WHO'S THE MOST INDISPENSABLE CELTIC (PP, RR or KG) AS OF NOW?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

WHO'S THE MOST INDISPENSABLE CELTIC (PP, RR or KG) AS OF NOW?

yesterday's game and the last week has revealed a lot about the heart of this team. i like many here was ready to blow the whole thing up and hoping like last year danny would blow his load all over the trade market. but DA knows best, sometimes its best to do nothing, that can be the best decision. apart from trading ray for a monta ellis type or a big man like darko milicic (yep that guy, he's still 7 feet tall), there's no one major on this team i want to see gone. kg has been a 20 point 10 rebound machine while still shutting everyone down at both the 4 and 5 that he plays against and keeping the paint clean while being more aggressive with his shot. no way this guy retires and would be open to bringing him back at a very discounted price next season.

kg is stilll the HEART of the team. he's the mascot, he's the real leader out there. he's the one that gets deep into the heads of top opponents. btw, did tyson chandleror stoudimire even dress yesterday? leadership and defense are the most unique aspect of this team and that begins with kg. he's the glue if you will! pp is still mr. clutch and the most selfless. no superstar has ever had to cut so much of his talents at the peak of his career than pp.. period! he could do what he did yesterday almost every game, but he doesnt and cant for although it may help his stats and rep, it will not be the best for the team. we must get ray off sometimes too and defer to other hot hands like a bass or even a kg. but its nice to know at the biggest moments in the biggest games, we have that elite closer chip! we lose yesterdAY WITHOUT A PP.. PERIOD! he was the best player out there.. yes, over rondo. to me, closing is more important than talent and stats. pp is the guy on the other team's best player in crunch time and on the final shot. he outbested carmelo for the game and led all scorers while filling out the stat sheet and being unselfish.

rondolicious was at his talented best yesterday and once again showed y he's an enigma and untradeable at this point. but again, thats not the usual rondo. thats the guy who brings it with the lights on in the national tv spotlight and when playing with anger trying to show up a jeremy lin and everyone who's been doubting him. rr does not bring a consistent effort.. period! and he can not close. for most of the last 10 minutes of the game, AB or dooling would have sufficed. just give the ball to pp after halfcourt and get out of the way and get ready to take the 3 when the ball is thrown back at you somehow. rondo is the most talented, most athletic, and the most freakishly STATTed guy on the team.

overall, pierce is STILL the BEST player on the team and the most INDISPENSABLE. he's the most consistent. he's the one most likely to bring it in all phases of the game every night next to garnett. if his scoring's off, his defense , passing and/or rebounding will shine in some combo. the captain is always there. kg is the SECOND most indispensable, which says a lot about rr.. the real enigmatic aspect of him and his game. rr is #3 AND REALLY SHOULDNT BE. he's the second best player but third most indispensable. we keep hoping he will make the leap to #1 in both aspects.. hope springs eternal! will it run out? games like yesterday and the past week are enough flashes to stay on the hope train and keep buying that fool's gold hoping it will become wise gold!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Re: WHO'S THE MOST INDISPENSABLE CELTIC (PP, RR or KG) AS OF NOW?

I wouldn't have any of them. Far too old.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

1.rondo
    2.pierce
    3.KG
    4.Ray

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

PP, then KG.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i say Rondo and KG 1a and 1b. 

lets be honest with ourselves, pierce has been plain AWFUL untill yesterday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Rondo is tremendous recently but he's been up and down all year and been so tempermental.  When Pierce is playing like last year, he's SOOOO valuable, but he also has been so erratic and turnover prone.  But, KG is the more solid and consistent leader who does a little of everything and doesn't get enough credit - from D to rebounds.  I cannot imagine how this team would fall apart without him.

So, I am with JamezHill24.....KG and Rondo are 1a and 1B.  I might reverse the two due to my defensive tilt, but I certainly think its between them.

Sections
Shortcuts