Why Bring Rondo Back Now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Why Bring Rondo Back Now?

If Rondo is the Cs franchise player, why bring him back now when the the team is obviously headed toward the draft lotto? 

Why not keep him out the entire season, much like D. Rose a year ago, and bring him back fresh next season? He would have the entire pre-season to get in shape and find his rhythm.

There is only one logical reason to bring RR back now! Show interested teams he is healthy in an effort to facilitate a trade! 

What say you? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Re: Why Bring Rondo Back Now?

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Rondo is the Cs franchise player, why bring him back now when the the team is obviously headed toward the draft lotto? 

Why not keep him out the entire season, much like D. Rose a year ago, and bring him back fresh next season? He would have the entire pre-season to get in shape and find his rhythm.

There is only one logical reason to bring RR back now! Show interested teams he is healthy in an effort to facilitate a trade! 

What say you? 

[/QUOTE]
    that and the fact they will probably win some game that would have been lost. the lakers are doing it right. they are sitting back and letting their awful team lose every game. they are going to end up with the best or close to the best player in the draft. the east is so weak that a few wins will put the celtics in the playoffs. they wont get a lottery pick with atlantas pick. personally id rather they stink it up this year and get a great player in the draft. mid first round picks will get them average players and the rebuild could go on forever. 

that said i think danny has done an excellent job in amassing draft picks and with a couple of breaks they could have a young team thats loaded in talent in afew years. the future looks bright.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What say you? 

[/QUOTE]
    that and the fact they will probably win some game that would have been lost. the lakers are doing it right. they are sitting back and letting their awful team lose every game. they are going to end up with the best or close to the best player in the draft. the east is so weak that a few wins will put the celtics in the playoffs. they wont get a lottery pick with atlantas pick. personally id rather they stink it up this year and get a great player in the draft. mid first round picks will get them average players and the rebuild could go on forever. 

that said i think danny has done an excellent job in amassing draft picks and with a couple of breaks they could have a young team thats loaded in talent in afew years. the future looks bright.

[/QUOTE]

I agree - the fact RR is coming back now makes me think that a possible trade partner is waiting in the wings. 

Why bring RR back to win meaningless games and hurt the teams chances in the upcoming lotto? 

There is only one logical reason - Pending TRADE!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I doubt Rondo will be 100% and have any affect on wins & losses for weeks. But, there is also the possibility that after those weeks which will bring us close to the trade deadline that the coach and GM will have a much better idea whether Rondo is 100% and will fit within Steven's system.

Then there will be one of two courses of action ...

A) Trade Rondo

B) Build around Rondo and make trades to upgrade players and assets when some teams will be looking to dump players if they are not true contenders .... The deadline provides and opportunity to be a seller as well as a buyer.

[/QUOTE]

But option B hurts the team's chances in the upcoming draft. It simply makes no sense to bring RR back now unless the Cs are in the process of attempting to trade him!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

maybe. go ahead and think that if you like. my guess is they want to see who and what works with rondo, not without him.

ownership is not pressuring mgmt for wins. that resumes no sooner than next year.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

maybe. go ahead and think that if you like. my guess is they want to see who and what works with rondo, not without him.

[/QUOTE]

At the cost of winning games - losing a 1-5 lotto pick? It simply does not make sense, unless there is a deal in the works.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I doubt Rondo will be 100% and have any affect on wins & losses for weeks. But, there is also the possibility that after those weeks which will bring us close to the trade deadline that the coach and GM will have a much better idea whether Rondo is 100% and will fit within Steven's system.

Then there will be one of two courses of action ...

A) Trade Rondo

B) Build around Rondo and make trades to upgrade players and assets when some teams will be looking to dump players if they are not true contenders .... The deadline provides and opportunity to be a seller as well as a buyer.

But option B hurts the team's chances in the upcoming draft. It simply makes no sense to bring RR back now unless the Cs are in the process of attempting to trade him!

[/QUOTE]

How's that? Adding an upgrade in late Feb is going to take this team into the playoffs? I doubt it and then Stevens can always work his magic with lineups experimentation to limit the success until next season. What's Danny gonna do, dump our core and have two guys to rebuild around with 8 draft picks come June ... Hilarious and out of charachter for Ainge as well.

[/QUOTE]

I see your point - BUT why would DA do anything that might result in the team winning more games? During a season when the Cs are going no where, and the upcoming draft is loaded with talent! Makes no sense! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How's that? Adding an upgrade in late Feb is going to take this team into the playoffs? I doubt it, and then Stevens can always work his magic with lineup experimentation to limit the success until next season. What's Danny gonna do, dump our core and have two guys to rebuild around with 8 draft picks come June?  Hilarious and out of charachter for Ainge as well.

[/QUOTE]

That's the problem with you, you're too stubborn to accept reality.

Ainge traded for Joel Anthony's bad contract so that the Celtics can get additional 2nd round picks.

Why on earth would a rebuilding team take back a 31-year old 3rd string Center with bad contract?

Because Ainge is collecting draft picks.

I told you this since last season, Ainge will build through the draft.

You're just too stubboron to accept reality.

Guess the saying "can't teach an old new tricks" is really true.

[/QUOTE]

I am starting to think DA has just started to wheel and deal! This could be an exciting 30+ days! 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I am starting to think DA has just started to wheel and deal! This could be an exciting 30+ days! 

[/QUOTE]

Ainge already said the playoffs is not the goal, that player development is more important.

The trades that Ainge made so far also downgraded the talent level of the Celtics.

So it's very obvious what direction Ainge is leaning towards.

Mployee is too stubborn to accept reality.

Also, I still think if a team offers a lottery pick for Rondo, Ainge will trade Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1 I agree 100% 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ainge already said the playoffs is not the goal, that player development is more important.

The trades that Ainge made so far also downgraded the talent level of the Celtics.

So it's very obvious what direction Ainge is leaning towards.

Mployee is too stubborn to accept reality.

Also, I still think if a team offers a lottery pick for Rondo, Ainge will trade Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

How odd would it be if RR ended up being traded to the Lakers, for their 2014 1st round pick! 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How's that? Adding an upgrade in late Feb is going to take this team into the playoffs? I doubt it, and then Stevens can always work his magic with lineup experimentation to limit the success until next season. What's Danny gonna do, dump our core and have two guys to rebuild around with 8 draft picks come June?  Hilarious and out of charachter for Ainge as well.

[/QUOTE]

Ainge traded for Joel Anthony's bad contract so that the Celtics can get additional 2nd round picks.

Why on earth would a rebuilding team take back a 31-year old 3rd string Center with bad contract?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup!  Last time he spendt our #5 pick to get Ray Allen but ended up having to use all Vet Min players to fill the roster. We could have won another one or two championships had our assets not run out. This time Danny has stuffed the vault full of picks and still has a few TPE's and tradeable players to get off to a quick start and still be able to put pieces around the new core.

All we are really missing (other than that lottery draft pick) is a SG that can create his own schott (correct spelling is banned word???) and a legitimate Center to protect the rim and rebound. Two players and this draft gets us headed in the right direction. I'll settle for any decent C ... Asik, Hawes, Sanders, etc until we either groom an Embiid or are able to get a Vucevic in free agency but we better have somebody for the next three years till then or we are watching some bad BB for a long time. I'm even ready to dump Green if it means getting Hayward now ... anything that brings us a new core piece and initiates the rebuild is happening will be welcome news.

[/QUOTE]

I am not disagreeing with you - BUT - in that scenario AB gets traded as well! He is asking for starter $$! No way DA lets him walk for nothing in return! 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup!  Last time he spendt our #5 pick to get Ray Allen but ended up having to use all Vet Min players to fill the roster. We could have won another one or two championships had our assets not run out. This time Danny has stuffed the vault full of picks and still has a few TPE's and tradeable players to get off to a quick start and still be able to put pieces around the new core.

All we are really missing (other than that lottery draft pick) is a SG that can create his own schott (correct spelling is banned word???) and a legitimate Center to protect the rim and rebound. Two players and this draft gets us headed in the right direction. I'll settle for any decent C ... Asik, Hawes, Sanders, etc until we either groom an Embiid or are able to get a Vucevic in free agency but we better have somebody for the next three years till then or we are watching some bad BB for a long time. I'm even ready to dump Green if it means getting Hayward now ... anything that brings us a new core piece and initiates the rebuild is happening will be welcome news.

[/QUOTE]

I am not disagreeing with you - BUT - in that scenario AB gets traded as well! He is asking for starter $$! No way DA lets him walk for nothing in return! 

[/QUOTE]

You want to pay $8.5MM for an undersized SG (despite his defense)? If he'll stay for $6-7MM maybe but I'd prefer a bigger SG/SF like Turner who can create his own sshott which is usually at the rim which is exactly what this team needs in the 4th QTR to finish out games.

Get Turner and Asik and then let's critique the team and what they need .... Green for Hayward or Green for Parker (???) ....

[/QUOTE]

I have to believe if DA wanted Turner and or Asik they would be wearing green right now! He has the assets to make either trade! 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You want to pay $8.5MM for an undersized SG (despite his defense)? If he'll stay for $6-7MM maybe but I'd prefer a bigger SG/SF like Turner who can create his own sshott which is usually at the rim which is exactly what this team needs in the 4th QTR to finish out games.

Get Turner and Asik and then let's critique the team and what they need .... Green for Hayward or Green for Parker (???) ....

[/QUOTE]

I have to believe if DA wanted Turner and or Asik they would be wearing green right now! He has the assets to make either trade! 

[/QUOTE]

He does now. At the time Asik was available he was short-handed. He only had Bass & Lee and Clips 2015 pick but Houston wanted a 2014 1st rounder. Now he has both the Clips 2015 and Phillys 2014 (protected). The Philly pick may be enough to get Asik with Bass and filler.

If Houston will do Bass or even Green and the Sixer 2014 pick for Asik then Danny has his first building block to go along with Rondo and Sully. He can keep Hump or try to flip him for a 1st round pick or another piece. But think about it. How many contending teams have a 1st round pick that's not 25-30? So what are we gonna get for Hump other than another player dump. Either keep him to resign as part or the new core or trade him for Asik, Turner, etc now.

[/QUOTE]

That might be the plan - BUT - do the Cs give Rondo a max contract after next season? If he asks for max $ and the Cs dont think he is worth max $ then they have to trade him! 

The problem witht the above mentioned is other teams will know (agents talk) the Cs will have to trade him and a large percentage of leverage will be lost.

That is why trading him now, if the Cs dont want to pay him max $, makes sense!