Why $ 6 million for Vitor Faverani

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Why $ 6 million for Vitor Faverani

How long has Danny been watching Vitor?  $ Six mill seem a lot to gamble on a player that has not played a minute in the NBA.  Danny must think he can be a big in our future or at least a good trade chip.  Sources say the 6'11'' 260 lb. 25 year old , has game.  He can shoot all the way to the three point line, bangs inside on both ends of the court.  Vitor and KO paired together would give us NBA size.  If you put them with Green and Rondo , you have the start of a interesting young team.  Who will play the 2?  Avery can defend but with this team the 2 needs to be a dead eye shot, and Avery has shown the he is not a dead eye shooter.  Brooks will ge a shot, but there are questions.  If we did have a Ray Allen type of player to put at the 2 with the above four players, we would be dangerous to play.  Lots of money for Vitor , just makes you think Danny knows something we do not know.  Keep the faith.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Re: Why $ 6 million for Vitor Faverani

It is 6 million for 2 years, so 3m a year.  That really isn't very much, and on a team that absolutely has no legit center I think it is worth risk.  If he completely bombs this season we only have to put up with for one more year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i like what DA has done so far. i agree that we need serious improvement at the 2. with a PG who cannot shoot that well, it's even more important to have a 2 who can consistently keep defenses honest. more moves to come, but so far, so good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Bit much maybe, but the contract doesn't break the bank and the guy can probably be a serviceable 5.  They aren't expecting him to be the C of the future.  They're biding their time with reasonable, short term contracts to fill in holes in their roster. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Danny appears to be going with the San Antonio-inspired basketaball version of "moneyball" that includes stats driven analysis and trying to find undervalued players from non-traditional markets (eg, Argentina, Brazil, Euro league)...now if can only find a Tim Duncan type player in the draft....remember, both San Antonio and the Celtics tanked in 1997 (SA held out David Robinson and the Celts pulled veterans when they had leads) and the Spurs got Tim.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to myurkus' comment:

It is 6 million for 2 years, so 3m a year.  That really isn't very much, and on a team that absolutely has no legit center I think it is worth risk.  If he completely bombs this season we only have to put up with for one more year.

No, it's 2m per year for 3 years.

Here:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/boston-celtics-team-salary

And the 3rd year is not guarenteed!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

FIERCE IS RIGHT AGAIN !

It's $6M over 3yrs.....that's $2M a yr , 3rd yr not guaranteed.

Great move. That's about what Fab Melo would've been paid on his rookie contract.

It's all about accumulating assets at this point....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

Says the guy who shot his wife in the face.^

Vitor was a good sign, he plays a lot like Olynyk, good spot up shooter, good finisher even if he's not athletic, big, plays good zone defense, hits his free throws.   We can play some big lineups this year with Green out there at SG, but who the starting lineup will be is anyone's guess.  I think Lee could start the season at SG but it wouldn't surprise me to see Bradley get the start.

My hope is that Marshon Brooks dedicated himself this offseason to getting better defensively and working on his jump shot, if he could become a complete player he is our best shot at a real shooting guard.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to PHX85014's comment:

FIERCE IS RIGHT AGAIN !

It's $6M over 3yrs.....that's $2M a yr , 3rd yr not guaranteed.

Great move. That's about what Fab Melo would've been paid on his rookie contract.

It's all about accumulating assets at this point....

Hahaha ... the Fungi has Fans ... But you know what they say?  Freedom of speech exposes the idiots ... Where's your pom-poms?

I never thought I'd say this but...Fungus is absolutely correct sir!

Too bad he didn't shoot himself with that gun he's holding....

Sections
Shortcuts