Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday?

They may mix the choice with a player and trade for a good vet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I have to admit that I am not excited....(I have watched the NBA and NFL Draft for as long as they have been televised).....but there is not much talent....and Doc (my biggest gripe) does not play the kids....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

You guys are all too hard on Doc.  He played Rondo, West, Gomes, Baby, Perkins, Jefferson, et al.

If they are talented, they will play.  He even played Erden last year.  Hudson, Giddens and Harangody are barely good enough to make a roster.  Walker was hurt, and didn't play D.  I am fairly confident that Doc would play Kyrie Irving if he came to the Celtics!

For the record, I want to take Vucecic!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

as always, good post Red....you make some valid points on the kids.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

yea, I would love the C's to give Tyler a try. He has played professionally overseas and looks athletic plus tall...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

I say try to package this years pick, next years clipper/minny pick and bradley to try and get someone to clog the paint. If we do draft, Tyler and Williams are intriguing late 1st prospects. This draft might be the worst in the league's recent history, so I don't expect much.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Considering David Kahn signed Darko for the money he did, I think swindling him is something that can be done. We would need to give him Green, but if we made a blockbuster deal in which we sent all of our picks (2012 LAC/Minny) with Green and Bradley, we could get the #2 and another one of their players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday?:
    [QUOTE]Any ideas? I would like to see them draft Jeremy Tyler.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

i think it's between Jordan Williams, jeremy Tyler, Justin harper and jajuan Johnson if we're drafting for a big
    but if we go with the best available player regardless of position strategie then we could see Marshon brooks, Reggie jackson or Tyler honeycutt in green.
    i personnaly like Jeremy Tyler because he's a legit 6'11 pf/c with an inside out game. The other bigs are good but they're either too small to play center (Jordan Williams, justin harper both 6'9) or they need to add some bulk to their frame in order to play center(jajuan Johnson 6'10 220 lbs, that's like a small forward)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to Re: Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday?:
    [QUOTE]You guys are all too hard on Doc.  He played Rondo, West, Gomes, Baby, Perkins, Jefferson, et al. If they are talented, they will play.  He even played Erden last year.  Hudson, Giddens and Harangody are barely good enough to make a roster.  Walker was hurt, and didn't play D.  I am fairly confident that Doc would play Kyrie Irving if he came to the Celtics! For the record, I want to take Vucecic!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100% Walker could have played if he actually tried to play defense, he is quick, strong and athletic enough to guard most 2's and 3's in the NBA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday?:
    [QUOTE]Any ideas? I would like to see them draft Jeremy Tyler.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

i want Tyler too but reports are that he's a headcase.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

kyle singler...this draft is not that good...i'd take a chance on singler.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

The best thing to do, if it's true that this draft is weak, is to trade the 25th pick for a future 1st round pick. That way the Celts will not be burdened by the guaranteed contract the Celts will have to give to the 1st round pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Let me add by saying it sux to have nothing to talk about if your team doesn't have a 1st round pick. lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]The best thing to do, if it's true that this draft is weak, is to trade the 25th pick for a future 1st round pick. That way the Celts will not be burdened by the guaranteed contract the Celts will have to give to the 1st round pick.
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

I doubt we get someones future #1 for our #25...unless its in year 2055

I do agree we could trade that pick for something or use as part of a package.

I dont think it matters who we draft cause as long as the Big 3 can be driven like rented mules, Doc isnt gonna ive him much, if any time... unless its one of those miracle #25 picks///

Doc  played Perk & Rondo cause there were no Big 3 around when they were on the team... sure, Baby developed but only because KG went down,... until then, Baby got a little more time than Scalabrine. IN the championship year, I dont think Baby got in the finals until the 3rd or 4th game

Doc has habit of overplaying the Big 3 and the rest of his starters....look at our draft picks since the Big3 arrived...all getting splinters on the bench or traded

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday? : I doubt we get someones future #1 for our #25...unless its in year 2055 I do agree we could trade that pick for something or use as part of a package. I dont think it matters who we draft cause as long as the Big 3 can be driven like rented mules, Doc isnt gonna ive him much, if any time... unless its one of those miracle #25 picks/// Doc  played Perk & Rondo cause there were no Big 3 around when they were on the team... sure, Baby developed but only because KG went down,... until then, Baby got a little more time than Scalabrine. IN the championship year, I dont think Baby got in the finals until the 3rd or 4th game Doc has habit of overplaying the Big 3 and the rest of his starters....look at our draft picks since the Big3 arrived...all getting splinters on the bench or traded
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

which of these young players desrved more playing time? Starters play 33-38 min a game on every team. The only player I feel plays too much is RA (only when he plays 40+ min.). I have no problem with the min. of KG (31.3) or Pierce (34.7).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday? : I doubt we get someones future #1 for our #25...unless its in year 2055 I do agree we could trade that pick for something or use as part of a package. I dont think it matters who we draft cause as long as the Big 3 can be driven like rented mules, Doc isnt gonna ive him much, if any time... unless its one of those miracle #25 picks/// Doc  played Perk & Rondo cause there were no Big 3 around when they were on the team... sure, Baby developed but only because KG went down,... until then, Baby got a little more time than Scalabrine. IN the championship year, I dont think Baby got in the finals until the 3rd or 4th game Doc has habit of overplaying the Big 3 and the rest of his starters....look at our draft picks since the Big3 arrived...all getting splinters on the bench or traded
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

That's because, again, picking so late, they weren't any good!  If they are good, he'll play them!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

I think they'll draft JuJuan Johnson

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Vucevic, then Benson

LLE on Smith

MLE on Crawford.

Makes us two deep at every position.  May not get past MIA, but we will be good and fun to watch!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will the Celtics draft on Thursday? : Which Smith?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Craig Smith

Sections
Shortcuts