Who is this homeless looking guy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Who is this homeless looking guy

that was moving in to steal Dwight's watch?
    I hope security removed him from the arena.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

Re: Who is this homeless looking guy

And where did he get all those rings. Robbed at least 8 of them from my beloved lakers. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

And where did he get all those rings? He must have robbed at least 7 of them from the Lakers. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Who is this homeless looking guy:
    [QUOTE]Did the old guy ever play with a 3pt line?
    Posted by The Big4[/QUOTE]

No free agency either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

[QUOTE]I think that old guy played for the Celtics, but always despised his time there. I believe he called the city of Boston a cesspool of racism or something to that degree. just sayin'
    Posted by GoGREEN![/QUOTE]

Yet seven times he took his anger out on my poor lakers. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

I know this guy got destroyed by Wilt, but hey, who didn't?
    Wilt wasn't just some 15 ppg scorer...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

[QUOTE]I know this guy got destroyed by Wilt, but hey, who didn't? Wilt wasn't just some 15 ppg scorer...
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Not when Wilt played for the Lakers. Sad really the way he kept jewelry out of the Stilt's jewelry box. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Laker fans may want to check out the Red Sox board. Yankee fans are getting booted by new moderating technology. Celts, Bruins, and Pats boards to follow. BYE BYE fakers!!!!!!!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Who is this homeless looking guy:
    [QUOTE]that was moving in to steal Dwight's watch? I hope security removed him from the arena.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

One of the most dominant players to ever play the game!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

russell chamged his mind about boston...but typical faker laker fans who claim they know things. the only thing they know is the voices in there head...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Laker fans may want to check out the Red Sox board. Yankee fans are getting booted by new moderating technology. Celts, Bruins, and Pats boards to follow. BYE BYE fakers!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that they are trying to identify posters by IP address.  Currently many who have been banned in the past are registering under a new name.  They are trying to avoid this from continuing to happen.   I still believe that many posters that should be banned aren't.  Many are allowed to start and continue to post insulting comments and argue and insult many Boston fans and are never banned. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The down side of freedom of speech. I find more sad than anything else because these nimrods aren't even laker fans,they are so lost and have no life that they have chose to search out a fan forum and just be jerks. I figure they're 1 of 3 possible lifestyles; 1 pre teens that have no friends 2 invalids or socially ostracized cretins that are so miserable they want everyone to feel the anger and hate that has consumed them and led to this behavior 3 convicts with computer privileges.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Go Green exposed! A picture of Go Green extracted from LA laker website!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is this homeless looking guy : Would you like an autograph kid? As you are obviously obsessed.

Sure Dr. Evil....I mean Go Green!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.counterpunch.org/2004/06/23/quot-a-flea-market-of-racism-quot/ Points to note from this: 1. Russell was the constant target of racial abuse in Boston particularly when he tried to move to another suburb. 2. Vandals broke into his house and defacated in it! 3. Neighbors tried to block his move by trying to buy the house he was to move into. 4. Russell never won over Bostonians- the average attendance was 8604, thousands short of a sell out. 5. Russell called Boston a flea market of racism. It's a disgrace how Boston treated one of it's heroes, even if it was in an age that barely resembles the NBA of today, and yet it's swept under the carpet as if it never happened. Shameful!
    Posted by The Big4[/QUOTE]

I will not argue your points on racism in Boston during that era, but your #4 assertion is blatantly false. Anyone who followed the Celtics via the radio broadcasts will forever remember the legendary Johnny Most exclaiming in his raspy voice at some point in just about every game at the Garden during Bill Russell's heydays, "13,909 AND WE'VE GOT ONE GOING!."

And having attended many games at the Garden back in the day, albeit in the nose bleed seats, the place was packed and literally the rafters were vibrating from the noise. He may not have won over all Bostonians, but on any given night there were 13,909 Bostonians cheering Russell's every effort.   Your 8,604 average attendance is B.S.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Big 4,

you are extreamly missinformed about bill russell let me own you on this topic...and prove you wrong...

Let me start owning you for a second son....If boston is so racist..why did Kevin Garnett sign a contract to approve the trade to come to boston..didnt he say to chancy billips how is boston and chancey said...The racism is in the past..not in the future..Boston loves ray allen and paul and a predominatly black boston celtics team. Boston loves black players like pedro martinez and david ortiz..If boston is racist..why has BOSTON ELECTED A GOVERNER who is BLACK...and if black people dont like boston WHY DID DOC RIVERS RE-UP..and KG resign??????????....THESE ARE FACTS WHICH HAVE DEFEATED YOUR RACISM..

LETS go to bill russell...Sure boston has its past..BUT LETS GO TO NOW AND THE FUTURE......Lets go to the wiki...

Racist abuse, controversy and reconciliation

Russell's life was marked by an uphill battle against racism and controversial actions and statements in response to perceived racism. As a child, the young Russell witnessed how his parents were victims of racial abuse, and eventually moved into housing projects to escape the daily torrent of bigotry.[3] When he later became a standout amateur basketball player at USF, Russell recalled how he and his few fellow African American colleagues were jeered by white students.[11] Even after he became a star on the Boston Celtics, Russell was the victim of racial abuse. When the NBA All-Stars toured the U.S. in the 1958 offseason, white hotel owners in segregated North Carolina denied rooms to Russell and his black teammates, causing him to later write in his memoir Go Up for Glory, "It stood out, a wall which understanding cannot penetrate. You are a Negro. You are less. It covered every area. A living, smarting, hurting, smelling, greasy substance which covered you. A morass to fight from."[27] Before the 1961–62 season, Russell refused to play in an exhibition game in Lexington, Kentucky when he and his black teammates were refused service at a local restaurant.[53]

As a consequence, Russell was extremely sensitive to all racial prejudice: according to Taylor, he often perceived insults even if others did not.[17] He was active in the Black Power movement and supported Muhammad Ali's decision to refuse to be drafted.[79] He was often called "Felton X," a mockery of the Nation of Islam's tradition of replacing a European slave name with an "X," and even purchased land in Liberia.[55] Russell's public statements became increasingly militant, so far that he was quoted in a 1963 Sports Illustrated interview with the words: "I dislike most white people because they are people ... I like most blacks because I am black".[55] However, when his white Celtics teammate Frank Ramsey asked whether he hated him, Russell claimed to be misquoted, but few believed it.[55] Also, Taylor remarks that Russell overlooked that his career was only made possible by the white people who were proven anti-racists, namely his white high school coach George Powles (the person who encouraged him to play basketball), his white college coach Phil Woolpert (who integrated USF basketball), white Celtics coach Red Auerbach (who is universally regarded as an anti-racist pioneer and made him the first black NBA coach), and white Celtics owner Walter A. Brown, who gave him a high $24,000 rookie contract, just $1,000 shy of the top earning veteran Bob Cousy.[56]

Nevertheless, as a result of repeated racial bigotry, Russell refused to respond to fan acclaim or friendship from his neighbors, thinking it was insincere and hypocritical. He decided that since the world hadn't given him anything, he would give the world nothing in return. This attitude contributed to his legendary bad rapport with fans and journalists.[27] He alienated Celtics fans by saying, "You owe the public the same it owes you, nothing! I refuse to smile and be nice to the kiddies."[55] This supported the opinion that Russell (who was the highest paid Celtic) was egotistical, paranoid and hypocritical, and even the FBI described Russell in his file as "an arrogant Negro who won't sign autographs for white children".[55] The already hostile atmosphere between Russell and Boston hit its apex when vandals broke into his house, covered the walls with racist graffiti, damaged his trophies and defecated in the beds.[55] In response, Russell described Boston as a "flea market of racism".[80] In King Of The Court by Aram Goudsouzian, he was quoted saying, "From my very first year I thought of myself as playing for the Celtics, not for Boston. The fans could do or think whatever they wanted."[81] After his retirement, he described the Boston press as corrupt and racist; in response, Boston sports journalist Larry Claflin claimed that Russell himself was the real racist.[82] Despite his refusal to sign autographs, he accepted a $250,000 contract to sign 5,000 pieces of memorabilia.[83]

Russell, who invariably saw himself as a victim of the media, wasn't present when his #6 jersey was retired in 1972, or his induction into the Hall of Fame in 1975, shunning the limelight both times.[53] While Russell still has sore feelings towards the city, there has been something of a reconciliation;[84] and he has even visited the city on a regular basis in recent years, something he never did in the years immediately after his retirement.[84] When Russell originally retired, he demanded that his jersey be retired in an empty Boston Garden.[85] In 1995, the Celtics left Boston Garden and entered the FleetCenter, now the TD Garden, and as the main festive act, the Boston organization wanted to re-retire Russell's jersey in front of a sellout audience.[56] Perennially wary of the "racist" city of Boston, Russell decided to make amends and gave his approval. On May 6, 1999, the Celtics re-retired Russell's jersey in a ceremony attended by his on-court rival (and friend) Chamberlain, along with Celtics legend Larry Bird and Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. The crowd gave Russell a prolonged standing ovation, which brought tears to his eyes.[85] Russell was visibly touched at this outpour of adoration. He thanked Chamberlain for taking him to the limit and "making [him] a better player" and the crowd for "allowing [him] to be a part of their lives."[56]

On December 2, 2008, Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and The Mayor's Office of New Bostonians awarded Russell the 2008 We Are Boston Leadership Awards. Russell, who according to the mayor flew a "red-eye flight" to be there, attended the annual event with his daughter. He was visibly grateful and shared anecdotes of racial bigotry when he first came to Boston as a player and bought a home in Reading, Massachusetts. Russell congratulated the mayor on wanting to be a "mayor for all of Boston" and commented that it was a city that truly changed.

NOW THE BIG 4, WHAT DID THAT LAST PARAGRAPH SAY..BOY!!!! WHAT DID IT SAY......YOUR OWNED...DONT GO SPOUTING your mouth on racism unless you KNOW THE FACTS AND THE REAL STORY..

YOUR OWNED!!!!!

HERES MORE FACTS FOR YOU SON.....dealing with you is like taking candy from a baby..

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH...HERE IT IS..

] Perennially wary of the "racist" city of Boston, Russell decided to make amends and gave his approval. On May 6, 1999, the Celtics re-retired Russell's jersey in a ceremony attended by his on-court rival (and friend) Chamberlain, along with Celtics legend Larry Bird and Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. The crowd gave Russell a prolonged standing ovation, which brought tears to his eyes.[85] Russell was visibly touched at this outpour of adoration. He thanked Chamberlain for taking him to the limit and "making [him] a better player" and the crowd for "allowing [him] to be a part of their lives."[56]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

When you can't beat 'em (but admire them).....join 'em...

When you can't beat 'em (but hate them)........criticism 'em (the Laker troll motto)

this club is made up of about 85% adolescents......the other 15% are just misinformed adults....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is this homeless looking guy : Too bad he could not score as many points as Kobe. just sayin'

He didn't need to! He just played defense, rebounded and started the famed fast break that led to easy buckets. At times when the team was having problems scoring he took over and could score with the best of them. His only weakness was free throws but at the end of the game if they were needed he would hit most of them. Russell has the heart of a winner! If Kobe had that his scoring would be down but what a sight that would be. A mini Jordan maybe and the Lakers would be real scary!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Yeah, thanks mtrax - gogreen really likes it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"that was moving in to steal Dwight's watch? I hope security removed him from the arena."

Umm no one you would know about, just one of the great Americans of the 20th century, who took it upon himself to be far better educated than DH will ever be and to use his stardom as a way of being an ambassador for issues far bigger than himself, rather than waste everyone's time with selfish coach killing antics and chasing celebrity status for himself....

Trolls for your ignore list (when that feature is re-added): GoGreen and TommyRules:  fake Celtics fans and sockpuppets.  "Puddin":  self-admitted "creepy" anti-Rondo obsession