Who's Most Important Celtic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Who's Most Important Celtic?

In Response to Who's Most Important Celtic?:
    [QUOTE]Interesting reading as well as a couple of videos. http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2011/01/03/irish-coffee-who-means-most-to-celtics-success/
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Everyone is important and their loss disrupts the team. As far as the most important Celtic??? Id have to go with KG followed very closely by PP...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Pierce is the most important to me... If the c's needs buckets who else could or would they turn to. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Another stupid thread.....how do you allow this kind?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I'd go with KG and then PP. Of course the correct answer is TEAM!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Most Important Celtic?:
    [QUOTE]Ray is the only replacable one out of the big 4. There is a  is a huge drop off at SF , PF and PG if you ask our backups to replicate the other persons game. You can get a shooter, not as good as Ray but possible better in defense and probably a better rebounder. In the end they will need them all obviously.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Talking about Ray, did you see that block last night? The basket wouldn't have counted but the block was howard-esque...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The indicator tells us that if Ray Allen plays well the Celtics usually win. Ray had 20 points, 4-5 from 3pt land, the Celtics never lost a game this season when Ray scores 20 or more or he makes 3 or more 3s. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

KG and it ain't even close!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

[QUOTE]The indicator tells us that if Ray Allen plays well the Celtics usually win. Ray had 20 points, 4-5 from 3pt land, the Celtics never lost a game this season when Ray scores 20 or more or he makes 3 or more 3s. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Look man, you haven been posting this over and over again on every single thread on this forum.  This is bad use of statistics.  Your analysis is flawed.  There is some causality and high correlation between Ray scoring 20+ and us winning, but it WILL NOT hold up over an entire season.  And if it does, it would be that way by chance.

Ray scoring 20+ increases our odds of winning.  IT DOES NOT GUARANTTEE THAT WE WIN.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrotherBillStill. Show BrotherBillStill's posts

KG is the most important. I thought it was Rondo, but they played well without him. Without KG they are quiet, and the defense suffers. The D is their biggest strength and KG fuels it. Just watch the game, its not the same without KG. Although, they must have all 5 starters (Perk included) healthy to win the championship. If they lose anyone it will be tough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

1. Paul Pierce(the captain...just about the only one who can create his own shot)
    2. Rondo(sets the offense in motion and w/o him, well we know what that is like).
    3. KG(the team has shown they can win without him)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Another stupid thread.....how do you allow this kind?
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Don't read it Bozo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]The indicator tells us that if Ray Allen plays well the Celtics usually win. Ray had 20 points, 4-5 from 3pt land, the Celtics never lost a game this season when Ray scores 20 or more or he makes 3 or more 3s. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

The indicator I provided shows PP.  Did anyone even read the link provided?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE] KG and it ain't even close!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

The link shows PP and it aint even close!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]1. Paul Pierce(the captain...just about the only one who can create his own shot) 2. Paul Pierce(sets the offense in motion and w/o him, well we know what that is like). 3. KG(the team has shown they can win without him)
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Finally someone actually read the link.   I was surprised that it was PP by a lot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Most Important Celtic? : Finally someone actually read the link.   I was surprised that it was PP by a lot.

I forgot to change #2 to Rondo....

PP would be a tough loss. Tougher than Rondo or KG.  PP is the heart of the CELTICS!!!!  Who could fill his shoes?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

kg and pp. we have trouble scoring without paul. but our defense suffers without kg. with pp and no kg we couldnt get past orlando 2 years ago. everyone looked draines in that series by the end of it. with kg, that serious would have been over in 6 games i think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

It is a team sport, nobody is most important.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Statistics are fun.

Taken by themselves, a single type statistic can lie more that multiple types of statistics, and yes even multiple sets of statistics can be made to lie if not taken in the proper context.

To be more reliable, such an article would have take into account teams schedule at the time of absence, overlap of other players injuries, and a dose of real world insight, to make sure that other factors are not involved. Certainly some players have been out for a short period of time relative to the three seasons, and some have been out for longer periods of time.

Statistics can be fun, but they can also provide unreliable evidence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

like belichick said, the one stat that matters is the W. we all saw how they played without kg in the playoffs 2 years ago compared to a still recovering kg this past year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

I would have to say KG and PP, are both vital for the C's, KG's
    energy, defense, and his pts. and rebd's  are important for the c's.
    PP is definitely good throughout the game, most of the time he
    finds away for the c's to win especially in the last minutes of a
    game.It has been proven they can win w/o RR, but it has been
    very ruff w/o KG, although they pulled through and won a couple
    lately w/o KG.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Statistics are fun. Taken by themselves, a single type statistic can lie more that multiple types of statistics, and yes even multiple sets of statistics can be made to lie if not taken in the proper context. To be more reliable, such an article would have take into account teams schedule at the time of absence, overlap of other players injuries, and a dose of real world insight, to make sure that other factors are not involved. Certainly some players have been out for a short period of time relative to the three seasons, and some have been out for longer periods of time. Statistics can be fun, but they can also provide unreliable evidence.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

Very good post and I couldn't agree with you more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Most Important Celtic? : The link shows PP and it aint even close!!

I don't need a link, i can tell by watching!!  There's not one GM in the league who would take Pierce over a healthy KG. I don't need a link to tell me that either!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Most Important Celtic? :  I don't need a link, i can tell by watching!!  There's not one GM in the league who would take Pierce over a healthy KG. I don't need a link to tell me that either!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

No but they would all take Pierce over Ray Ray.

BTW you do need a link

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Earlier I picked KG as most important and Im gonna stay with it..(had PP a very close 2nd).. but I couldnt disagree with anyone picking PP..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Earlier I picked KG as most important and Im gonna stay with it..(had PP a very close 2nd).. but I couldnt disagree with anyone picking PP..
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Actually I wasn't picking any player.  I just posted some information that I ran across and it stated thru data that Pierce would be missed more. Of course I know that this didn't take in to account who they played when players were out, etc.  Hopefully we won't have to find out by PP being out.