Why can't JJJ play minutes for this team??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Why can't JJJ play minutes for this team??

I don't get why we can't make time for this kid somewhere. He hasn't been bad with the minutes he has gotten. Do we always have to start Ray, Kevin and Paul every night. Did we not think there would be a problem with two OT games and a back to back with a fresh 76ers team? Oh yes and I'm not a Rondo hater but his last two games do not equal his by line from the Knicks game. He still is way inconsisitent for a 6 year point guard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Re: Why can't JJJ play minutes for this team??

In Response to Why can't JJJ play minutes for this team??:
    I don't get why we can't make time for this kid somewhere. He hasn't been bad with the minutes he has gotten. Do we always have to start Ray, Kevin and Paul every night. Did we not think there would be a problem with two OT games and a back to back with a fresh 76ers team? Oh yes and I'm not a Rondo hater but his last two games do not equal his by line from the Knicks game. He still is way inconsisitent for a 6 year point guard.
    Posted by terrrapin

I wish they would play J3 more as well. And I hope he doesn't wind up like another AJ, giving his best years to another team. The light is still on awaiting his partnering w/ Big AL...Are you a Terp?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Re: Why can't JJJ play minutes for this team??:
    In Response to Why can't JJJ play minutes for this team?? : I wish they would play J3 more as well. And I hope he doesn't wind up like another AJ, giving his best years to another team. The light is still on awaiting his partnering w/ Big AL...Are you a Terp?
    Posted by tomobo

From the state of Maryland. I didn't attend the University. Spelled the name wrong with an extra r and didn't know how to change it. Bias fan/Celtic fan. The worst day of my sports life when Len passed.  Maryland basketball fan forever.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

I would try him at the 3. I think he is quick enough to play it.
    Posted by Kirk6

absolutely not. hes not athletic enough..too stiff.

just because his body is comparable to Kev Durant doesnt mean he is him lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Posted by terrrapin

IM WITH YOU !!!  THIS IS THE TIME DOC SHOULD BE PLAYING THE KIDS/BENCH.... BACK TO BACK OT's/GAMES/PLANE RIDES !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Posted by terrrapin

i said at the beginning of the season that Doc should rest members of the big 3 throughout the season. his recent decision to shorten the lineup is SO DUMB. im sorry, i love the guy, but what are you doing?? these guys are old, and despite the fact that we are playing well, it doesnt mean raise their minutes. 

Tim Duncan is still very effective bc Popovich has done a masterful job of limiting his minutes, keeping him fresh. for this reason, come playoff time Tim will be ready to go. for some reason doc refuses to play the young legs, and leans on his vets way too much. 

IMO, every 3 games one of the big 4 should take a game off or have extremely limited minutes (20 min night). this keeps legs fresh and ready for the long hall! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Why can't JJJ play minutes for this team?? : i said at the beginning of the season that Doc should rest members of the big 3 throughout the season. his recent decision to shorten the lineup is SO DUMB. im sorry, i love the guy, but what are you doing?? these guys are old, and despite the fact that we are playing well, it doesnt mean raise their minutes.  Tim Duncan is still very effective bc Popovich has done a masterful job of limiting his minutes, keeping him fresh. for this reason, come playoff time Tim will be ready to go. for some reason doc refuses to play the young legs, and leans on his vets way too much.  IMO, every 3 games one of the big 4 should take a game off or have extremely limited minutes (20 min night). this keeps legs fresh and ready for the long hall! 
    Posted by JamezHill24
    BINGO !!!!  HECK, LAST NIGHT SHOULD HAVE HAD HEAVY MINUTES FROM THE BENCH.....WHY DID DOC PICK LAST NIGHT TO SHORTEN THE BENCH ???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

JJJ should start on a night like last night.  Doc knew they would be exhausted, get JJJ out there let him shoot and see what happens. This team is way to stuck in what has worked the last four seasons.  It is not working now and DA and Doc need to try the new guys on back to backs and see where it gets us.   We saw five times on back to backs this year the horses have nothing to give on these nights. Take a chance next time Doc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Why can't JJJ play minutes for this team?? : absolutely not. hes not athletic enough..too stiff. just because his body is comparable to Kev Durant doesnt mean he is him lol.
    Posted by JamezHill24

What do you base he is stiff on?  He sure looks athletic to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

JJJ should start on a night like last night.  Doc knew they would be exhausted, get JJJ out there let him shoot and see what happens. This team is way to stuck in what has worked the last four seasons.  It is not working now and DA and Doc need to try the new guys on back to backs and see where it gets us.   We saw five times on back to backs this year the horses have nothing to give on these nights. Take a chance next time Doc.
    Posted by concord27

This is my main issue with Doc. Too set in his ways, too reliant on the vets. What did he have to loose in a game like last night by playing the bench? Everybody knew the starters were gassed before the game started.
    Don't get it. But then, I'm not an NBC coach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

That is, NBA coach.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Why can't JJJ play minutes for this team?? : What do you base he is stiff on?  He sure looks athletic to me.
    Posted by concord27

you can be athletic and stiff at the same time. Jeff Green is the kinda guy thats big enough to play the 4, but athletic enough to play the 3. same with Durant. JuJuan is an athletic BIG, but is too stiff to play a position like the 3. playing the 3 requires your body to be able to shift fast to stay with your man, while having the ball handling and awareness to handle the offensive responsibilities. JJJ does not have this. he is an average ball handler (all you need to be at the 4 position). watch the video below to understand what i mean by him being stiff. he is an athletic freak of a big man, but as for moving up in position, hes not built for that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Why can't JJJ play minutes for this team?? : What do you base he is stiff on?  He sure looks athletic to me.
    Posted by concord27

heres the difference:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I would try him at the 3. I think he is quick enough to play it.
    Posted by Kirk6

NO WAY

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He can play minutes, just not every night I guess.  Doc need to decide to play them or not., The carousel cant be good for their confidence,,,,,smh

Its obvious the old guys need help. We got ran out the gym last night!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Thaddues Young plays the 3 right. I see him being able to be that type of player in a couple years but he is probably better suited to play 4 based on his offensive skillset. He has nice range for a big man, but his wind up is too slow, IMO.

If he ever got real, steady minutes we could probably evaulate him better.

Sections
Shortcuts