Who thinks Humpty will be on this team on opening day?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Who thinks Humpty will be on this team on opening day?

September 2nd is a week away and we will be able to trade Humpty officially. Ten days after that Wallace will be able to be traded. I would rather keep Wallace around at least until the trade deadline, I feel last year was an off year but he still has value both on the floor and as a possible trade piece. Humpty, not so much,he puts up good stats when he gets PT but,good stats doesn't always mean a good player and there are enough teams that would be very interested in his 12 mil expiring contract for us to get back quality value for him. What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Re: Who thinks Humpty will be on this team on opening day?

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

September 2nd is a week away and we will be able to trade Humpty officially. Ten days after that Wallace will be able to be traded. I would rather keep Wallace around at least until the trade deadline, I feel last year was an off year but he still has value both on the floor and as a possible trade piece. Humpty, not so much,he puts up good stats when he gets PT but,good stats doesn't always mean a good player and there are enough teams that would be very interested in his 12 mil expiring contract for us to get back quality value for him. What do you guys think?

Why trade? Brooks,Humpheys and Wallace,will be starters.They are very good players.You have to accept the fact.The celtics are not tanking.Too much pride in this organization.Go celtics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to debrit's comment:brooks will be backing up bradley.  wallace will back up green.  humphries is not going to start at pf, likely be part of a 5 man rotation at the 4 and 5 of sullinger, ko, faverini, and bass.  so they all 3 are bench players.  to answer the initial question there is no doubt in my mind hump will start the season with us.  and again, noone is taking wallace with that contract unless they get rr with him.

[QUOTE]

Why trade? Brooks,Humpheys and Wallace,will be starters.They are very good players.You have to accept the fact.The celtics are not tanking.Too much pride in this organization.Go celtics.

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I think Humphries maybe our starting center this year.  I actually like Humphries as a player....a minority I guess.  Yes, he is the most overpaid player in the league.  I think he might hang around until Feb. 2014.  I like Wallace as a player too, but his contract is horrible.  Again, I'm torn this year because I do not want them to win.  I like the thought of Wallace backing up Jeff Green.  This is the difficult part with Wallace - his contract makes him very difficult to deal.  I can see Wallace being on the team for this year.  He becomes more palatable to teams next year because he'll only have 2 years left on his deal.  In 2 years, he'll probably have the most trade value because his deal will be expiring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

In response to debrit's comment:brooks will be backing up bradley.  wallace will back up green.  humphries is not going to start at pf, likely be part of a 5 man rotation at the 4 and 5 of sullinger, ko, faverini, and bass.  so they all 3 are bench players.  to answer the initial question there is no doubt in my mind hump will start the season with us.  and again, noone is taking wallace with that contract unless they get rr with him.

+1 Right on the button.  

Except, IF Wallace, who has the skills of productive starter, can (or wants to) regain the game he displayed in his all star season 2 years ago, his contract won't look so bad.  

Barring an extraordinary block-buster trade, Hump will most definitely start the season (and likely end it) with the Celtics, and

Hump will most definitely NOT start at center.  Not only is he too small, but he has never played center that I know of.  He may, at most, get some minutes at C in a rotation with Oly. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think Humphries maybe our starting center this year.  I actually like Humphries as a player....a minority I guess.  Yes, he is the most overpaid player in the league.  I think he might hang around until Feb. 2014.  I like Wallace as a player too, but his contract is horrible.  Again, I'm torn this year because I do not want them to win.  I like the thought of Wallace backing up Jeff Green.  This is the difficult part with Wallace - his contract makes him very difficult to deal.  I can see Wallace being on the team for this year.  He becomes more palatable to teams next year because he'll only have 2 years left on his deal.  In 2 years, he'll probably have the most trade value because his deal will be expiring.

[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with the hump as long as he stays away from that fat rump skank ex of his...maybe he can return to his play of a couple of years ago...I have no use mat all for Green unless he plays every game all out every time he steps onto the court.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

i think we'll keep him and use him up this year down low, then let him go and keep the cap space

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

i think we'll keep him and use him up this year down low, then let him go and keep the cap space

Yeah.  Unless his desire/behavior is detrimental, or somebody else really wants him. He has the skills and could help a lot of teams.  We'll soon see if his attitude and character will be an issue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Like some people aren't big fans of Rajon, I'm not a big fan of Humpty.  I just feel we could get some better player(s) for the same or less money. We are supposedly going to eek under the cap this year. Wouldn't it be a good idea if we can get 2 players for 5.5 mil that can contribute combined to give better production than Humpty?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Like some people aren't big fans of Rajon, I'm not a big fan of Humpty.  I just feel we could get some better player(s) for the same or less money. We are supposedly going to eek under the cap this year. Wouldn't it be a good idea if we can get 2 players for 5.5 mil that can contribute combined to give better production than Humpty?

The goal this year is not to get better production, the goal is to get as close to Andrew Wiggins as possible.

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Sorry guys we're gonna be better than you think alot better,I really don't think we're gonna be in the lottery.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Face it dude, Rondo is out at least until December. Its been referenced by several players this summer. If true, that means this team will be without three of its top 5 players to start this new season. I'm sure we could win, and will try to win but its just not going to happen. I predict a 4-16 start to the year.

The trick will be when Rondo returns and when this team finds its identity, there really is enough talent to be at least a .500 team. So lets see what happens. I predict we eventually land in the 5-10 space in terms of worst record heading into the draft. Lets hope we get lucky and can get a top 3 pick. That would be a game changer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Sorry guys we're gonna be better than you think alot better,I really don't think we're gonna be in the lottery.

Hondo dude...You do your namesake wrong by being so darn BLIND....one thing Hondo had was excellent court vision and you can't see the forest of L's heading our way this year..we is doomed...but, if believing we will overcome makes it all easier to get through your days and nights, go ahead, don't let us change your mind.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

RR is not a player who scores using a jump shot, he scores and creates off of the drive. The hardest part about coming back from ACL surgery is learning to trust the knee that you have blown out.

Learning to plant (trust) the foot below the repaired knee without thought or hesitation in live competition takes time. There are some special players that have done this quickly, but more often than not it takes a year to heal (start playing) and two years to trust (plant the foot below the repaired knee without thought or hesitation).

RR may be back in December or January, but he likely will not fully regain his game until the following season. Unless he is one of the few!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Hondo - I suspect he will start the season on the team and may well end the season on the team at which point we get the cap space.  If DA could find 2 players each making $5.5M on expiring contracts, he'd probably jump at it - any thoughts who those players are...  Remember, if we were to make that trade for players on contracts beyond this year - we are effectively signing them as free agents as we will have lost the cap space/flexibility.  Unless DA gets a great offer  in Feb (which likely means Humphries has an excellent year requiring him to both start the season with us and play big minutes) - I suspect we start and end the season with him.

Sections
Shortcuts