Who on this team do you want to be around next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Who on this team do you want to be around next year?

The only two guys that I am pretty sure will still be with the team are Oly and Sully. Both of them are too talented to give up on.

I like Rondo's game but with his contract situation I would try and get rid of him before I would pay him big dollars. Bradley doesn't make much or a difference either way, I hate watching Green put up 4 points and 2 boards every other game and Bass doesnt do much for me either.

Johnson has come back to earth, Pressey always looks overmatched. Babb wont even last this year.  Bayless and Hump are as good as gone.

Next years team is going to look nothing like this one....and that is a good thing. Ugh.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Who on this team do you want to be around next year?

Sullinger, Olynyk, Pressey, Johnson, Bayless, and Humphries

Those are the only guys with positive team plus and minuses....

http://www.82games.com/1314/1314BOS.HTM

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Rondo, Sully, Oly, Fav, Pressey, Johnson, Babb and Hump if he takes a huge pay cut.

Obviously this is unlikely to happen as you tend to have to give to get, but in a perfect world...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Please stop with the plus minus thing Last night Anthony had the best plus minus on the team.

Sullinger olynk Johnson bayless and Pressey would be the worst starting line up in the NBA

you don't understand the concept and it is embarassing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I agree with 37 on Sully and Oly...but Rondo if we can't find a good replacement. Ainge can't let him walk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

PG: Rondo, Pressey

SG: Rookie/Vet, Johnson

SF: Jabari Parker, Chris Babb

PF: Sully, Oly

C: Fav, Hump

Obviously if we end up with Embiid in front of us, we should take him and that would change everything, but this ^ has the makings for a good team.  

I'm not ready to hand Johnson a starting shooting guard role yet but I could say with some certainty I wouldn't have either Bradley and Bayless start, Johnson at least has the length to play the position and if he becomes consistent enough and scrappy enough on the defensive end I could see him starting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I agree with Wozzy about Embiid..............that having been said, and assuming we get #3 or #4  (I am convinced ORL will draft a PG, MIL will take Embiid.........so that leaves us and Philly)

Who do I WANT next year?

Rondo/Bayless/Pressey

Hayward/Selden/Johnson

Green/Paker/Wallace - and buy him out later in the year

Sully/Oly/?

Asik/Anthony/Fav

That team doesn't suck as bad as this year.........trade Rondo next year......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Sully, Oly, Rondo, and Green. Humphries for the right price.

Sully just keeps getting better. I'm one of the biggest advocates for passing on Love and developing Sullinger. Guy is a load. 

Oly is playing like a rookie should. He shows me flashes of what I liked about him in the summer league. He needs a little more consistency, but the interior passing is something I really like.

Rondo is the captain of this team, and he should be. He's uber-talented and he's clearly worked on his shot. He drives the car. I think him and Stevens could thrive together.

Jeff Green is a great wing defender and can take over a game when he feels like showing up. He's a top-10 scoring SF and he's one of the few people on the planet that can contain LeBron. 

Humphries would be another solid option under the right circumstances. Guy plays hard and clearly likes playing in Boston. I love his work ethic but his price tag needs to come down a considerable amount.

I like Pressey and Johnson. They're both scrappy. But I can live without them. Fav, Babb, Bass (tough decision), AB, Wallace (it's too bad he's gonna be on it no matter what), Anthony can all exit stage left. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Bradley, Sully. KO and Humphries. Maybe Bayless.  That said, no one is untouchable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Please stop with the plus minus thing Last night Anthony had the best plus minus on the team.

Sullinger olynk Johnson bayless and Pressey would be the worst starting line up in the NBA

Yes, you're denial of reality is embarassing.

No one suggested that as our starting lineup.

I am hoping for Rondo, Hayward, Green, Sullinger, and Embiid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

No you honestly don't understand the variables in the plus/minus.

Google it, read about it.

Learn.  It is embarrassing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

you can wish all you want, but the dead mind/body of gerald wallace will be draining 10M off our cap.  not sure if he'll "bogans" it or not.

other than that, i'm with you- i hope they are ALL GONE except for the two bigs that show a bit of hope.  oly may well not pan out into much more than a 6-7th man, he's got work to go but good bigs are too hard to come by to package him up now.  give him time to develop.  and keep sully. 

flush the rest of the mess if you can

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

I agree with 37 on Sully and Oly...but Rondo if we can't find a good replacement. Ainge can't let him walk.

if rondo stays through to the end of next season, ainge has no choice but to let him walk and trip and fall on the reality that he's not worth 13M let alone a pay raise X 5 years beyond that

if ainge signs the wiz kid to an extension and a raise, he's dooming the team to sub mediocrity in doing so.  rondo is not max contract material.  not even close.  that's what he thinks he's worth

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

No you honestly don't understand the variables in the plus/minus.

Google it, read about it.

Learn.  It is embarrassing

Yes, you are embarrassing.

I understand the stat quite well.

You keep trying to distort what I am saying. A sure sign of someone who doesn't understand.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Would like to see RR and AB , CH, JS and KO. Like Pressy and Johnson then after that don't see much else. No offence to any of the other players. Draft a center and a Small forward or do some trades to aquire. How all that works i'm not a GM.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

could we pay Wallace to retire? like just leave bud.

but I think keep Rondo make him our 3rd best player when we win another title.

so, Rondo, Bradley (i guess?), Sully, Oly, Fav, C. Johnson

Bass and Green will maybe be on the team but will be traded in season if not in June/July

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The only two guys that I am pretty sure will still be with the team are Oly and Sully. Both of them are too talented to give up on.

I like Rondo's game but with his contract situation I would try and get rid of him before I would pay him big dollars. Bradley doesn't make much or a difference either way, I hate watching Green put up 4 points and 2 boards every other game and Bass doesnt do much for me either.

Johnson has come back to earth, Pressey always looks overmatched. Babb wont even last this year.  Bayless and Hump are as good as gone.

Next years team is going to look nothing like this one....and that is a good thing. Ugh.

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Bradley, Sully. KO and Humphries. Maybe Bayless.  That said, no one is untouchable.

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

KO, Sully....and  ah..ah...well....nope, that's it

FAV if he works on his game and can supply a legit 15-20 minutes a game next season...the 1st year pass is over...he can play or he can't.

Hump? I like him, he's played well for us, but unless he signs for a reasonable contract, nope, and someone will continue to pay him more than he's really worth.

Man, we suck nopw...and regardless of who we pick up, we're gonna suck again next year too...

JUST GET RID OF RONDON'T AND GREEN!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Agree.  Oly and Sully and that's it.  Rondo, Green, Bass hopefully are gone.  Like Humphries, but he does not really have a place on this team.  We're rebuilding.  Pressey, Johnson, Babb, What's-his-face-from-Miami aren't even worth mentioning.  Bradley....meh.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Sully, KO, Bayless, Faverani and Johnson.

Sully and KO are your starter and backup at the 4.

Faverani backs up the 5.

Bayless can backup both the guard spots if needed.

And Johnson backs up the 3.

Ideally they are able to pick up two of their starters with their first two picks in the draft. They then can pick up at least one via trade, and then maybe a free agent. Rondo, Green and Bass are all still very solid trade chips in my opinion, but the only one that needs to go at this point is Bass, again because of positional depth.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Agree.  Oly and Sully and that's it.  Rondo, Green, Bass hopefully are gone.  Like Humphries, but he does not really have a place on this team.  We're rebuilding.  Pressey, Johnson, Babb, What's-his-face-from-Miami aren't even worth mentioning.  Bradley....meh.

I don't get all the dissing of our present players.  I believe we have a lot of valuable, talented players who will be the core of our next success.  Sure some have had bad nights playing with different compliments, but our team for next year is a long way from complete.

We should have one more valuable player following the draft.  When added with Rondo, AB, Green , Sullivan, Bass, Hump, Faverani, Bayless and Oly we have a ton of talent.  We can not afford to replace all these guys, and if we do what level of talent can we expect in return.

Stevens has done an excellent job of creating an atmosphere of hustle and teamwork.  He has already created chemistry during this tank season.  I see the near future as being very bright.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

It's not that I don't like the players the Celtics have now. Rondo is a great player, as much as I don't really like him, and Green is an amazing talent, as frustrating as he can be. But I think they will be better used getting younger pieces that can grow with the centerpiece that will come from this year's draft. AB will likely price himself out this offseason.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Only if the Price is Right. So come on down Rondo, Sully (even with his 2" vertical), Bradley, and Hump. I wouldn't be upset if management gave up on Oly after just 1 year either. Hump, only cause he's earned a prolonged stay. But I could better answer this question after the draft.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to FLACFAN's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I don't get all the dissing of our present players.  I believe we have a lot of valuable, talented players who will be the core of our next success.  Sure some have had bad nights playing with different compliments, but our team for next year is a long way from complete.

We should have one more valuable player following the draft.  When added with Rondo, AB, Green , Sullivan, Bass, Hump, Faverani, Bayless and Oly we have a ton of talent.  We can not afford to replace all these guys, and if we do what level of talent can we expect in return.

Stevens has done an excellent job of creating an atmosphere of hustle and teamwork.  He has already created chemistry during this tank season.  I see the near future as being very bright.

Welll....I guess you didn't see the last game then!

Sections
Shortcuts