Who's Most Important Celtic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Re: Who's Most Important Celtic?

Pierce and KG.  Really don't think either one could win without the other.  Pierce needs KG for his defense and KG needs Pierce because he's the elite scorer he needs next to him.  And you know KG rarely likes to take the last shot.

Edit:  Thinking further, I think Pierce is 1 and KG 1A.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Anyone who didn't pick KG ready to change their mind? Like i said, it ain't even close!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

This may sound like a cop out, but I really believe it.  We no longer have a team of stars ready to carry a team.  We have a well tuned engine and when ONE part is missing, the engine sputters.  So, while KG is the most valuable....It IS close. When Rondo's out, we sputter (don't you remember how it was just a few weeks ago with out Rondo??).  When Paul's not aggressive, we sputter.  WHen KG is out, we struggle.  The only reason you're not picking Ray is because he's never out - he's an iron man.  Last year when Ray couldn't hit the side of a barn in game 7, we sputtered and lost.   So, Ray is just as important as the other 3.  He makes the game SOOOOO much easier when he's hitting and playing well.  P34's correlation is not that far off - when Ray hits 3's and scores 20 or 25, the game's a LOT easier for everyone (and Rondo's assists go way up).

We are a TEAM and there's no one part that's massively more important than the others.  KG is only slightly more important than PP and Rondo and Ray.  We are NOT like Miami with 2 guys carrying the rest.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Most Important Celtic?:
    Ray is the only replacable one out of the big 4. There is a  is a huge drop off at SF , PF and PG if you ask our backups to replicate the other persons game. You can get a shooter, not as good as Ray but possible better in defense and probably a better rebounder. In the end they will need them all obviously.
    Posted by tompenny

I kind of look at this way.

Take each starter and look at how many players at that position could step in and leave them no worse off or better.

Shaq could be replaced by probably 10 guys and they would be no worse off.

KG probably only 1 or 2 guys.

Pierce probably only 3 or 4.

Ray probably only 3 or 4.

Rondo probably a dozen (one of which we saw Monday night - the player of the game).

So in order of importance:  KG, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo and Shaq at the bottom

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

KG and it ain't even close!!
    Posted by kyceltic
    I SECOND ND APPROVE OF THIS OPINION!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Most Important Celtic? : I SECOND ND APPROVE OF THIS OPINION!
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN

I can agree with that.  We know one thing for sure it aint Ray Ray.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Most Important Celtic? : No but they would all take Pierce over Ray Ray. BTW you do need a link
    Posted by OneOnOne

Well, that depends on the team.  Ray is in better shape and is faster.  I bet Miami would take Ray Ray over Pierce in a heartbeat.  Same for Chicago.  Bet money on both of them taking Ray.

Now, I'm not saying Ray is more important.....I just don't agree that Paul is more valuable to ANY team.  It depends on the team.  

In my view, they are all important and lose any one of the top 4, and we're in trouble. KG is 1a, Paul 1b, Ray 1c, and Rondo 1d.  There's not a huge spread.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

KG for defense, intensity, motivation, and overall presence in the
    game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Most Important Celtic? : Well, that depends on the team.  Ray is in better shape and is faster.  I bet Miami would take Ray Ray over Pierce in a heartbeat.  Same for Chicago.  Bet money on both of them taking Ray. Now, I'm not saying Ray is more important.....I just don't agree that Paul is more valuable to ANY team.  It depends on the team.   In my view, they are all important and lose any one of the top 4, and we're in trouble. KG is 1a, Paul 1b, Ray 1c, and Rondo 1d.  There's not a huge spread.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

You may be right if all a team wants is someone to score when others can get him open.  If they want someone that can create his own shot or take open shots its PP hands down.  Of course this doesn't take into consideration defense and being able to create for others which PP wins hands down also.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Well, I think you underestimate how others get shots because Ray is around.  When he comes off those picks, ever notice how many people try to come at him and he can flip that little pass back to his teammates for a wide open jumper?  PP, of course, is a much better defensive player.

But, on Miami and Chicago - they have enough people who need to play with the ball in their hands.  PP wouldn't fit well on those teams.

This is all theoretical, anyway.  I hope all of these fans don't have to find out how much this team would struggle without a shooter like Ray.  And its NOT easy to replace the best 3 point shooter in NBA history, especially in crunch time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

The indicator tells us that if Ray Allen plays well the Celtics usually win. Ray had 20 points, 4-5 from 3pt land, the Celtics never lost a game this season when Ray scores 20 or more or he makes 3 or more 3s. 
    Posted by P34

The indicator doesn't tell us what happens if he misses the game completely... but we may see tomorrow... also he made 3 3's in the lost to the Bulls

As for the original post, stats don't show who the games were played against that may make a difference... number of games may make a difference as well for instance Pierce missing 14 and KG missing 73 for example..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Most Important Celtic? : The indicator doesn't tell us what happens if he misses the game completely... but we may see tomorrow... also he made 3 3's in the lost to the Bulls As for the original post, stats don't show who the games were played against that may make a difference... number of games may make a difference as well for instance Pierce missing 14 and KG missing 73 for example..
    Posted by KGLove

thats why i said this in a earlier post.

First: 1/3/2009
    Last: 1/12/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3ad0f1b99c-90d7-475c-ac26-64f8f19cd69d&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:d0f1b99c-90d7-475c-ac26-64f8f19cd69dPost:166feea7-e820-43f0-a910-b6c93e5a0320">Re: Who's Most Important Celtic?:
    Earlier I picked KG as most important and Im gonna stay with it..(had PP a very close 2nd).. but I couldnt disagree with anyone picking PP..
    Posted by Karllost

Actually I wasn't picking any player.  I just posted some information that I ran across and it stated thru data that Pierce would be missed more. Of course I know that this didn't take in to account who they played when players were out, etc.  Hopefully we won't have to find out by PP being out.

Sections
Shortcuts