Who Will Be The 3rd Superstar?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Who Will Be The 3rd Superstar?

Rondo?   A superstar?

• BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    • If, and that's a mega "IF", Love manages to be swept away by DA and Boston's sales pitch and a deal is made top bring him here, it will be the $$ and the aura of the Celtics and the presence of knowledgable fans and not Rondo being here that will seal the deal. NOBODY is coming here to play with Wee Devilman PG. Guys who are signed to other clubs might talk a good game about how great Rondo is, but not one single FA is coming here to be on a team with the psychotic ball hog.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

If Sullinger is that good then Sullinger and the 6th pick should get us Love.  That is not giving up all the picks that we have.
    If Sullinger is not that good then Love will be a significant improvement.  It makes sense to me to do this trade.  This will have to be coupled with a salary dump trade (Wallace to Utah?).  I think that fireworks are coming this off season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Sullinger is that good then Sullinger and the 6th pick should get us Love.  That is not giving up all the picks that we have.
    If Sullinger is not that good then Love will be a significant improvement.  It makes sense to me to do this trade.  This will have to be coupled with a salary dump trade (Wallace to Utah?).  I think that fireworks are coming this off season.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1 In DA we trust! 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We will still need a Center even if we get Love. As there is no way we'll get Embiid at #6 we need use it to get Love and then someone mentioned Luol Deng but he still is only a PF at 6'9". We need a 7 footer banger and I say we go after Asik. People might say the Heat don't have a Tim Duncan but Bosh, although a PF, is a 7 footer and Birdman has been instrumental in the post. We could have had him for peanuts. Are we going to depend upon Vitor Faverani ??? I think not. I would take Hibbert but only in a fire sale getting rid of some of our trash and maybe 1-2 future trade picks and maybe a new team would motivate him but I still think he's too soft and double doubles would be infrequent...I'd rather have Asik.

Speaking of good PFs, I am reading in SF papers that David Lee may be traded. He is not a Love but he was GS's best rebounder and many times a double double. Problem is he gets hurt frequently but if we got him cheaply ??? Of course, Steve Kerr maybe overestimating Lee's value as I read GS is trying to trade Lee & others for Love and/or Carmelo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce, no need to post these things like they are some personal slight against your way of thinking. What is this? A war of the best thought process for all arm-chair GMs? Future telling is not being realistic either my friend. It's a guess, not a definite. Unless you're someone with actual inside info. Not some formula you have cooked up for the best way to read into such things. Washington Wizards aren't the Boston Celtics. Two different ownership groups. And Rajon Rondo is not John Wall. You may well be right. You might be wrong. We'll have to wait to find out the definite.

It's an idea Fierce, not a prediction. Ownership has stated that they would be willing to pay as long as we're winning. I'm not the cap guru that you are, but Wallace is only a burden on our books for another 2 years. That would be 1 year with Rondo and Loves' new contracts (if that were to happen). Is that right? If so, Wallace putting the C's over the cap for 1 year might be ok with ownership. Who knows?

As for naming a 3rd star player to add. I don't know Fierce. Could be anyone. Could be no one. What I do know, is that building around 2 proven young stars is better then praying on uncertain draft picks to pan out. Hey, I hope Kelly does turn into your Dirk 2.0, I really do. It's just a bigger gamble then taking the actual Dirk, is all I'm saying.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Neither Rondo nor Love is a Superstar.

Overrated and overpaid.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Interesting possible additions to a Rondo/Love led team.

Possible long term core players:    Damian Lillard,  Dion Waiters, Lance Stephenson, Klay Thompson, Eric Gordon, Bradley Beal, Jimmy Butler, Aaron Afflalo, Luol Deng, Gerald Green, Melo, Brook Lopez, Marc Gasol, Al Jefferson, Omer Asik, Marcin Gortat, Deandre Jordan.

Shorter term Stopgaps or Glue guys:   Paul Pierce, Danny Granger, Trevor Ariza, Pau Gasol, Samuel Dalembert, Vince Carter, Shawn Marion, KG, Shane Battier, Leandro Barbosa

Every player on this list is only signed with their current team through the 2015-16 season only, so they can possibly be acquired through trade as expiring contracts or sign and trade situations, or perhaps the draw of playing with Love and Rondo can actually entice a free agent to choose Boston.  

Notice there is no Durant, Lebron, or Duncan on my list as THEY AREN'T COMING HERE!  

But there are a lot of great players in the league, not just 3, and a lot of ways to build a winner, not just one.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Overrated and overpaid.

[/QUOTE]  I have to agree, although i think Love is close, and i'm all for getting him if we don't have to give up all our future assets.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Are there any other teams that can offer 3 number 1 picks?  If not, why are there a lot of fans that want to offer Sully and 3 # 1s?  They don't have to offer the best package they have available. Only the best package being offered. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are there any other teams that can offer 3 number 1 picks?  If not, why are there a lot of fans that want to offer Sully and 3 # 1s?  They don't have to offer the best package they have available. Only the best package being offered. 

[/QUOTE]

I think Chicago's rumored offer is going to drive the price up. Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler, #16 & #19 in this years draft.  That's going to be tough to beat. Gibson and Butler are both probably equal or better young prospects than Sully but we will have either Randle or Vonleh to offer as well.  Also if Golden State decides they are willing to include Klay Thompson (Im sure they will, just more posturing) we may just be out of luck, no matter how many firsts we throw in.  

A friend of mine from Minnesota who is a longtime TWolves fan brought up the point that he would be upset with a Celtic/Love deal because he believes that, except this years #6, all of our picks will be late in the round anyway because the Nets, Clippers, and the Celtics with Love will all be playoff teams for the foreseeable future.  Hopefully the TWolves organization doesn't feel the same way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

1) I agree with Fierce, Rondo-Love is just a small step above Rubio-Love, and I'm just as concerned about going 'all in' on them as a duo of the future.

2) As one of the few Posters to try and answer your question- Who would our 3rd superstar be?  Seems like although Pierce, Garnett, and Ray got equal billing - at the time this three-some was formed - Pierce and Garnett were the superstars and Ray was the best supporting actor.  I think we could start with the obvious and discuss ways to bring over Gordon Hayward, and I'd have to no problem if DA tries to lure Lance Stephenson following his negative criticism with guarding Lebron.  Someone mentioned OJ Mayo who I'm sure MIL would give us for a ham sandwich, and what about Rudy Gay?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Overrated and overpaid.

[/QUOTE]  I have to agree, although i think Love is close, and i'm all for getting him if we don't have to give up all our future assets.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather trade Rondo for Gordon Hayward.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Anthony , Love and Rondo will need to agree to sign for less if they want to attract the pieces needed to win it all, old post but a interesting idea.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Love, Rondo and Anthony...the lineup that will never be!

And why would anyone want that lineup anyway? They would play ZERO defense and have to fight over the ball, or more precisely, fight over which one gets to shoot after RONDON'T dribbles away 23 seconds of the 24 second clock.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce, no need to post these things like they are some personal slight against your way of thinking. What is this? A war of the best thought process for all arm-chair GMs? Future telling is not being realistic either my friend. It's a guess, not a definite. Unless you're someone with actual inside info. Not some formula you have cooked up for the best way to read into such things. Washington Wizards aren't the Boston Celtics. Two different ownership groups. And Rajon Rondo is not John Wall. You may well be right. You might be wrong. We'll have to wait to find out the definite.

It's an idea Fierce, not a prediction. Ownership has stated that they would be willing to pay as long as we're winning. I'm not the cap guru that you are, but Wallace is only a burden on our books for another 2 years. That would be 1 year with Rondo and Loves' new contracts (if that were to happen). Is that right? If so, Wallace putting the C's over the cap for 1 year might be ok with ownership. Who knows?

As for naming a 3rd star player to add. I don't know Fierce. Could be anyone. Could be no one. What I do know, is that building around 2 proven young stars is better then praying on uncertain draft picks to pan out. Hey, I hope Kelly does turn into your Dirk 2.0, I really do. It's just a bigger gamble then taking the actual Dirk, is all I'm saying.

[object HTMLDivElement]

BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Fiercy has forgotten more pro basketball knowledge then you could ever dream of having princess. Now skip off to your yellow and purple NAMBLA meeting and leave the men be.

BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like I said, if you're going to acquire Love, you have to go after Carmelo.

Lots of Carmelo-Love-Rondo Boston Big 3 talk on the internet right now. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, for the people on here that are satisfied making the playoff then that should make them happy. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Let's get one first before we think about the third.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well, for the people on here that are satisfied making the playoff then that should make them happy. 

[/QUOTE]

Rondo and Love will just make the Celts a playoff team like you said.

But having Rondo-Love-Carmelo puts the Celts on the level of the Pacers, Clips, OKC, and Houston.

[/QUOTE]

Re: But having Rondo-Love-Carmelo puts the Celts on the level of the Pacers, Clips, OKC, and Houston.

Is your inference that these teams are not and have not been Champion calibre teams ? Add a Center like Asik to Rondo, Love & Carmelo & I think we could compete. Keep Oly & Sully as backup PFs and Centers and A. Bradley and Johnson who can play G or F. Get rid of the trash, Wallace, Bass, Green, Bayless & Pressey. Try to keep Hump if possible and bring back PP for 15 min per game.  Yup, I would like this team for maybe # 18 next year.