Who Replaces Doc Rivers?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Who Replaces Doc Rivers?

can coaches be traded?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I wonder if Fierce thinks no other available coach could have the C's playing better than they are...

Sub 500 record, 6 game losing streak, completely messed up rotation, most of the players confused of their roles, a significant lack of motivation and no player accountability.

Gee, is there anyone else that can top this performance?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

It's very easy to say "Fire Doc!"

But who replaces him?

Karllost said Jeff Van Gundy.

Those who want Doc fired tell us who you want to be the next Celtics coach.

Nate McMillan?  Rudy Tomjanovich?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

It's very easy to say "Fire Doc!"

But who replaces him?

Karllost said Jeff Van Gundy.

Those who want Doc fired tell us who you want to be the next Celtics coach.

Nate McMillan?  Rudy Tomjanovich?

Nate McMillan is available. 

Rudy Tomjanovich can't coach anymore for health reasons.

Phil Jackson?  Just kidding.  Phil's the most overrated coach in the history of the game, but that's a discussion for another time.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I wonder if Fierce thinks no other available coach could have the C's playing better than they are...

Sub 500 record, 6 game losing streak, completely messed up rotation, most of the players confused of their roles, a significant lack of motivation and no player accountability.

I'm not saying that there's no other coach that can make this Celtics team play better.

But, remember last season when the Celtics TWICE had a 5-game losing streak?

Celts ended up in the east finals, right?

It's simple, it's not time to make a coaching change yet. Let this season pass and look towards the future. The bigger question is how Doc does coaching a rebuilding team without KG and Pierce.

This current Celts team is not going to the Finals this season. So why make a coaching change just for this season? 

I think youve said or implied theres no better coach available several times/

Just because the C's reached the ECF last season shouldnt matter too much. They played terrible during the reg season... got hot or w/e during the playoffd (please dont tell me DOc planned it this way or miraculously  used coaching genius to turn it around at the perfect moment)..

Moving to this season, theyre playing even worse..

About not going to the finals this season.. we were one quarter away from going to the NBA finals last season... our team played almost as bad during last season as this.. Point is anything can happen, as we saw last year... Doc isnt our coach for the future, so why wasit time? Get rid of him, get some new blood in to motivate this team and make some real coaching moves...

maybe we will be much better than this lousy record we have now... I think we can easily or I wouldnt hope for Doc to get run out of town

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

The advantage of keeping Doc is we know he's a defense first coach and he has a system that works. It's just his being loyal to a fault that is his strength and also his weakness.

If the Celts hire a new coach now, the Celts would start from scratch. Players would have to learn the new system. It would be a full rebuilding process that will take 5 years at least.

With Doc, the Celts can be a contender again by 2015-16.

Why? 

There's continuity and it's been proven that Doc's system works.

I would never call Doc Rivers a great defensive coach.  I don't believe he knows how to teach defense.  Celtics were one of the worst defensive teams before Garnett showed up.  It was like a layup drill.  Tom Thibodeau had ALOT to do with fashioning this team's defense....more so than Doc.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

The advantage of keeping Doc is we know he's a defense first coach and he has a system that works. It's just his being loyal to a fault that is his strength and also his weakness.

If the Celts hire a new coach now, the Celts would start from scratch. Players would have to learn the new system. It would be a full rebuilding process that will take 5 years at least.

Why? 

In 2015-16, Doc will probably still be starting Garnett and Pierce.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I'm not saying that there's no other coach that can make this Celtics team play better.

But, remember last season when the Celtics TWICE had a 5-game losing streak?

Celts ended up in the east finals, right?

It's simple, it's not time to make a coaching change yet. Let this season pass and look towards the future. The bigger question is how Doc does coaching a rebuilding team without KG and Pierce.

This current Celts team is not going to the Finals this season. So why make a coaching change just for this season? 

I think youve said or implied theres no better coach available several times/

Just because the C's reached the ECF last season shouldnt matter too much. They played terrible during the reg season... got hot or w/e during the playoffd (please dont tell me DOc planned it this way or miraculously  used coaching genius to turn it around at the perfect moment)..

Moving to this season, theyre playing even worse..

About not going to the finals this season.. we were one quarter away from going to the NBA finals last season... our team played almost as bad during last season as this.. Point is anything can happen, as we saw last year... Doc isnt our coach for the future, so why wasit time? Get rid of him, get some new blood in to motivate this team and make some real coaching moves...

maybe we will be much better than this lousy record we have now... I think we can easily or I wouldnt hope for Doc to get run out of town

Doc isn't our coach of the future? How do you know that for sure?

If you think that Jeff Van Gundy is a coach for the future then you're nuts.

True, I dont know that for sure... just like you dont know for sure Doc wont get fired this season and the many, many other things youve posted as "in the know" about.

That said, let me clarify my thought. Doc shouldnt be the coach for our future. If so, we're gonna stink unless Danny pulls off another Big3 ripoff from some other teams and are of the KG ilk...leaders and motivators.  Leaving it in Docs hands means we're gonna be average at best

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Why? 

In 2015-16, Doc will probably still be starting Garnett and Pierce.

Not true. 

KG will be gone after next season.

Pierce will be gone this season.

It was a joke, Fierce.  So, you think KG will opt out of his last year?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Doc is a great coach, who is currently coaching a team with aging all-stars! I do not agree with every move he makes, but could not imagine another coach on the sidelines. 

I do wish he would hire a good defensive coach!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

So you're saying if we get another Big 3 Doc will be the right coach, right?

If that's the case then let's wait until Ainge makes those trades.

Indeed lets give doc additional time until DA finds another Big 3.

Shouldn't be that long, fellas.

Fierce seems to be in doc's closet now.

Pud

25. This post has been removed.