Why Celtics and Lakers Will Win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Why Celtics and Lakers Will Win

It's simple, the Magic and the Heat played so well last night. Usually teams that play so well the previous game will have a let down on the next game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Why Celtics and Lakers Will Win

I hope that you are right.  I want both of these teams to win tomorrow. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The thing going for the Lakers is they're so mad that they lost to the Bucks. 

I don't think the Magic can shoot 59.5% from the field and 52% from 3pt land for 2 straight games. That game against the Spurs was an aberration.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And the Celts are a better defensive team than the Spurs.  Doc knows to test the Magic by sticking close to their 3 point shooters and forcing Howard to go one on one.  If he can carry them all by himself, THEN Doc will consider a double team but I bet we at least test him early in the game by trying to restrict the 3 point shooters from getting lots of open looks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Finally a good basketball thread. I agree with all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The NBA marketing department has already stuffed the game into orlando's stocking, mark my words.

The lakers/heat game is getting tougher to call.  If LA was playing well and heat needed a win I'd pick heat.  Last year's meeting of cavs in LA was practically a consolation game for the cavs.  But the way things are going now, LA may need a feel good win worse than miami.

I still say orlando and miami win tomorrow.  Historically, Christmas games have gone to the underdogs.  We'll see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

This is what im hoping for!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Ho ho ho
    C's by fo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: Why Celtics and Lakers Will Win:
    [QUOTE]And the Celts are a better defensive team than the Spurs.  Doc knows to test the Magic by sticking close to their 3 point shooters and forcing Howard to go one on one.  If he can carry them all by himself, THEN Doc will consider a double team but I bet we at least test him early in the game by trying to restrict the 3 point shooters from getting lots of open looks.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Why Double down on Howard and let a three pointer shooter get hot?  Let Howard carry them until he can't.  Shaq, JON, and Semih have anough fouls to give.  Howard will not be moving SHAQ around.  Stay on your man and force howard to make shots.  That is the strategy I would use.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Great game by the Magic, they didn't fold down the stretch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Yep the refs put them in a position to win it, but when the time came they won it themselves.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

How about me?  I'm 1 for 1 and if the heat hold on I'm 2 for 2.  And this will be 2 for two three years running.

How about a little love for me and the nba marketing department.  I guess I'll wait until the la/miami game is over before I count my chickens, but am I the only one on this board who picked either the C's OR the heat?

And by the way, lest you think I'm seeming happy for the c's to lose, I'm not.  I do believe the script this year has us standing at the end. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Unfortunately, the Celtics and the Lakers both lost today.  Very disappointing losses by both teams. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why Celtics and Lakers Will Win : It's 6:00 and you are 0 for 1. So, why are the Celtics supposed to win? Right!!!
    Posted by SNAZZYP[/QUOTE]

As a Celtic fan and NOT a fan of the Heat what was I supposed to say, Magic and Heat will win?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

For Celts it was one loss with some reasons/excuses like injuries.  We can put it in perspective.   However, for the Lakers, this looks much more worrisome!  For all the folks that called the Celtics old.......guess what west coast team looks REALLY old!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

As a Celtic fan and NOT a fan of the Heat what was I supposed to say, Magic and Heat will win?

You eat your word huh? vomit it out please....learn lesson 101 don't follow Barkley's prediction.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]As a Celtic fan and NOT a fan of the Heat what was I supposed to say, Magic and Heat will win? You eat your word huh? vomit it out please....learn lesson 101 don't follow Barkley's prediction.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Barkley said Celtics will lose.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Celtics and Lakers Will Win : Barkley said Celtics will lose. http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2010/12/23/20101223_top5_inside_4.nba/
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You dissapointed me, I thought you know all about the Celtics.
    Merry christmas.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Celtics and Lakers Will Win : You dissapointed me, I thought you know all about the Celtics. Merry christmas.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Win some lose some. Can't win 'em all.

Merry Christmas to you too!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Celtics and Lakers Will Win : Win some lose some. Can't win 'em all. Merry Christmas to you too!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    I guess that's what I was trying to get at. It's only one loss. Patience my friend.

Sections
Shortcuts