the Bandaged Head Bit.  Then throw in the picture of him tossing his jersey when he got thrown out of a play-off game.

Maybe they can get someone to take the $32 million for a guy who won't even show up in shape for the season.  Then tehy blamed it on a bad heel, instead of too many big meals.  OOPS!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is More Likely to Get Traded, Pierce or Rondo? : You know that song?

stop it lol....i get you want the guy traded, but chill out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

It's embarrassing to the organization that they are even considering trading pierce. After dannys royal blunder last year he shouldn't be allowed to make any kind of trade at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Mr. Brick Shot, bring me a dream Make him the cutest that I've ever seen Give him two lips like roses and clover Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over Brick Shot, I'm so alone Don't have nobody to call my own Please turn on your magic beam Mr. Brick Shot, bring me a dream

So now you are saying Rondo is dreamy?HaHa

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]It's embarrassing to the organization that they are even considering trading pierce. After dannys royal blunder last year he shouldn't be allowed to make any kind of trade at all.
    Posted by p-dogg81[/QUOTE]

A lot better players than Pierce have been traded.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

In response to "Re: Who is More Likely to Get Traded, Pierce or Rondo?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is More Likely to Get Traded, Pierce or Rondo? : A lot better players than Pierce have been traded..... Posted by CASox[/QUOTE] Now I realize that the only thing Danny cares about is his reputation of being unpredictable at the trade deadline but I hope he can show some form of human compassion seeing as how pierce took the home team discount to stay and retire in Boston. For someone who went through all of the crappy teams danny put together in the 90s it's the least he could do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

the thing that'd be best for boston and probably for PP would be a trade. it'd be hard, but he might have a shot at a title with a team like the clips. he's got no shot here. if we can get value for him, it's a win/win. bittersweet, but a win/win nonetheless.

if it's true that teams are interested in PP and RA, you gotta do what you gotta do. you keep RR and hope green returns, and you have a ton of cap space. then you can basically tell howard to pick who he wants to be his teammate and go get him.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Who is More Likely to Get Traded, Pierce or Rondo?": Now I realize that the only thing Danny cares about is his reputation of being unpredictable at the trade deadline but I hope he can show some form of human compassion seeing as how pierce took the home team discount to stay and retire in Boston. For someone who went through all of the crappy teams danny put together in the 90s it's the least he could do.
    Posted by p-dogg81[/QUOTE]

Ha...15 million a year is a home town discount? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]the thing that'd be best for boston and probably for PP would be a trade. it'd be hard, but he might have a shot at a title with a team like the clips. he's got no shot here. if we can get value for him, it's a win/win. bittersweet, but a win/win nonetheless. if it's true that teams are interested in PP and RA, you gotta do what you gotta do. you keep RR and hope green returns, and you have a ton of cap space. then you can basically tell howard to pick who he wants to be his teammate and go get him.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

agree, if they can get something for Pierce, that's the move.  And if they could some how get Josh Smith, they might be able to get Howard from there.  it's a bit of a fantasy but that's what I'd like to see, Rondo, Smith, Howard, Greene,...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is More Likely to Get Traded, Pierce or Rondo? : You know that song?

My question is, how do you know that song?  1954 was a long time ago, Slippery Sam wouldn't even remember that one!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Regarding the talks about trading PP. Firstly, as one who is the 2nd highest scorer in C history and one who suffered through some lean years before he became one of the Big 3, I feel he should retire a Celtic. However, I would ask him if he'd like to play his remaining 2-3 years in his home town and I mean a trade only to the Clippers..WOW...what an addition to Paul & Griffin.  Not only that, he'd compete against the hated Lakers alot more frequently and the trade might really put them over the hump to be truly better than LA.  And wouldn't us Celtic fans love it that the Lakers wouldn't be Numero Uno in Tinsle town.  I live in SF and go to GS games and listen to "Beat La, Beat La" as they hate them as much as Boston fans. In sports bars when Celtics play Lakers, I would guess that 75% at least of GS fans root for Boston.  Now would they give us Mo. Williams in a straight up ? That way we have Rondo, perhaps, to get a Biggie or wait for the draft.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce's contract is not guaranteed in 2013-14. That means Pierce only has 1 year left on his contract.  Some of you guys are too dumb to figure out that Pierce actually gave the Celts a hometown discount. In 2010 Pierce had to option of opting out or opting in for the last year of his contract which would have paid him 21m in 2010-11. Instead Pierce opted out and signed a 4-year 61m deal. Why was it a hometown discount? The Celts were and are still a luxury tax team. That meant the Celts would have had to pay Pierce 21m and a tax of 21m, for a total of 42m, in 2011.  If Pierce decided to opt in then that's 21m and an extension of 3 years for an average of 15m per year and more or less a total of 45m. I mean Pierce was going to get new contract regardless if he opted in. So 21m + 45m = 66m. Seriously fools, 5m is a lot of money.

Blah Blah freakin Blah... 15 mil is way too much for the way he is playing now and it aint getting better next year... you get paid that kind of $$ and you show up fat and out of shape???

Sections
Shortcuts