Who on this team do you want to be around next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Who on this team do you want to be around next year?

In response to wozzy's comment:

Still too gutless to answer a simple question...  

God you have no huevos whatsoever.  Man up.  

You are so sure of everything, but never commit to anything.  

Did the Celtics tank in 2006 or didn't they?  Do teams "tank" in the NBA?

Answer the f-ing question?

And still no answer... crickets...

Gutless...

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Every Celtic fan knows the Celts tanked in 2006-07.

Are you senile or something?

HAHAHA

Here:

2006-07 Boston Celtics 
    In 2007, with Greg Oden and Kevin Durant as the big lottery prizes, several teams were openly questioned about apparent tanking, including the Boston Celtics, Milwaukee Bucks and Memphis Grizzlies, the three teams that ended up with the best chance of drafting Oden or Durant. 

In one notorious game late in the season, the Celtics, playing at home, led the woeful Bobcats 69-51 late in the third quarter -- and managed to lose the game by eight points, enhancing their draft positioning. Of course, Celtics coach Doc Rivers denied tanking charges. As Steve Bulpett reported in the Boston Herald: “Rivers insisted there was nothing sinister about leaving Paul Pierce (game-high 23 points) on the bench for the fourth quarter and letting the quintet of Sebastian Telfair, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Allan Ray and Leon Powe stay on the parquet as the lead -- still at 10 with nine minutes left in the game -- disappeared.” 

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/40780/when-tankers-tell-the-truth

So, in your opinion, did the Celtics tank or not?

Quit dodging the question jellyfish...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Celts tanked in 1997 and 2007.

No need for opinion because those are facts, wozzy.

So if the Celtics tanked in 2006, sat all their talent, showcased the talent they wanted to move... why is this year any different?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"So if the Celtics tanked in 2006, sat all their talent, showcased the talent they wanted to move... why is this year any different?"

Biggest difference is Doc was a much more established NBA coach willing to do what it took to get the picks the franchise needed. 

Stevens is a young coach with a lot to prove, he only knows how to win. He is clearly coaching to win games. There are no veterans like Pierce on the team who understand why you need to lose to win in the NBA. Rondo is the closest thing but he is aligned to free agency, not the franchise. So he has no interest in sitting, he is playing for his next contract. 

Ainge is also more conflicted about the right move - that was clear at the deadline when he didn't move players he could have. Understandably so, it's going to be tough to get a great pick with so many teams racing to the bottom.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

By the summer of 2017, there's a good chance that no one from the current roster will be around.  Sullinger and Olynyk are better trade chips than players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"So if the Celtics tanked in 2006, sat all their talent, showcased the talent they wanted to move... why is this year any different?"

Biggest difference is Doc was a much more established NBA coach willing to do what it took to get the picks the franchise needed. 

Stevens is a young coach with a lot to prove, he only knows how to win. He is clearly coaching to win games. There are no veterans like Pierce on the team who understand why you need to lose to win in the NBA. Rondo is the closest thing but he is aligned to free agency, not the franchise. So he has no interest in sitting, he is playing for his next contract. 

Ainge is also more conflicted about the right move - that was clear at the deadline when he didn't move players he could have. Understandably so, it's going to be tough to get a great pick with so many teams racing to the bottom.

And yet Ainge, the architect of the 2007-08 championship is once again the guy in charge.  You can't have it both ways.  You assuming that Doc has some inside track on winning and Stevens is clueless doesn't hold water.  

Steven took the job knowing that it was a reclamation project and would take time.  The team is tanking, minutes given to players is an indicator or nothing except they probably want you gone or want to inflate your value to trade you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

By the summer of 2017, there's a good chance that no one from the current roster will be around.  Sullinger and Olynyk are better trade chips than players.

But right now they are cheap. Which is why they will be here next year.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The problem with you is you're an old man acting like a little girl.

Everybody here is telling you Fav is not a legit starting NBA Center like you predicted before the season started.

But you're such a spoiled little girl, you refuse to admit to being wrong.

Some agree, some don't, what most others don't do is follow me around here sniffing my crotch like you do. 

And PS when someone suggests you have the fortitude of a "little girl" do try to be original and think of another slam for the return volley.  I am also under 40 so if I'm "old" I am still substantially sharper than you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Some agree, some don't, what most others don't do is follow me around here sniffing my crotch like you do. 

And PS when someone suggests you have the fortitude of a "little girl" do try to be original and think of another slam for the return volley.  I am also under 40 so if I'm "old" I am still substantially sharper than you.

[/QUOTE]

you will never have a fruitful discussion with some people on this board.  the ignore button has been a wonderful feature for me to block them out.  i only regret it took so long for me to do it.  the "forensic sleuth" who won't live by his own words but will dig up a post you made from 4 years ago and change some words in it to "prove his point" is not worth the time of day

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

you will never have a fruitful discussion with some people on this board.  the ignore button has been a wonderful feature for me to block them out.  i only regret it took so long for me to do it.  the "forensic sleuth" who won't live by his own words but will dig up a post you made from 4 years ago and change some words in it to "prove his point" is not worth the time of day

You're right, I don't use the ignore often enough, almost never, but for someone as obtuse as Farce I could make an exception.  

Thanks Acie for setting me straight, I've given the same advice over the years and am not quick enough to follow it.

Time will tell if I'm right or wrong, time is my friend, for now I will revel in the three simple facts; that Chris Babb is a Celtic, that Pressey is and has been all season our only point guard after Rondo and that we don't have to listen to the inane ramblings of a sociopath.  

We're not good but the future is looking bright, we already have some good pieces, a slew of draft picks with one of the best eye for talents in the NBA at the helm and a heck of a coach.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Depends on draft night

Sections
Shortcuts