who will be coach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

who will be coach?

I still think Lawrence Frank will be brought back for a low cost deal.

we are going to stink for  a year or two and need a low budget caretaker HC , who can work with the kids.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

Re: who will be coach?

In response to kdp59's comment:

we are going to stink for  a year or two and need a low budget caretaker HC , who can work with the kids.

Call me crazy, but I want Kareem Abdul Jabbar to be given his shot at a head coaching job.

Guy's the all time scoring leader, knows a thing or two about being a big, played for a legendary coach who taught fundamentals and winning. Has been an assistant, taught a raw bynum to be a allstar big when healthy. And won a championship his only head coaching job in his 1 year in minor league basketball before becoming an assistant coach in the nba.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Frank is an assistant in Brooklyn and Kareem is a jerk that nobody wants around in LA-let alone Boston

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I'd rather bring Pitino back than let Jabbar coach the Celtics.

You need someone who can coach our young big men, who better? He's been an assistant for the Sonic, the clippers, the Lakers. He knows about the Celtics glory days and winning. He knows about fundamentals and has proven he can coach up a young project.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to jrmccook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'd rather bring Pitino back than let Jabbar coach the Celtics.

You need someone who can coach our young big men, who better? He's been an assistant for the Sonic, the clippers, the Lakers. He knows about the Celtics glory days and winning. He knows about fundamentals and has proven he can coach up a young project.

[/QUOTE]

Let's agree to disagree.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, And that hurt to suggest him. My parents had season tickets from 75-87 until we moved. I Don't think Ewing has coached anyone, and couldn't think of another bigman coach who has coached a complete player big outside of Mchale with KG, but he's already taken. Clifford Ray has coached partial bigmen (see dwight howard and perk's limited games for examples).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

Call me crazy, but I want Kareem Abdul Jabbar to be given his shot at a head coaching job.

Guy's the all time scoring leader, knows a thing or two about being a big, played for a legendary coach who taught fundamentals and winning. Has been an assistant, taught a raw bynum to be a allstar big when healthy. And won a championship his only head coaching job in his 1 year in minor league basketball before becoming an assistant coach in the nba.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if Jabbar has the personality to deal with Rondo's personality.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if Jabbar has the personality to deal with Rondo's personality.

[/QUOTE]

I could envision Rondo and Kareem doing this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBRJ2qCx5VM

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

been saying for days now Stan Van Gundy.................you watch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FL33178. Show FL33178's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

been saying for days now Stan Van Gundy.................you watch

I agree..Stan Van Gundy will be the coach..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Rondo for playercoach:-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to spewey's comment:

Frank is an assistant in Brooklyn and Kareem is a jerk that nobody wants around in LA-let alone Boston

did Kidd add Frank to the staff?

I hadn't seen that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

I'd like to hire the guy from the Rockets, the architect of their offense, J.B. Bickerstaff. Supposedly has a good understanding of advanced metrics, which  Ainge likes, and has shown he can get a lot out of a young team. Plus, if I am going to be watching the Celtics lose next year, it will be more fun to watch them lose high scoring games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Did you see him last night? For an NBA legend, he can barely speak english.

I am all for taking a risk. Get a former player looking to coach, preferably a big man or point guard. Someone who has a good rapport with current and former players. Someone who could (down the road in 2-3 years) bring in a top free agent. 

What about Doc Rivers?

JOKING

Sections
Shortcuts