WHO'S GOING TO TELL PIERCE AND KG?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

WHO'S GOING TO TELL PIERCE AND KG?

Last night was another pretty clear example that Garnett and Pierce can no longer carry this team on anything like a consistent basis, even quarter to quarter, let along game to game.

But someone's got to tell them that. They don't seem to understand that's what's happening.

Pierce, for sure, doesn't get it. He's still babbles about 'inconsistency' and 'shots we usually make" after cranking up a series of comeback-destroying heat-checks and spitting up a couple of fumbling, dumb, and just plain clumsy turnovers. His transition defense is mostly comical, and  he blithely takes possessions off at the defensive end, does his little hand-clap when his man scores, and then jogs to the other end thinking he'll make up for it by scoring himself. 

KG, in the past two games has made 4/5 of the most logic-defying passes you'll ever see by anyone, let alone a HOF player. Bizarre, really, but not more bizarre than when against the Bobcats (!), 1-2 feet from the basket, directly facing the hoop, arms upraised, no one in front of him, the ball came into his hands. I can't even explain what happened next other than to say the ball left, seemed to hit his hands twice on the way out, smacked the backboard somewhere near the top of the square and skidded off part of the back side of the rim. I think. Equally stupefyng was watching Lopez hit him with a drive-reverse move last night in ultra-slow motion (with a tip of the hat to Jason Terry for not moving the 3 inches that would have saved KG from the embarassment.)

I'm not even going to mention Rondo, Green, Lee, or Terry again My point is that if the Big Two still think they're the team-carriers, but they aren't, who's ready to tell them that and that there are times now that they get carried by someone else? 

Because it's also going to mean telling Pierce to stop chucking up shots, stop dribbling into a maze of hands and feet, stop coughing up crap passes, to try meeting the balls thrown to him, to get out in front on the break, cut hard, and get back in transition? 

Who on this squad is wired that way?    More tellingly, in the wake of any trade, who from the outside would be able to enter this locker room/environment and supplant/share the leadership role of the Big Two?

FOOTNOTE: Saying this was Rondo's team was a nice bit of puffery. But saying it will never translate into Rondo being able to control a game by making big shots in key situations. As it stands now this team is a .500 team no matter whose team it is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Re: WHO'S GOING TO TELL PIERCE AND KG?

Last night was another pretty clear example that Garnett and Pierce can no longer carry this team on anything like a consistent basis, even quarter to quarter, let along game to game.

But someone's got to tell them that. They don't seem to understand that's what's happening.

Pierce, for sure, doesn't get it. He's still babbles about 'inconsistency' and 'shots we usually make" after cranking up a series of comeback-destroying heat-checks and spitting up a couple of fumbling, dumb, and just plain clumsy turnovers. His transition defense is mostly comical, and  he blithely takes possessions off at the defensive end, does his little hand-clap when his man scores, and then jogs to the other end thinking he'll make up for it by scoring himself. 

KG, in the past two games has made 4/5 of the most logic-defying passes you'll ever see by anyone, let alone a HOF player. Bizarre, really, but not more bizarre than when against the Bobcats (!), 1-2 feet from the basket, directly facing the hoop, arms upraised, no one in front of him, the ball came into his hands. I can't even explain what happened next other than to say the ball left, seemed to hit his hands twice on the way out, smacked the backboard somewhere near the top of the square and skidded off part of the back side of the rim. I think. Equally stupefyng was watching Lopez hit him with a drive-reverse move last night in ultra-slow motion (with a tip of the hat to Jason Terry for not moving the 3 inches that would have saved KG from the embarassment.)

I'm not even going to mention Rondo, Green, Lee, or Terry again My point is that if the Big Two still think they're the team-carriers, but they aren't, who's ready to tell them that and that there are times now that they get carried by someone else? 

Because it's also going mean telling Pierce to stop chucking up shots, stop dribbling into a maze of hands and feet, stop coughing up crap passes, to try meeting the balls thrown to him, to get out in front on the break, cut hard, and get back in transition? 

Who on this squad is wired that way?    More tellingly, in the wake of any trade, who from the outside would be able to this locker room/environment and supplant/share the leadership role of the Big Two?

FOOTNOTE: Saying this was Rondo's team was a nice bit of puffery. But saying it will never translate into Rondo being able to control a game by making big shots in key situations. As it stands now this team is a .500 team no matter whose team it is.

I totally agree with you. It is time to start anew with the following.

1. Get rid of Bass, Terry and Green while teams still think they are good players.

2. Tell Garnet to play center, not guard, or please retire this year.

3. I love Pierce, but it makes more sense to trade him while he still has some value and or leaves the team this year for a contender.

4. Play Sullinger at least 30 minutes per game till he figures out how to stop fouling so much.

5. Play Barbosa at least 20 minutes per game. He and Rondo are the only ones that can make their shots without any help, especially Barbosa.

6. Get some big players that can rebound and shot block.

7. Get rid of Collins. I can't believe Doc likes him.Does that say something about Doc's basketball IQ??

8. You have to love Avery Bradley. He needs to play more minutes. 

9. Give Courtney Lee more minutes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:

Because it's also going mean telling Pierce to stop chucking up shots, stop dribbling into a maze of hands and feet, stop coughing up crap passes, to try meeting the balls thrown to him, to get out in front on the break, cut hard, and get back in transition? 

Who on this squad is wired that way?    More tellingly, in the wake of any trade, who from the outside would be able to this locker room/environment and supplant/share the leadership role of the Big Two?

I totally agree with you. It is time to start anew with the following.

1. Get rid of Bass, Terry and Green while teams still think they are good players.

2. Tell Garnet to play center, not guard, or please retire this year.

3. I love Pierce, but it makes more sense to trade him while he still has some value and or leaves the team this year for a contender.

4. Play Sullinger at least 30 minutes per game till he figures out how to stop fouling so much.

5. Play Barbosa at least 20 minutes per game. He and Rondo are the only ones that can make their shots without any help, especially Barbosa.

6. Get some big players that can rebound and shot block.

7. Get rid of Collins. I can't believe Doc likes him.Does that say something about Doc's basketball IQ??

8. You have to love Avery Bradley. He needs to play more minutes. 

9. Give Courtney Lee more minutes.

You obviously have no aspirations of winning a title this year with that plan. That's a drastic, knee jerk plan that would make a salary cap guru would just shake his head.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

uhm after one loss? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

If I were to buy in to your "changes", I'd say that:

1. You KEEP Terry. If not, you need a mean scorer. I'd take M Ellis.

2. You do a PP for RG straight up trade. Helps both teams.

3. Send Green to UTAH for Millsap

4. Put a Bass trade for a Center ... like Dalembert, Gortat, SOMEONE!

Danny could def pull together a:

Rondo (35m) / Barbossa (10)

Bradley (30m) / Lee or Terry (20)

Gay (35m) / Dudley (10)

Millsap (30) / Sullinger (30m)

KG (20m) / Gortat (20m) / Wilcox (reserve)

I think that's a great team. Millsap takes the remainder of SF minutes. Or you expell Terry or Lee in a Gortat trade that includes Dudley.

Boom shakalaka!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Danny could def pull together a:

Rondo (35m) / Barbossa (10)

Bradley (30m) / Lee or Terry (20)

Gay (35m) / Dudley (10)

Millsap (30) / Sullinger (30m)

KG (20m) / Gortat (20m) / Wilcox (reserve)

Of course, with this team, we could go super big playing KG, Gortat, Millsap, Dudley, Bradley. Think of the defensive prowess of that lineup!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Who is going to tell Rondo we need some help scoring and shoot the damn ball.  When he passes the ball to someone with 5 seconds left should they keep passing the ball or try to get a shot up?  Its nearly like playing 4 on 5 on the offensive end because RR is not going to shoot the ball unless its a layup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Who is going to tell Rondo we need some help scoring and shoot the damn ball.  When he passes the ball to someone with 5 seconds left should they keep passing the ball or try to get a shot up?  Its nearly like playing 4 on 5 on the offensive end because RR is not going to shoot the ball unless its a layup.

It's all about poor coaching by Doc!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:

RIGHT- you got that much RIGHT ON!!!  hence the reason why we signed green long so he could take up 16 points a night and run with rondo.  and how about that rondo, huh?  a young stud with superb athletic abilities who averages little over 10 ppg- GREAT STUFF

and every other piece that danny signed to be auxiliary and augementing scoring has NOT BLENDED INTO THIS TEAM, because our coach is AN IDIOT who is NOT a coach but a fool who manages to short circuit any incidental progress that occurs by changing lineups and roles more often than howie mandel washes his hands

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

DUH - Pierce and Garnett were NOT MEANT TO BE IN THIS POSITION TO BEGIN WITH!  We don't have a center since Milicic left and Terry is not providng the offense that we signed him for so since there is no other alternative, Pierce and Garnett have to take up the slack.

You KEEP Terry. If not, you need a mean scorer. I'd take M Ellis. - 

- You TRADE Terry because he is NOT providing points as a scorer. Ellis is a ball hog and has a terrible shooting percentage. PASS. 

2. You do a PP for RG straight up trade. Helps both teams.  

Gay is antoher ball hog.  We don't need a PF we need a Center.  I'll take Pierce's expiring contract to sign a FA to rebuild and not pick up a huge contract for an over-rated Gay

3. Send Green to UTAH for Millsap

and why would Utah do this? Milsap is playing at a higher level than Green.

4. Put a Bass trade for a Center ... like Dalembert, Gortat, SOMEONE!

Hello!  Nobody is gonna trade us a serviceable center for Bass who is nothing more than a bench player. Why do you think we can get so much for our garbage? The players of trade value on this team are Rondo, Bradley, Sully and Green.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

not true

It's all about poor coaching by Doc!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

1st we lost to the cheat because of the blatant fix game 2 ,otherwise we win 4-2. We have gone 4-1 vs DH,We beat Chi last time when we played them,Atl yup,76ers them too so which team was it that beat us because they had a better bigman. Oh the lakers you say? I guess 16 fts in the last 10 minutes and an up and down by Gasol becoming a 3pt play which was the difference in the score in game in l.a ,count that out.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts