Who is the C's next C?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Who is the C's next C?

• A) Asik
    • B) Monroe
    • C) Embiid
    • D) Cauley-Stein
    • E) None of the above

This isn't a Vote, it's what is your Prediction.  I predict Asik.  I think Houston will become more reasonable to DA's low-ball offers as we get closer to the trade deadline.

I'd vote for Monroe.  I think Greg's the most well-rounded and has proven himself on both sides of the ball.  However, I think Detroit is beginning to value him more, and has begun discussing trading Josh Smith instead.

As Embiid's stock continues to climb, I think DA realizes his chances of drafting him are getting slimmer.  Making DA more open to pursue a free agent.  Is Embiid's stock really climbing though?  Or are Parker and Wiggins just disappointing?

If the C's strike out with the ping pong balls, and wind up drafting from the 7th, 8th, or 9th spot?  Do you think they'll reach for Cauley-Stein? (assuming they didn't trade for Asik)  Or do you think they'll play it safe and draft someone like Hood, Randle, or reach for Saric? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Re: Who is the C's next C?

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

• A) Asik
    • B) Monroe
    • C) Embiid
    • D) Cauley-Stein
    • E) None of the above

This isn't a Vote, it's what is your Prediction.  I predict Asik.  I think Houston will become more reasonable to DA's low-ball offers as we get closer to the trade deadline.

I'd vote for Monroe.  I think Greg's the most well-rounded and has proven himself on both sides of the ball.  However, I think Detroit is beginning to value him more, and has begun discussing trading Josh Smith instead.

As Embiid's stock continues to climb, I think DA realizes his chances of drafting him are getting slimmer.  Making DA more open to pursue a free agent.  Is Embiid's stock really climbing though?  Or are Parker and Wiggins just disappointing?

If the C's strike out with the ping pong balls, and wind up drafting from the 7th, 8th, or 9th spot?  Do you think they'll reach for Cauley-Stein? (assuming they didn't trade for Asik)  Or do you think they'll play it safe and draft someone like Hood, Randle, or reach for Saric? 

[/QUOTE]

"Or do you think they'll play it safe and draft someone like Hood, *Randle*, or reach for Saric?"  **Meant to type YOUNG here, not Randle.  Obviously Randle will be long gone by the 7th pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

• A) Asik
    • B) Monroe
    • C) Embiid
    • D) Cauley-Stein
    • E) None of the above

[/QUOTE]

Bass for Asik still makes sense to me.

I think they would go for Hood if they were 5-10,  WCS may still be there late 1st round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I think it'll be Joel Anthony. ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Yeah I still hope they can wiggle him away from Houston w/out over-paying. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pine8ball. Show pine8ball's posts

Either way it is not going to make a bit of difference. Asik shoots free throws as bad as Howard!!! Yes we need a big man but Asik is not the answer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Whether or not they get Embiid or Cauley Stein in the draft, neither would likely start next year.  They both need development.  I don't think they would pick Cauley-Stein unless he was on the board and the Celtics were picking at 15 or so.  But I can't imagine Danny passing on Embiid even with the first pick.  IMO. 

Utah is not playing Favor and Kantor together which makes me believe that one of them would be available for the right deal.  Doesn't make sense to keep them both when they can get quality assets for either.  Burkes (PG), Burke (SG), Hayward (SG/SF) and Favors (C) comprise a strong foundation for the future.  I think Utah will do all it can to retain Hayward so maybe a three way trade to get a quality PF to Utah (not Bass) and Kantor to the Celtics...

or maybe they let Hayward walk and trade Kantor for Green + a pick (and/or other fillers). and the Celtics make a move on Hayward in FA.  Then the Celtics get lucky with Smart in the draft.

Rondo (or new PG) - Smart - Hayward - Sullinger - Kantor   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whether or not they get Embiid or Cauley Stein in the draft, neither would likely start next year.  They both need development.  I don't think they would pick Cauley-Stein unless he was on the board and the Celtics were picking at 15 or so.  But I can't imagine Danny passing on Embiid even with the first pick.  IMO. 

Utah is not playing Favor and Kantor together which makes me believe that one of them would be available for the right deal.  Doesn't make sense to keep them both when they can get quality assets for either.  Burkes (PG), Burke (SG), Hayward (SG/SF) and Favors (C) comprise a strong foundation for the future.  I think Utah will do all it can to retain Hayward so maybe a three way trade to get a quality PF to Utah (not Bass) and Kantor to the Celtics...

or maybe they let Hayward walk and trade Kantor for Green + a pick (and/or other fillers). and the Celtics make a move on Hayward in FA.  Then the Celtics get lucky with Smart in the draft.

[/QUOTE]

Kevin Love with Sully at PF. Pretty sure they will be able to rebound against anybody. Maybe Aldrich from Portland? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

• E) None of the above

A combination of Fav, Oly and another young big pick from the draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

• E) None of the above

A combination of Fav, Oly and another young big pick from the draft.

[/QUOTE]

Ok so you think, if the trade deadline comes and goes, and we still have our current roster- that showcasing Bass will come to an end, and that we'll see more minutes from Fav and Oly?  Wouldn't that be nice.  I'm so sick and tired of seeing Brandon Bass in the starting lineup.  I'd love to see Fav start a few games, and watch Oly come off the bench and log more minutes.  Fav + Oly isn't quite a contender, but it sure would be more enjoyable to watch then what's currently on: a season-long Brandon Bass commercial.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Embiid.

That is who Danny is shooting for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Fav is a 3rd string player.

Right now, it's Anthony.

About Embiid - I will  say this again - he'd be okay with me......BUT I don't want a "project" with a pick that high.

I'd rather trade for Asik.....have Asik, Anthony and Fav, and draft a STUD player like Parker who could score right away!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Ok so you think, if the trade deadline comes and goes, and we still have our current roster- that showcasing Bass will come to an end, and that we'll see more minutes from Fav and Oly?  Wouldn't that be nice.  I'm so sick and tired of seeing Brandon Bass in the starting lineup.  I'd love to see Fav start a few games, and watch Oly come off the bench and log more minutes.  Fav + Oly isn't quite a contender, but it sure would be more enjoyable to watch then what's currently on: a season-long Brandon Bass commercial.

[/QUOTE]

Trade Bass now, trade him to start next season, he won't be a Celtic for too long, I think he'll be gone before February 20th of this year.  Fav and Oly are being played minuscule minutes because the team wants them on their final roster.  

We should see a lot of what we've seen so far, the trade bait playing max minutes.  Bass amongst them, I know it's not always easy on the eyes but if we get to shuttle their contracts it will have all been worth it.  Some contending team must need a power forward right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of Kanter myself in an epic trade that also nets us Haywood & Marvin Williams(for Green, Bass & Avery). Utah appears to favor Favors as their center and would get some value back for losing Haywood(Avery).

Utah benefits in the near term by losing ground this year(they've played .500% since rookie PG Burke returned from injury) and getting the better pick.

Boston benefits by solidifying 2 starting spots but remain are in the lottery for a future SG/SF(whichever role Haywood doesn't fill)

C's starting unit:

PG-RR

SG-Haywood

SF-M. Williams

PF-Sully

C-Kanter

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I'm just going to say it...Colton Iverson. I say he comes back next year, improved and ready to go!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Forgot about that guy

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

its gon be joel.... JOEL ANTHONY!!!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

• A) Asik
    • B) Monroe
    • C) Embiid
    • D) Cauley-Stein
    • E) None of the above

[/QUOTE]

"Or do you think they'll play it safe and draft someone like Hood, *Randle*, or reach for Saric?"  **Meant to type YOUNG here, not Randle.  Obviously Randle will be long gone by the 7th pick.

[/QUOTE]

We already "reached" for one Center in the draft, doubt Danny does it again...unless his name is Embid

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fav is a 3rd string player.

Right now, it's Anthony.

About Embiid - I will  say this again - he'd be okay with me......BUT I don't want a "project" with a pick that high.

I'd rather trade for Asik.....have Asik, Anthony and Fav, and draft a STUD player like Parker who could score right away!

[/QUOTE]

Parker would be the dream...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

• A) Asik
    • B) Monroe
    • C) Embiid
    • D) Cauley-Stein
    • E) None of the above

[/QUOTE]

Then I'd have to agree with you and say Asik. Though whether Houston will surcome to DA's offer is tough to gauge. My hope is for Embiid, but, like you, I think he'll be out of reach.

If we don't get Asik by the deadline, and Embiid is out of reach, then I don't think Danny will worry about a center in the 1st round.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

joel anthony is our bill russell version 2

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]NBA trade rumors: Balloon payment cooling market for Omer Asik

By Tyler Lashbrook @lashy on Jan 14 2014, 3:55p +

Scott Halleran

The trade market for Houston's big man is cooling off thanks to his complicated contract.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/1/14/5308844/omer-asik-houston-rockets-trade-rumors

meanwhile .....

Source: Sixers Attempting To Package Spencer Hawes And Evan Turner In Trade

By Jake Pavorsky @JakePavorsky on Jan 16 2014, 9:01a 106

Howard Smith-USA TODAY Sports  

Two of the three main trade chips of the Sixers, Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes, could be traded together in a package deal.

[/QUOTE]

i guess there will be a 3rd team. how about this... hawes to bos, bass and 2 2nd rds to hou