Who will help Garnett?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Who will help Garnett?

It has been talked about a lot, but Garnett is all alone up front to compete for rebounds with Bynum and other big man.  It is not a good formula for a whole season.  Those who think we addressed this issue with Sullinger and Melo are dreaming.  

We need a Varajeo type of player.  If we don't we are relying on a miracle that Melo is a bona fide big man in his rookie year.  KG needs protection.  This notion that we are locked and loaded to win a championship without this being addressed is fantasy.  DA and Doc must know this, so is something else coming?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Re: Who will help Garnett?

I agree concord. Everyone is all excited but this team can not rebound. If you don't rebound you don't win championships. It's that simple. Who is going to help Garnett? That is a very big ?.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

aINGE'S wings -- fast and furious
       modern nba don't need center - according to some....Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Boston has the worst rebounding frontcourt in the NBA with Garnett, Bass, Wilcox, Green Collins. Having depth at guard is great but you have to get the ball first...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Garnett needs help up front, but we are still knocking on the door Mark.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Who will help Garnett?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will help Garnett? : agree! we need a rebounder, but we dont need varejao. we need a rebounder at the same time can do defensive stops! McGee would be the better fit for C's Bass, Pierce, bradley for McGee and Chandler
    Posted by The BIG TICKET[/QUOTE]

And why would Denver make that trade?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Who will help Garnett?:
    [QUOTE]It has been talked about a lot, but Garnett is all alone up front to compete for rebounds with Bynum and other big man.  It is not a good formula for a whole season.  Those who think we addressed this issue with Sullinger and Melo are dreaming.   We need a Varajeo type of player.  If we don't we are relying on a miracle that Melo is a bona fide big man in his rookie year.  KG needs protection.  This notion that we are locked and loaded to win a championship without this being addressed is fantasy.  DA and Doc must know this, so is something else coming?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

As per Mchampion, I agree with you.....
    As opposed to some other comments, I do think we have some good wing rebounders.  And in a crunch they, Wilcox and Green, can play center but are not the answer. Plus Rondo is the best rebounding guard in the game. We have not dominated the paint since Parrish, McHale & Bird days---could be one of the reasons we have one title in 25 years. Without having a 5-10 rebound edge allowing 2nd chances, we need shoot 45-50% to not worry so much about the offensive boards, not easy to always do.  Garnett is not a center and, although muscular does not have the beef to combat with Bynum & Howard. More important, he is best suited, as one of the very best power forwards, to shooting 5-15 ft jumpers over 6'8" & 6'9" forwards. Gasol, like KG, is also a great power forward & I think he'll have a picnic scoring & rebounding this year as unlike KG, defenders will need concentrate on Howard. We don't have a Howard to divert defenders from KG. Hopefully, Melo & Sully will develope quickly but I'd like to get Varejao, a feisty scrapper to play along side KG. He's not a great defender and it'd be nice to get a good shot blocker too but I'd be happy if he could give us some 10+ rebounds.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will help Garnett? : agree! we need a rebounder, but we dont need varejao. we need a rebounder at the same time can do defensive stops! McGee would be the better fit for C's Bass, Pierce, bradley for McGee and Chandler
    Posted by The BIG TICKET[/QUOTE]
    First off you underate Varajeo.  Your trade would be a good one.  I don't see why Denver would do it though.  Varajeo is a tasmanian devil on the court. He would be a monster on the offensive end rebounding and keeping the ball alive on the boards for our quicker players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]The worst rebouding team made it to game 7 of the conference finals... Who will help Garnett? Wilcox & Collins. Sullinger & Bass. Green & Pierce. Bradley & Lee. Rondo & Jet. Its called a TEAM.
    Posted by R9R[/QUOTE]
    Everyone knows they are team.  It does not mean they do not need to fill important needs.  They need a banger.

Sections
Shortcuts