WHO THE HELL IS CHRIS HERREN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from okdude73401. Show okdude73401's posts

WHO THE HELL IS CHRIS HERREN?

ON YAHOO THEY ARE SAYIN HE WAS A FORMER CELTIC,I DONT REMEMBER HIM?ANYWAYS HE HAS A HERION PROBLEM?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: WHO THE HELL IS CHRIS HERREN?

if not mistaken he was #13, remember him  very vagueky. was a point guard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In Response to WHO THE HELL IS CHRIS HERREN?:
    [QUOTE]ON YAHOO THEY ARE SAYIN HE WAS A FORMER CELTIC,I DONT REMEMBER HIM?ANYWAYS HE HAS A HERION PROBLEM?
    Posted by okdude73401[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we had him for part of a year during, I think, the Pitino years.  He was one of the 25 people we tried as point guard during the 90s and oughts -- I think I vaguely remember he went to BC -- so he was a local, although he played for someone else before the C's picked him up (then again, I may be thinking of someone else).

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

He was only here for the blink of an eys He was drafter by Denver we picked him up and then I believe he was released.

Chris Herren has written a book with Providence Journal columnist, Bill Reynolds entitled Basketball Junkie: A Memoir documenting his career on and off the court. Basketball Junkie will be released in May, 2011

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

He played at fresno state for tark...decent player..but sad story..
    rought background..Those are the kind of players that tark recruited.
    We had lots of problems with his players here at Fresno and the community.
    Tark finally resigned..but the reputation still lingers..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/12/chris-herren%e2%80%99s-powerful-story-of-drug-addition-and-hoops/related/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to WHO THE HELL IS CHRIS HERREN?:
    [QUOTE]ON YAHOO THEY ARE SAYIN HE WAS A FORMER CELTIC,I DONT REMEMBER HIM?ANYWAYS HE HAS A HERION PROBLEM?
    Posted by okdude73401[/QUOTE]

FALLLLLLL RIVAHHHHHHHHHH

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I grew up in Fall River and it wasn't that bad. I take a little offense to that. Maybe it's changed since we moved in 69 but I had a nice childhood in the neighborhood where I grew up. The director of our BDD forum is a native of Fall River I believe. I read "Fall River Dreams." Good book. Skip Karrom ran a heck of a program there all those years at Durfee. My father's friend who is a long time respected Fall River lawyer, played for Durfee when they won the New England championship in the late 40's or 1950. I believed the final was against a high school from Waterbury Conn. And who played for that Waterbury team? Jimmy Pearsall.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: WHO THE HELL IS CHRIS HERREN?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHO THE HELL IS CHRIS HERREN? : The ONLY people who will buy that book are the morons friends of the kid down in that crap pit of a city. No one cares about Chris herren, last seen being found by the police, pulled over by the side of the road, passed out with a needle sticking out of his arm. Nice dude`...the locals apparently put pressure on the justice system to let him walk on the charge, his old man was a state rep for a few years....he's doing this for the cash, because he needs the dough....lol, they wrote a book about him and the city when he graduated from high school called 'Fall River Dreams"...it also was a tawdry reflection of how a crap pit of a city cow-tows to it's favorite sons....quite the cautionary tale...it will tell you all you need to know about Fall River and heroin, er, I mean, Herren.
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]
    There was a nice article on Herren on Boston.com about how he is clean now and he has 3 young kids and he's runnning a program for young athletes. Look's like he's turned the corner. Give the guy a chance. And for the record there are nice neighborhoods in Fall River. It is not all a crap pit of a city.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: WHO THE HELL IS CHRIS HERREN?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHO THE HELL IS CHRIS HERREN? : The ONLY people who will buy that book are the morons friends of the kid down in that crap pit of a city. No one cares about Chris herren, last seen being found by the police, pulled over by the side of the road, passed out with a needle sticking out of his arm. Nice dude`...the locals apparently put pressure on the justice system to let him walk on the charge, his old man was a state rep for a few years....he's doing this for the cash, because he needs the dough....lol, they wrote a book about him and the city when he graduated from high school called 'Fall River Dreams"...it also was a tawdry reflection of how a crap pit of a city cow-tows to it's favorite sons....quite the cautionary tale...it will tell you all you need to know about Fall River and heroin, er, I mean, Herren.
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]
    What a compassionate guy. That`s you in your avatar,isn`t it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

after the celts, herren hung aroudn the area for a year or two.  they found him passed out in a car somewhere on the north shore blotto on heroin.  then after he got out of that trouble he played ball in iran (no joke) but was still messed up.  this is the first i've heard of the guy in at least 7 years.  good to see he's on the up and up. 

Sections
Shortcuts