Whom do you feel will improve first, Lakers or Celtics ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Comments---try to be unbiased---because we have 2 different type teams as they have Two 7 footers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

OK, I'm a long time Celtic fan so, of course, biased, but I feel we have 10 players to mix & match to find the right/best winning chemistry. In fact, I feel we could field 2 starting fairly competitive NBA teams with our 10 best players. What I liked best in our loss to the Heat was that we can't say we were outrebounded as we did frequently last year. What made us competitive was good "D" and shooting 45-50% to make up for few rebounds but, naturally, couldn't keep up the shooting % night after night. We got 41 rebs to Miami's 36 but they shot almost 55% and 50% on their 3s. They ain't going to be so hot every night and Ray Allen getting 19 pts hurt too. I feel we have the best wing rebounders(6'9") combination in the game & the best rebounding guard, Rondo, and as Sully improves and maybe we get lucky and Darko gives us some good "D" and rebounds, we should be competitive even with the big center teams.

The Lakers---well their starting 5 was supposed to be championship almost unstoppable material but they've lost 2 in a row and in not close games.  And could their next 5 players be another NBA team as I feel ours could be...I rest my case !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Whom do you feel will improve first, Lakers or Celtics ???

Difference between Boston and LA is that Boston have better bench players than the Lakers.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I think the final result  what matter. The Celtics will make to playoff but will be eliminated early -- the lakers will last a bit longer and could be in the final.

Celtics is not good enough for me this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the final result  what matter. The Celtics will make to playoff but will be eliminated early -- the lakers will last a bit longer and could be in the final.

[/QUOTE]
    It is too early in the season to make that prediction.  Many of the NBA analysts believe that the Celtics are the 2nd best team in the Eastern Conference.  Wait until  the end of December to evalute this team.  We have a lot of new players and it will take a while for them to develop team chemistry. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

Celtics. Lakers have finally realized that in the end, there is only ONE basketball in the game and they have to share it. It doesn't matter how many superstars a team has. They're going to share the ball meaning someone is going to see a drop in production. Lakers are in the some problem that the Celtics were in last season. Old and no offensive production from the bench. Problem is, their defensive efficiency is no where close to the Celtics' last year, not with Nash playing and not with a bench that is probably the among the worst in history.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

The Celtics will develop chemistry between starters and bench. I believe they are better defensively than what they showed against the Heat. I agree with susan it's too early and 1 game in doesn't constitute a true evaluation. Rondo has to be the leader, it's his team. When his head is in the game he is unstoppable. Can't wear out PP and Garnett. Need another big like Darko to clog the middle when KG isn't in the game. I like the bench especially with Barbossa and Terry. I believe Sullinger will be a contributor. When Bradley comes back healthy that's a defensive stopper.  The Lakers to mee are too old, Nash already injured and watching trying to cover Damien Lillard was funny. Kobe got wear and tear, Metta world Peace is on the downside and the only one who may be consistent is Gasol. Howard's back could be a concern. Lakers got absolutely no bench. Want to see how long the Princeton offense will work. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Bostonfan,

I think Celtics. There're 3 reasons.

1. Better coach.

2. Celtics have only 1 new starter vs 2 in LAL

3. Nash's injury can add time for their improvement

AK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Snap judgements are never very accurate.  Predicting a title or final has everything to do with the unknown and injuries.  We have no idea.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics scored 107 points on the home court of the defending champs and were within 4 with 2 mins to go and played a competitive first half... all while new acquisitions Green and Terry played nervous and tried too hard and Bradley/Wilcox remain hurt.

The Lakers trailed wire to wire against FAR inferior talent, Dallas without Dirk at home and a lotto team on the road. Nash is 38 and got hurt. Dwight is a supertstar top 5 player (apparently) who should be changing games on defense alone and not needing the time to adjust that Green and Terry do, and Kobe, Artest and Gasol are all seasoned vets who played together for years and are younger than Pierce and KG, shouldn't they be able to carry La past these weak teams all by themselves?

The C's are way ahead of LA right now... who will improve fatser is hard to say b/c the Lakers clearly have a long way to go, but it can only get better from here (right?).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

The premise is that the Celtics are currently not that good and needs to improve?  I think we are fine as it is.  We just played the obvious best team in the league who improved a lot with Ray and Lewis additions.  Let's wait a few games first?  OTH, I have no idea what is going on with the Lakers, on paper, the Lakers should be good also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

No disrespect intended to the OP, but it's November 1st and the Celts played the defending champs on their home floor.  Hard to tell much after 1 game.  And does anyone really believe the Lakers won't figure things out?  I think Howard has all the skill in the world but I am not so sure he has the desire and smarts to lead his team to a championship.  That doesn't mean I think the Lakers go 0-82. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

celtics- have it together more than the lakers at this moment.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Comments---try to be unbiased---because we have 2 different type teams as they have Two 7 footers.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously, Celtics will improve with several winnable games in the next week or so.  Probably, 7-3 over first 10.  Lackers on the other hand looked atrocious in first 2 with their big ticket players looking shocked that mighty Mavericks and pitiful Portland didn't roll over and play dead based on the Fakers projected "best of the Less-tern Conference" title.  Lacker fans may want to get used to KoMe's declining skills and him yanking up  40-50 shots a game to score his 30 or so points.  Some things never change!!!!!!!!!!

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

Sections
Shortcuts