Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday?

In Response to Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday?:
    [QUOTE]Any ideas? I would like to see them draft Jeremy Tyler.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

In typical fashion Ainge will pick some obscure guy who he thinks will be a steal but will s u c k...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday? : In typical fashion Ainge will pick some obscure guy who he thinks will be a steal but will s u c k...
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

haaa....well some people here are still optimistic about Bradley..I hope this is the year he will play and try to erase those air shots out of my mind!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

jeremy tyler

tim ambromaitis

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Jordan Williams I just think he will be best available at 25 unless somone falls

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

My wish list:

1st round - JuJuan Johnson (Purdue)
    2nd round  - DeAndre Liggins (Kentucky)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

jon leuer would also look good in green.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Brooks if he is still on the board! If not Tyler or Justin Harper. Second round try to move up and get Benson, or Reggie Jackson!  I don't think this draft will be as bad as people are thinking it will be!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcceltics. Show jcceltics's posts

1st rd- Singler
    2nd rd- Hopson

Smith could be nice LLE, I would rather pick up a 4 with a little more length who plays above the rim.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]1st rd- Singler 2nd rd- Hopson Smith could be nice LLE, I would rather pick up a 4 with a little more length who plays above the rim.
    Posted by jcceltics[/QUOTE]

i like it...

singler

hopson

if we could get a big in the 2nd would be nice...but i like singler.
    trade up in 2nd for jon leuer?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

[QUOTE]I have to admit that I am not excited....(I have watched the NBA and NFL Draft for as long as they have been televised).....but there is not much talent....and Doc (my biggest gripe) does not play the kids....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

That is so true, Doc does not play young newcomers. Which made the trade for Jeff Green real shaky last year because of Doc's history.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Going on who the smeltics have drafted the last 20 odd years, no doubt he'll be a scrub!

HA HA HA HA HA!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]Going on who the smeltics have drafted the last 20 odd years, no doubt he'll be a scrub! HA HA HA HA HA!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

The NBA Draft is like Christmas morning, teams like the Celtics get to open a present. Too bad the Lakers will just be watching other teams open their presents.Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelitcsFoo. Show CelitcsFoo's posts

[QUOTE]Going on who the smeltics have drafted the last 20 odd years, no doubt he'll be a scrub! HA HA HA HA HA!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

You're right, we should have drafted guys like Marcus Douthit, Demetrius Calip, John Celestand et al.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrientalYakuza. Show OrientalYakuza's posts

25th pick? kiss it goodbye!
    don't kid yourself -- garbage after 12Th

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]25th pick? kiss it goodbye! don't kid yourself -- garbage after 12Th
    Posted by OrientalYakuza[/QUOTE]

CHE is that you?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jakbs. Show jakbs's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I would like to see them take a shot at JuJaun Johnson he might be around at 25.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

D West and T Allen 24th and 25th, Perk 27th, Orien Greene 34th, Giddens 30th, blah blah blah............  who cares who they draft at 25.... the guy will have absolutely no impact and lucky to even break into the rotation.... why is this so hard to digest?  Generally speaking if you don't have a top 10 pick you pretty much are not getting a player.... add to this that this is widely considered a very weak draft........

Who cares who they draft at 25?......

They will add a guy at 25 who will almost never play and never contribute but this kid, whoever he is, will become the steal of the draft, the sleeper, etc. but of course on BDC he will become a rookie of the year candidate before he straps on his jock.  Then 3 years from now there will be threads that suggest that Danny has no idea what he is doing...... the thread will be started by the same guys that suggest that Danny has drafted the best sleeper, the best tweener, the steal of the draft...... but of course the same people can never ever ever ever come to accept that they have no idea what they are talking about but are more than glad to get caught in the hype and think that somehow Danny has pulled of the deal of the century and what Danny has actually done is .......

drumrolll please.......

pick someone that could have been taken a lot later.... has already had 4 players taken at the same position that are much better.... left 2 all-stars on the board.... and left 6 players that when all is said and done will be better than the player than Danny selected.....

So then there will be threads that say "Danny should be fired", "Doc should be fired", and "if Doc played the young guys, they would be much better off"......

In reality, Danny will make a decision on a player and we will see over time that many players left on the board will be much better than the player than Danny selected but Danny is still a genius........and of course Danny should be fired.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

In this order: Brooks Vucivic Tyler Williams Giddens

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcceltics. Show jcceltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday? : D West and T Allen 24th and 25th, Perk 27th, Orien Greene 34th, Giddens 30th, blah blah blah............  who cares who they draft at 25.... the guy will have absolutely no impact and lucky to even break into the rotation.... why is this so hard to digest?  Generally speaking if you don't have a top 10 pick you pretty much are not getting a player.... add to this that this is widely considered a very weak draft........ Who cares who they draft at 25?...... They will add a guy at 25 who will almost never play and never contribute but this kid, whoever he is, will become the steal of the draft, the sleeper, etc. but of course on BDC he will become a rookie of the year candidate before he straps on his jock.  Then 3 years from now there will be threads that suggest that Danny has no idea what he is doing...... the thread will be started by the same guys that suggest that Danny has drafted the best sleeper, the best tweener, the steal of the draft...... but of course the same people can never ever ever ever come to accept that they have no idea what they are talking about but are more than glad to get caught in the hype and think that somehow Danny has pulled of the deal of the century and what Danny has actually done is ....... drumrolll please....... pick someone that could have been taken a lot later.... has already had 4 players taken at the same position that are much better.... left 2 all-stars on the board.... and left 6 players that when all is said and done will be better than the player than Danny selected..... So then there will be threads that say "Danny should be fired", "Doc should be fired", and "if Doc played the young guys, they would be much better off"...... In reality, Danny will make a decision on a player and we will see over time that many players left on the board will be much better than the player than Danny selected but Danny is still a genius........and of course Danny should be fired.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I cared that they drafted Rondo with the 21st pick(or traded PHX for). That pick had some impact? Now if he had drafted Marcus Williams he may have been fired, but he didn't so he's a genius.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

My gut tells me that with the uncertainty of the new CBA, and the possibility that there will be no MLE next year, not a lot of trades will be made on draft night.  That being said, I anticipate we will keep our draft pick, as will most teams.  We have a need.  We need a Center....even a backup at this stage.  I like Tyler, but he is more of a forward, he is heavy, and he is a headcase.  So, I would like to hear on Friday:

"With the 25th pick in the 2011 NBA draft, The Boston Celtics select, Nikola Vucevic, USC."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I wonder if some one went to your work, and looked at all your decisions from two years ago, and pointed out only the negatives, how that would square with you...Dudder...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts