Who should start?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Who should start?

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rameakap,

Good to see you around, this place is quiet and troll infested.  Anderson Varajeo went for 35 and 18 the other night in a loss.  What would it take to get him?  You have touched on a real valid point about Pierce.  He is hurting the team often when he scores but shoots poorly and turns the ball over. I wonder if Doc would use him as sixth man, as you say he would be more effective not less that way. 

[/QUOTE]
    Varajeo for a price we can afford and reasonably good health for the team would mean a title. I firmly believe it.

I wanted him this offseason as I thought he was in the doghouse but if he keeps this up, his price will be high. I always thought he was a perfect fit the way he hussles and if you pair him with KG, thats a nightmare for anyone as Varajeo was one of the few that got under KGs skin so them together would be Huge IMO and most likely put us over the hump in the east with his ability to protect the basket vs the Heat. he knows L.J. well too..May have some dirt on em...lol

[/QUOTE]

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trades are supposed to help both teams. How does trading Lee and Sully help the Cavs?

So that the Cavs can start 2 undersized PFs, Tristan Thompson and Sully, in their frontcourt?

Dan Gilbert will give Varejao to the Celts so that the Celts will beat the Heat?

Ugh!

[/QUOTE]

I thought you had no interest in this thread Fierce?

I have answered that question of yours many times. Lee and Sully both have value to Cleve. Lee in a 3 guard rotation signed fairly for years in a city that has trouble getting free agents and Sully as a very likeable OSU local guy instant fan fav who is 10 years younger than current fan fav Varejao.

Does Thompson play all 48 mins at PF? He is a player like Deng, Green and Marvin Williams who can play SF as well as PF. Hasn't Doc already shown Sully can play some 5?

In addition the C's would likely have to throw in Melo, and pick(s), EVEN THEN I have said OVER AND OVER... we may not have the best offer for AV if Cleve decides to move him, but we can ask, and put together a VERY competitive package. He is much more realistic and a better fit than names like Amare and Pau.

Just bringing substance and intelligence, anyone who disagrees with you though is met with immaturity, snickering dogs and 'ugh!'... way to keep it classy and polite, I pity you.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

All of this is why I say Green to Utah, Bass to someplace else, Millsap and Williams to Bos..............

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fierce stop being so pathetic, I already said I do not predict Varejao comes here. Do you predict one of Pau, amare or Josh smith to be here?

I am just providing the facts and solid trade ideas in a realistic way.

I don't see where susan asked you a question anywhere, but insulting a thread for having no discussion going on it, 20 mins after it was started at midnight ET is petty and low even for you. And now you are here giving your two cents and mocking others.

You are welcome anywhere, as am I, as R9R pointed out to you already, to talk C's in a mature way, but if you are going to hang with the adults and the real fans act like one and leave your snickering dogs and 'ugh!'s' at the door.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big j. Show Big j's posts

i would like to see  this lineup were getting killed on the boards.  

rondon

lee

pierce

kg

wilcox 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big j. Show Big j's posts

rondo**

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce stop being so pathetic, I already said I do not predict Varejao comes here. Do you predict one of Pau, amare or Josh smith to be here?

I am just providing the facts and solid trade ideas in a realistic way.

I don't see where susan asked you a question anywhere, but insulting a thread for having no discussion going on it, 20 mins after it was started at midnight ET is petty and low even for you. And now you are here giving your two cents and mocking others.

[/QUOTE]

Here:

Re: Fierce want a shiny new PF, tell us HOW we get one!

posted at 11/15/2012 01:39:49 EST

• susan250
    • First: 06/19/2009
    • Last: 11/15/2012

[QUOTE]

R9R

If the Hawks struggle, Josh can be had for Lee, Bass, and other players plus picks.

Josh is the ideal and best option as the Celts can still keep Jeff Green.

[/QUOTE] 
    I agree with you.  He would be a great addition to the current Celtics team.  Isn't he also good friends with Rondo? 

[/QUOTE]

Ummm, thats in a different thread. And anybody that wants to discuss Josh Smith needs to wait until AFTER CP3/Howard are extended and not hitting free agency... it seems clear to me what Danny Ferry is doing, you don't see it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Big j's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i would like to see  this lineup were getting killed on the boards.  

rondon

lee

pierce

kg

wilcox 

[/QUOTE]

Wilcox has thrown his hat into the ring as far as deserving to start in the last few games for sure. I like that lineup for sure.

Over the past 5 season Wilcox has averaged 2 rebounds more per 36 mins than Bass while also being 2" taller and his style of play (like Green's) being one that would benefit more from max mins with Rondo.

Bass has a solid halfcourt offensive game that can be effective even when he's not on the court with Rondo and he adds more of a scoring punch to the bench than Wilcox would.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rameakap,

Good to see you around, this place is quiet and troll infested.  Anderson Varajeo went for 35 and 18 the other night in a loss.  What would it take to get him?  You have touched on a real valid point about Pierce.  He is hurting the team often when he scores but shoots poorly and turns the ball over. I wonder if Doc would use him as sixth man, as you say he would be more effective not less that way. 

[/QUOTE]
    Varajeo for a price we can afford and reasonably good health for the team would mean a title. I firmly believe it.

I wanted him this offseason as I thought he was in the doghouse but if he keeps this up, his price will be high. I always thought he was a perfect fit the way he hussles and if you pair him with KG, thats a nightmare for anyone as Varajeo was one of the few that got under KGs skin so them together would be Huge IMO and most likely put us over the hump in the east with his ability to protect the basket vs the Heat. he knows L.J. well too..May have some dirt on em...lol

[/QUOTE]

Thanks concord, you and I often think alike and keep the conversations realistic and positive.

Varejao should be the target and we have both loved him for years now. He is a perfect fit on this team and at the same stage in his career KG was at in '07 when he was open to a trade to Boston. Anderson's buddy Barbosa is on this team and he must be aware that his greatest strengths are currently our biggest weaknesses, I couldn't think of another club he would prefer to be dealt to.

Nobody is saying the Cavs are going to do him any favors, either by dealing him to a contender he wants to go to, or dealing him at all. He could be stuck in pergatory on a fun .500 team that finally is ready to compete in 3-4 years when he is past his prime.

Nobody is saying Gilbert will send him here to hurt the Heat (although Dan would enjoy watching them go down in the ECF for sure) and nobody is saying the Celtics have an outstanding package of talent Cleve would have a hard time turnign down.

But this is a discussion forum and he is the best fit for our problems and we can dream and make proposals for him all we want. Better than suggesting Gasol and Amare.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When Avery returns you need to make a trade to upgrade either PF or C. Barbosa's playing well makes Lee more expendable. He is also a close friend/countryman of Anderson Varejao.

[/QUOTE]

I  agree  the  Celts  need  to  upgrade  at  either  the  4  or  5.  Every  time  I  look  at  the  box  scores, Bass  has  like  8  points  in  30  minutes.  And  it's  not  like  he's  reliable  on  D  and  a  rebounding  machine.  Bass  will  always  be  an  adequate  sub  coming  off  the  bench  and  nothing  more.  And  I  think  Doc  should  be  giving  Sully  more  minutes.  I  have  zero  confidence  that  Green  will  ever  be  a  consistent  contributor.  I'd  like  to  see  the  Celts  package  a  deal  sending  Bass, Green  and  possibly  Lee  for  a  BIG  who  can  rebound  and  defend.  However, Green's  contract  makes  trading  him  difficult. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

I'm not sure it matters. Taking into account a philosophy that often does not have the team attacking on the offensive boards, there's a rebounding problem. Hard to believe that an NBA team with the caliber of players the Celtics have would be struggling with something as seemingly basic as boxing out, but there it is. Think it also has something to do with confusion over defensive assignments and positioning. The confusion factor is diminishing, but there is still a lot of looking around after baskets and still too many wide open, uncontested shots being conceded. The rust on players like Green and Wilcox and the green on someone like Sullinger is readily apparent, though Wilcox at least can hang with the opposition bigs. Bass is giving a lot of effort, and Sullinger clearly has some talent, but both have serious problems competing with players over 6 "9". And as should have been expected (despite a lot of peoples excitement) Sullinger is struggling in a number of aspects of the game.

When you're as deep as the Celtics are and you're having major trouble with depleted teams like Washington (minus Nene and Wall); the 76rs (minus Bynum); Chicago (minus Rose), etc. something is wrong. Think most fans realize they're lacking a solid big, but obtaining a quality guy going forward is not going to be easy - Smith, Varejao would both work, but what do you give up? Also, can you sign them long term as opposed to gutting your bench for a half year rental? Are these the guys you want to give max contracts to for the future? Maybe if the team feels it's close enough, and they don't have to give up too much, making a move for someone like Smith might be worth a shot at the title even if there is no guarentee he stays?

One thing this stretch has highlighted is just how good the Celtics defense has been for the past five years and how the contributions of solid defenders (PJ Brown; Perk; T Allen; Posey, etc.) have contributed to a great philosophy insitituted by Tom Thibodeau. Of course it all revolves around Garnett and ever since Perk left he has been without a partner in crime down low. No one could have predicted Green's health issues, but his ongoing struggles on the court continue to highlight a blunder that may have cost the Celtics one championship, and is still haunting them. 

Lastly, Darko obviously has had some issues with the wrist, and he struggles mightily with moving his feet (a must to play defense with the Celts), but it seems like he could at least help out when they are having major problems with someone with real size like Brooke Lopez. Obviously Doc chose to go with Collins and while he's more mobile than Darko, at least Darko's big and strong enough to put a body on players no one else on the squad can contend with. I guess if they don't solve some of the more pressing issues (rebounding on both ends/overall D/transition D/Dwhen Garnett leaves the court, etc.).

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Probably someone that can rebound the basketball. 

ROTFLMAO!!!

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain and envy bloopity. With their inability to shoot The lakers should be be nearthe top of the rebounding column this year. It's just a shame they will be on the bottom of the win list. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[/QUOTE]

How about this, let's make a bet. If the Celts get Varejao for Sully and Lee, then I'll make a thread about how great your prediction was. If the Celts don't get Varejao for Sully and Lee, you make a thread about how wrong you were. Deal?

I'm here because susan asked me a question and you're the one who replied! You're my spokesperson now?

[/QUOTE]

Ha, I asked you why you were on a thread, this one, that you obnoxiously insulted the night before and you said "I'm here because susan asked me a question" but nowhere on THIS THREAD did Susan ask you a thing.

You are welcome anywhere, I don't demean or bully the way you do (and R9R called you out on that one when you ruined good trade conversation talk on his thread). What I do is point out when you are wrong, which is often, and when you are a hypocrite or liar, which you were above and when you are immature, which is constantly.

Do anything you like, but act like an adult and the other adults here will be inclined to have intelligent conversations with you. If you can't do that, well you can always go back to engaging the trolls...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo, Green, Pierce, Bass, and KG.

[/QUOTE]

This lineup is very good Kirk, it causes all kinds of matchup problems. When Lee was on the court last night w/ Rondo hurt, and those other 4 guys, we were finishing up that 20-2 run and starting off the 4th strong. Then bass came back in and Terry and not much good happened.

I also agree that Wilcox needs more mins, but he is still working himself back into shape. 

Sections
Shortcuts