Who to keep

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Who to keep

The Cs are interesting to watch.   Not so much plodding like the last couple of years.   They move the ball around and not just watching RR dribble around.   They try to run when they get the chance.   The players are probably having fun.   But that is not what it is about.   It's about wins and losses.   The playoffs to win championships.   This team ain't nowhere near that.   So, don't get fooled.   I tell you that DA gives fools gold.
       So, now what is my problem?   With many big time free agents available at the end of the season and supposedly pretty good one-n-dones in the draft, DA still can't build a team.   Cs have the 6th highest payroll in the league!!   They one of the best of the mediocre.   But that is not the Celtics way.   So, don't talk about adding players to be 8th playoff spot (which they probably will be anyway or better because of the poor eastern conference).
       You know that I give only constructive criticism.   So, what to do:   The untouchables are:   RR, Humphries, Faverani.   My brother also says JS.   Alright, I'll go for that.   If he was 2 inches taller, then he'd be one the best in the NBA (so would I...lol).   I've seen him since HS.   He's now relaxed and just playing ball.   Probably would keep Crawford.   But, I don't think he's a worldbeater and will he be able to play w RR?   But he is a gamer.   His shot selection might be questionable, but if the Cs get a real alpha dog, then this won't be too bad.   AB could be kept, but if given the right deal he's easily gone.   He's a hustler and enjoys playing D (which is rare in the NBA).   Would you put him in the class of Dennis Johnson or PP (gave Kobe and LBJ hard times) or Don Cheaney or even Charlie Scott or KC Jones?   AB hustles but doesn't really stop anybody (or slow down is what a D player really suppose to do).   In fact the Cs had to put little Pressey on Barea vs the Wolves to slow him down.  
       Definitely JG can be traded.   Jack of all trades, master of none.   But what is worse is that he doesn't make his team better.   Doesn't know how to do the little things in big spots that lead to winning.   The wild card is Wallace.   I've always liked his game.   Another 'jack'.   He can be effective, but his teams do always seem to be underachievers.   I'm still tryn to figure him out even though I watch him much more now that he is w/ the Cs.
       All this adds up too:   Trading for.... CARMELO ANTHONY for a combination of JG, BBass, Courtney Lee, Olynyk and Marshon Brooks (how come he aint playing?).   Problem is that NYK would probably want a draft pick.   Could probably do a high lottery protected   Of course CA has to sign for 4yrs.   This way Cs have real go-to guy, some D, still pg, rebounders.   Still will need bench shooters/scorers and real defensive center.   Why not wait till free agency?   Could, but Cs still need to get rid of players to 'tank' (did I say that!) to get better draft position and CA is better than anyone in the draft.   Plus players don't play for DA willingly.   They really don't think he knows what he's doing.   With a trade you have less choice.   Just have to trade for longer.
       Why all this now???   I haven't been able to log on most of season.   Was I _____balled?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

Re: Who to keep

Carmelo?  He has too much ego to play for a team, I'd rather keep what we got

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Great post... right up until Carmelo.

The guy is a black hole who doesn't make his team or teammates better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

You got to be kidding

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to docc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Cs are interesting to watch.   Not so much plodding like the last couple of years.   They move the ball around and not just watching RR dribble around.   They try to run when they get the chance.   The players are probably having fun.   But that is not what it is about.   It's about wins and losses.   The playoffs to win championships.   This team ain't nowhere near that.   So, don't get fooled.   I tell you that DA gives fools gold.
       So, now what is my problem?   With many big time free agents available at the end of the season and supposedly pretty good one-n-dones in the draft, DA still can't build a team.   Cs have the 6th highest payroll in the league!!   They one of the best of the mediocre.   But that is not the Celtics way.   So, don't talk about adding players to be 8th playoff spot (which they probably will be anyway or better because of the poor eastern conference).
       You know that I give only constructive criticism.   So, what to do:   The untouchables are:   RR, Humphries, Faverani.   My brother also says JS.   Alright, I'll go for that.   If he was 2 inches taller, then he'd be one the best in the NBA (so would I...lol).   I've seen him since HS.   He's now relaxed and just playing ball.   Probably would keep Crawford.   But, I don't think he's a worldbeater and will he be able to play w RR?   But he is a gamer.   His shot selection might be questionable, but if the Cs get a real alpha dog, then this won't be too bad.   AB could be kept, but if given the right deal he's easily gone.   He's a hustler and enjoys playing D (which is rare in the NBA).   Would you put him in the class of Dennis Johnson or PP (gave Kobe and LBJ hard times) or Don Cheaney or even Charlie Scott or KC Jones?   AB hustles but doesn't really stop anybody (or slow down is what a D player really suppose to do).   In fact the Cs had to put little Pressey on Barea vs the Wolves to slow him down.  
       Definitely JG can be traded.   Jack of all trades, master of none.   But what is worse is that he doesn't make his team better.   Doesn't know how to do the little things in big spots that lead to winning.   The wild card is Wallace.   I've always liked his game.   Another 'jack'.   He can be effective, but his teams do always seem to be underachievers.   I'm still tryn to figure him out even though I watch him much more now that he is w/ the Cs.
       All this adds up too:   Trading for.... CARMELO ANTHONY for a combination of JG, BBass, Courtney Lee, Olynyk and Marshon Brooks (how come he aint playing?).   Problem is that NYK would probably want a draft pick.   Could probably do a high lottery protected   Of course CA has to sign for 4yrs.   This way Cs have real go-to guy, some D, still pg, rebounders.   Still will need bench shooters/scorers and real defensive center.   Why not wait till free agency?   Could, but Cs still need to get rid of players to 'tank' (did I say that!) to get better draft position and CA is better than anyone in the draft.   Plus players don't play for DA willingly.   They really don't think he knows what he's doing.   With a trade you have less choice.   Just have to trade for longer.
       Why all this now???   I haven't been able to log on most of season.   Was I _____balled?

[/QUOTE]
    Why in the world we need Carmelo?Coach Stevens does not like isolation plays,that is what Carmelo does.Please,pass.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Hold on, if we could pull a Melo/Shumpert for Wallace,Bogans,Brooks and Lee, I'd do it. The numbers work,Melo is a great scorer and a an awsome trade chip. I'd do it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

LOL.

LOL!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!

sorry I fele off my chair laughing at THAT post........

NEXT!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hold on, if we could pull a Melo/Shumpert for Wallace,Bogans,Brooks and Lee, I'd do it. The numbers work,Melo is a great scorer and a an awsome trade chip. I'd do it

[/QUOTE]

hahahahahaha

greatest gift evaaaaaah!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Really? If you'd.... I'd ..... It's snowing and my plans are done so w  t f.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Melo's problem is he shoulda stayd w/ Nuggets.   Got to tweak, add and subtract.   He and LBJ (cavs) got impatient w/ their teams.   Stevens would be perfect for him.   A coach who knows how to run an offense.   Woodsen doesn't know how and Karl, like Hubie Brown, thought the coach is more important than the players.
       Besides Eric Davis, CA is the best NBAer to win a college championship in the past 10yrs (I'm not the Globe, I don't have to fact check).   Not an easy feat.  
       Know this:   the Cs aren't chop liver.   One of the best sports franchises of all time!   If good management they are a very attractive team to play for.   You don't see his talent every day.   Gotta know how to coach him (Stevens seems pretty good), and build around him.   Gives 2 all-stars (RR), rebounders.   Just what I mentioned above.   Easier to get another all-star (I'll research and tell you who later) w him on the team.   Now would have the pfs to hang w/ Pacers, the pg, Wallace can play D against George and Granger.   Nobody for Hibbert and have to improve the bench.   The team the Cs have now is nowhere near hanging w the Pacers.   And, CA is a great age for good player.

Sections
Shortcuts