Why all the hate trolls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Why all the hate trolls

In Response to Re: Why all the hate trolls:
    [QUOTE]Modern NBA back to back champions: Lakers 1987,88 Pistons 1989,90 Bulls 1991,92,93 Rockets 1994,1995 Bulls 1996,97,98 Lakers 2000,01,02 Lakers 2009,10 A very exclusive club, with only 4 members since the NBA as we know it today came into existance! Anyone missing? (lmao)
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Funny, but some of us knew the NBA in the 60's, too.
    Isn't it nap time for you?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]Modern NBA back to back champions: Lakers 1987,88 Pistons 1989,90 Bulls 1991,92,93 Rockets 1994,1995 Bulls 1996,97,98 Lakers 2000,01,02 Lakers 2009,10 A very exclusive club, with only 4 members since the NBA as we know it today came into existance! Anyone missing? (lmao)

Are you dissing the great Slow White Guys league of the 60's?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why all the hate trolls : Funny, but some of us knew the NBA in the 60's, too. Isn't it nap time for you?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Is it true that people who knew the NBA in the 60's take Geritol with their naps?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]So many back to backs yet the ONLY team to get swept 3 times in the Finals, 1959, 1983 and 1989. Plus, the ONLY NBA team to lose in the Finals every decade.    HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Meanwhile, the Celtics were collecting impressive 15-67 and 24-58 seasons.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]Guess which team in the NBA has a .516 Finals record?

For the mentally challenged:  You have to get to the Finals to win it.  Is this too hard for you to grasp?  If I could write it in crayons for you, I would.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why all the hate trolls : According to your man, Kobe, if you get to the Finals and end up losing you're just the 1ST LOSER! HAHAHA!!!

You're right, missing the playoffs entirely 7 out of 8 years by the Celtics between 94' and 01' is much more impressive than making any Final.  Right, I could care less about what Kobe says.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why all the hate trolls : Are we even denying that fact? When the Celts went 15-67 in 1997 and the Lakers went 56-26 that same year both the Celts and Lakers didn't make it to the Finals, right? When the Celts went 24-58 in 2007 and the Lakers went 42-40 that same year both the Celts and Lakers didn't make it to the Finals, right?

Do you understand the postseason at all?  You have to make the playoffs to get to the Finals, right?  The Celtics had 0, nada, no chance to make the finals those two years but the Lakers did.  It's like the Lottery, if you don't play (the postseason), you cannot possibly win.  Understand?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why all the hate trolls : I thought it's all about getting to the Finals? What gives? The difference betweeen a lottery team and being a team eliminated in the 1st round as the 7th seed is the lottery pick, right?

Sarcasm. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Why all the hate trolls:
    [QUOTE]Why all the hate, puttin our team down, your root for quitters and your coach is Mike Brown, you punks bring nothing can't get nothing sensical out of you, RU Worthy's a lady from another continent and has more game than you do, She brings another teams fans perspective and is respected on this site, you guys attack us when your undies get a little tight, Your arguments are laughable doing all ya braggin, you have 16 titles yes, but no clue how many banners are actually hangin', We have Bill Russell getting a statue for all that he's done, you got kareem crying because he isn't worthy of one, All this crying 08 no Bynum no Bynum, well that's how it goes, we weren't crying about your 17 game 7 4th qtr free throws, A bunch of front runners rooting for a second class franchise that's all you are, Our team might be old but our teams additude isn't sub par, cheap shottin punks cause you laid down for four straight, Magic was disgraced and if you were real fans should be irrate, not only for rolling over but for showing no class, reminds me of '08 when we straight kicked your a**!!!!!!
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]
    They also forget a very important point. They do not make the trade for Gasol if Bynum doesn't go down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Dfury......these trolls (several that I can think of off the top of my head) are adolescents.....in other words, somewhat immature teenage boys.......I have them all on ignore....I do read and respond to the adult posters here, many whom I have a world of respect for, even if I sometimes disagree.....try it pal....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]
    Adolescents? Prepubescent most likely.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why all the hate trolls : Are you dissing the great Slow White Guys league of the 60's?
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

Would I do that??? Wink

Besides, there were an incredible 9 teams after all! lmao

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why all the hate trolls : Would I do that??? Besides, there were an incredible 9 teams after all! lmao

Must not think much of the Minniapolis championships then?

Led by one of the greatest players to have played the game of basketball. Shame he doesn't have his number retired yet or have the respect he deserves.

Just saying.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why all the hate trolls : Are you dissing the great Slow White Guys league of the 60's?
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

Must also in turn be showing the maximum disrepect to the guys from the 50's as well then. The men who were part of the leagues first great team. I don't understand people who do this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

If one wants to artificially and ridiculously bring up "disrespecting" a player, the Celts finally bit their tongues & decided to honor Bill Russell with a statue. Seeing that the Lakers were doing it for former players, Boston owners felt compelled to emulate the Lakers.

As for RUWorthy trashing Laker management in her misguided criticism of not adequately acknowledging Minneapolis, it's another feeble attempt to find something, anything to vilify the Lakers, even the superficial.

It's to be expected because this the Celtic board & it's always about trashing the Lakers no matter however irrelevant, how trivial the latest mundane issue. It's always about the double standard, the hypocrisy that infects this board.  :) 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

By the way, when did the NBA get integrated? When Mikan played the league was in its infancy and it was racist. Should George Mikan get a statue before Kareem, Shaq, Baylor, Chamberlain or even Kobe?

There are only so many numbers you can retire, so many statues you can put up and then it starts getting ridiculous.

Like I said, this about raising a none-issue, anything to attempt to tarnish the franchise. It borders on the asinine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE] As for RUWorthy trashing Laker management in her misguided criticism of not adequately acknowledging Minneapolis, it's another feeble attempt to find something, anything to vilify the Lakers, even the superficial.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

Laker-Nation32 is part of Lakers management?

My comment was in regards to LakerNation32 attacking The Russell Era Celtics for being dominating a league, that in their mind was substandard.

All I was saying was if one is to attack the Russell era Celtics. Then one is to attack the Mikan era Lakers, which of course predated the Russell era.

I don't believe that attacking one's own teams accomplishments. Even if they occurred in the NBAs infancy is the thing a fan should do. In fact those accomplishments should be cherished by Lakers fans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Yikes the netball queen has spoken!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]By the way, when did the NBA get integrated? When Mikan played the league was in its infancy and it was racist. Should George Mikan get a statue before Kareem, Shaq, Baylor, Chamberlain or even Kobe? There are only so many numbers you can retire, so many statues you can put up and then it starts getting ridiculous. Like I said, this about raising a none-issue, anything to attempt to tarnish the franchise. It borders on the asinine.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

First African American players came into the NBA in 1950/51. http://www.nba.com/history/season/19501951.html

Mikan does have a statue, It's in Minniapolis. I would never expect there to be a Mikan statue in Los Angeles.

There's 101 numbers you can retire. Of which we have retired seven. As of today a late 2nd round pick could well choose to wear #99 if they there drafted by The Lakers. And that is a travesty.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why all the hate trolls : First African American players came into the NBA in 1950/51. http://www.nba.com/history/season/19501951.html Mikan does have a statue, It's in Minniapolis. I would never expect there to be a Mikan statue in Los Angeles. There's 101 numbers you can retire. Of which we have retired seven. As of today a late 2nd round pick could well choose to wear #99 if they there drafted by The Lakers. And that is a travesty .
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Stick to netball sweety, you know nothing about bball!

Sections
Shortcuts