Why can't we bring up Fab Melo now ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Why can't we bring up Fab Melo now ???

Despite our winning streak, consensus among many posters is that we still need a big man to be an elite team. There has been talk of various trade combinations even including Rondo for a straight up for Cousins but preferably 2 of the 5, Bass, Wilcox, Lee, Green, Terry & even a draft pick.

But our small man team has sort of meshed and we are winning rebound battles because our PFs are hustling more but the real key is the play of Sullinger but, like Big Baby, he's still not the dominating center we need to relieve or play along with KG. We don't want KG to burn out or get hurt.

How can it hurt to bring up Melo...please tell me how the raw rookie could be any worse than Collins ??? I can't believe that playing along with the Pros he won't develop a lot quicker. Gives us a chance too to showcase him for a trade in the future. Sully, a rookie, has developed wonderfully so why can't Melo ? Opinions ???

Different topic I know but PP will either retire or be gone next year to pay 1-2 more years. Sure, I'd like him to retire in Green but since he is from So. Cal. how about asking him if he'd like to play with the Clippers & we'd get Deandre Jordan and as much as I hate the Lakers, maybe Pau Gasol for PP. Again, I know NBA is a business but ask PP if he'd mind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Why can't we bring up Fab Melo now ???

I think this team with Fab Melo is the answer, just the Fab Melo of a year/year and a half from now.  Not just his skills on the court, but I think his personality is the perfect capstone to the chemistry that's developing on this team.  It too bad.

they'd bring him up if he was ready, but he's not ready for the spead of the game at the top.  Can you recall the summer league games where he was a half a step slow and getting destroyed by players who have no business challenging him.  it's speed, but he'll get there, and when he does, look out. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

He bang his head on a door frame in a hotel recently and has not been to cleared to play yet.

http://nba.si.com/2013/01/03/fab-melo-concussion-boston-celtics/

He's been with the Celtics since then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

In the short term as was pointed out by Alchow he's hurt. But you realize raw big men like Fab are a two to three year project right? 

Fab has only played ball since he was 17, he has a lot to learn. He's happy in the development system for now. 

if he could truly help the team he would not be in the development system. Our big man help will need to come from elsewhere. 

Having said that - if our team cannot get a big by the deadline and it's clear we are sorely lacking one, I would not put it past Ainge to call him up. But it's definitely perceived as a last resort move at best. 

".please tell me how the raw rookie could be any worse than Collins ??? "

Well, Collins will not be the answer, but that doesn't mean Melo is by default. Going small may be a better answer. Here's how it could be worse: you shoot a rookie's confidence and they don't pan out. Same thing happens in baseball sometimes. These aren't machines, they are young men who need to be nurtured along sometimes. The fact they haven't brought Melo up shows you something about their belief in his future potential and not wanting to mess it up. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Melo needs minutes to develop.  I'd rather he played 30+ minutes for Maine than 5-8 for Boston.  The good news is that he seems to be dominating in the D-league, which, given his relative inexperience playing basketball, is a good thing. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Melo has been cleared to play. Last night he logged 28-minutes, scored 6-pts, grabbed 6-rebs, and blocked 2-shots. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Look at it this way:  Melo is logging major minutes on the JV;  we can call him up to the varsity for the last 10 games or so and he will be better prepared to play than if he sits the bench in Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In the short term as was pointed out by Alchow he's hurt. But you realize raw big men like Fab are a two to three year project right? 

Fab has only played ball since he was 17, he has a lot to learn. He's happy in the development system for now. 

if he could truly help the team he would not be in the development system. Our big man help will need to come from elsewhere. 

Having said that - if our team cannot get a big by the deadline and it's clear we are sorely lacking one, I would not put it past Ainge to call him up. But it's definitely perceived as a last resort move at best. 

".please tell me how the raw rookie could be any worse than Collins ??? "

Well, Collins will not be the answer, but that doesn't mean Melo is by default. Going small may be a better answer. Here's how it could be worse: you shoot a rookie's confidence and they don't pan out. Same thing happens in baseball sometimes. These aren't machines, they are young men who need to be nurtured along sometimes. The fact they haven't brought Melo up shows you something about their belief in his future potential and not wanting to mess it up. 

[/QUOTE]  As DAD would say.........  "SON, BIG GUYS HAVE TO PROOVE THAT THEY CAN'T PLAY, LITTLE GUYS MUST PROOVE THAT THEY CAN PLAY" !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Melo needs minutes to develop.  I'd rather he played 30+ minutes for Maine than 5-8 for Boston.  The good news is that he seems to be dominating in the D-league, which, given his relative inexperience playing basketball, is a good thing. 

[/QUOTE]

I think he may have dominated in a couple of games,  but overall I don't think he has been dominant.  I would like to see him with the C's but I know in reality he is probably in a better place for himself where he is at.

Sections
Shortcuts