Why are we even talking trades?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kflash44. Show kflash44's posts

Why are we even talking trades?

Yes! The trading deadline is getting closer, who cares!. This Boston Celtics squad is great just the way it is. Hearing all this "trade Truth, trade KG, trade Allen, trade BBD, yada yada yada" just needs to shut up! This teams chemistry is amazing! Oldest team in the league, yet still 1st in the East, 2nd in the League. This team will change in a couple of years, lets worry about that later. Till then... lets savor the moments of the big 3, Rondo, Perk, Shaq, Robinson, BBD, etc. We may never see this awesome lineup again. Then again... Danny Ainge has surprised us for the last few years. Thank you D.A. for this current team and that title in 08.

Celtics Fan Forever

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Re: Why are we even talking trades?

Kflash,
    Just one correction - Celtics is not the oldest team in the league. I think LAL is.

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Kflash44,

Um have you seen a Celtic boxscore lately?? Let's just say Armani would enjoy being the sponsor of Celtics players.

Do you know what DNP means??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

kflash44, I don't think too many posters are serious about trading Pierce, Ray, KG or even Baby for that matter.  I think there are some players who you have to evaluate and decide whether or not you can fill a need that they may not be filling right now.  You have to agree that the Celtics need a suitable backup for Ray and Pierce.  Those guys have played all 51 games and we have to reduce their minutes after the All Star break to keep them fresh for the playoffs.

You can also say that Quis has not been consistently effective as a backup to either of them.  I consider Delonte as Rondo's backup so that puts Nate as Ray's.  I am not so sure that, with a little under a year with the Celtics, Nate is the answer for our backup SG spot.  He may very well be but his performance this season has left alot to be desired.  He's played alot of PG but he's also played alot of SG with Rondo running the point.  Seems his shot has just abandoned him and since scoring is all he brings to the table, he must be a candidate for a trade.  Just an example.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Kflash - I like the way you signed that original post above (smile).

And thank you for another voice of reason!  

I'm in agreement with Petey.....We might see a trade or a pickup of a player, but I suspect it won't be anything that affects the top 6 or 7 players. This is all about strengthening the bench if it can be done without disrupting the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Call me out on it if it doesn't happen.  C's will acquire a backup SF for PP.  Trade, D league, talking some vet out of retirement.  The seriousness and recurrent nature of Quis' injury makes this a priority.  How and when it happens is open to speculation, but as far as I'm concerned, whether it happens is a nobrainer at this point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ironceltic33. Show ironceltic33's posts

If it was possible and I hate to say it get Rip Hamilton. He can shoot and play good team defense and back up Paul and Ray.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kflash44. Show kflash44's posts

Strong points everyone. I agree on trading if it supports the starting 5. Trading any of the 5 is not the answer. Shaq, BBD, Nate and Wafer I would like to stay for sure. If not, I just hope the right decisions will be made. Get well Quis and heal up West and Shaq.

Celtic Pride!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beemrdon52. Show beemrdon52's posts

I'd like to see a couple of (X) pistons - one gone and the other on the way out- joining our Celtic ranks for the stretch run. As someone else said, Rip could back up Ray and PP now that Daniels is out of action and old friend Rasheed Wallace, well, we will probably need him down the stretch the way things are looking. Lets face it, our bigs collective health is tentative at best. (OK, now it's time to hear it from all the sheed haters...)
    But the O'neals and Semi are hurting and unreliable and Perk's return could still go wrong. But even if Perk stays healthy, The C's will need other bigs come playoff time if they are to go all the way and Wallace proved last year that he can be effective when it counts most.
    Luke and Nate for Rip and Sheed could be had cheap as he wants another shot at the Fakers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Why are we talking trades?  Poor Bias might have a coronary if he could come up with some type of trade every day.  There is no telling what our roster would look like if he was in charge.  I have to hand it to him though, he doesn't give up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Well, Mostly I have been against trades, but at this point I think with Marquis down we may have to pull the trigger. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

With the injury to Marquis, I definitely agree that we need another backup for Paul Pierce.  Not sure what will be done about this, but the Celtics could definitely use another small forward.  I would also like to see Rasheed return to the Celtics.  With Jon being out and unsure if he will be able to contribute and Shaq not able to play very often, we could use another big.  At least Rasheed was able to play most of the time and was terrific during the playoffs last year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

A GM has to be ready to improve the team chances of winning the title with or without trades

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Why are we even talking trades?:
    Strong points everyone. I agree on trading if it supports the starting 5. Trading any of the 5 is not the answer. Shaq, BBD, Nate and Wafer I would like to stay for sure. If not, I just hope the right decisions will be made. Get well Quis and heal up West and Shaq.   Celtic Pride!!!!
    Posted by kflash44

agree on not trading anyone from starting 5... other than that, I hope you now see how a trade for a very good bench player or two is badly needed to keep this team afloat

Sections
Shortcuts