Who Stays and Who Goes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Who Stays and Who Goes?

My perspective:

PP will be traded (sometime during next season) to a contender.  Best case is that we can get a first round pick and a backup PG for him.  

Green will not be traded (unless its a blockbuster multi-player deal), since we have no backup at SF and an incremental improvement in that position is not meaningful.

Sullinger will not be traded, given other teams concern about his health and our lack of bigs and rebounding needs, but he is not a proven talent (and thus over-rated on this board).  If he remains healthy, he will be a strong backup PF on depth chart.  

Terry will not be traded.  Unforetuneatly his contract is terrible and we are stuck with an old under-performing inconsistent SG.

Bradley will not be traded.  Danny loves him, he is a team player and spark-plug who provides game changing D and Danny will give him one more year to prove himself offensively.

Rondo will be traded!  Danny is forced to do this. There aren't any players (or combination of players) on the ropster, other than Rondo, who can bring in quality big man talent, which is our biggest need and critical to the rebuilding process.  More critical than keeping a flawed PG.

Some combination of Bass, Wilcox, Lee, Melo will be traded (Williams and others have no trade value).

Management will not move up in the draft, and will select a SG or PF.

Not sure what will happen to Garnett.  Hope he stays for continuity, leadership, some much needed strong minutes, and to lessen fan outrage at Pierce and Rondo trades.

Rebuilding Progress and back in Contention:

Next year we make progress in the rebuilding process and we sneak into the playoffs, but lose in the first round again,

The following year, with Garnett and Pierce salary off the books, it allows us more cap space to get aome serious FA talent and another year of jelling the squad, we are competitive again and lose in the east finals.  

Year 3 we win another championship!!!  We win in the final seconds of game 7 by 2 points, after Rondo misses two critical free throws in the final minute then dribbles it out front for 15 seconds before launching a 3 pointer at the buzzer and misses.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Who Stays and Who Goes?

I agree, except I think if PP goes, KG will retire

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

I agree, except I think if PP goes, KG will retire

I also agree and you are right. KG would retire if PP was traded. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This indecision's bugging me.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

One minute I think Ainge trades PP, then 10 minutes later I say no way.

One of the 3 will make the dominos fall...Doc, KG or PP. When one makes a move that's when things will go in motion.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts