Why Celtics won't win 40 games!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Why Celtics won't win 40 games!

SmileNumber one reason Danny Ainge  worst GM in league. Refuses to draft international stars . Last years draft picks Moore and Johnson  waved by Rockets
    ,good evaluation Danny.
    2. Garnett ,Pierce,Terry old and on the downside of career. If Garnett goes down C's won't win 30 games.
    3.Wilcox and Green coming back after Aortic Valve Replacement, some doctors would never allow them to ever play basketball again. Danger of stroke 50% higher. Both players are taking blood thinners and should avoid physical contact as it could cause massive bleeding. Why would Ainge give Green 36 million over four years??
    4.Rookie  Melo at center ? give me a break Melo is a D league player at best.
    Will be out of league in 2 years tops.Scored 4 points a game in college against 6'-7" players.
    5. Backup center 36 year old bum Jason the brick layer Collins.
    6. Back up 3 man a second round pick.
    7. Bench could be the worst bench in the league, rookies and castoff's .
    Bass can't jump ,slow on defense,his backup Sullinger same MO slow can't jump and has a herniated disk in back.

Boston got lucky last year as the season was shorter by 3 months and the young players around the league came back out of shape. Garnett and Pierce have zero chance of playing a 82 game schedule and play-offs without getting hurt.

Ainge should have blown the team up and gotten something out of Allen,Pierce and Garnetts value. He chose to ride a dead horse .

Happy SundaySmile
    Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Why Celtics won't win 40 games!

Run, this is certainly your most ridiculous post.....the reason the Celtics won't win 40 games is because they will surpass that number by at least 10 wins....I know you are an "old timer" (so am I)....but you can't be serious regarding our bench...Terry was 6th Man of the Year during the Mav's championship year and is two years younger than Ray (with better all around skills)....Green and Lee bring athleticism and both have been starters....c'mon pal...DA is the worst....?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Run,  I will bet you that we do.  If I lose,  I am gone from here forever,  if you lose you are gone.  Deal? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I agree, the C's won't win 40-games. They will win 62!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Why Celtics won't win 40 games!:
    [QUOTE]Number one reason Danny Ainge  worst GM in league. Refuses to draft international stars . Last years draft picks Moore and Johnson  waved by Rockets ,good evaluation Danny. 2. Garnett ,Pierce,Terry old and on the downside of career. If Garnett goes down C's won't win 30 games. 3.Wilcox and Green coming back after Aortic Valve Replacement, some doctors would never allow them to ever play basketball again. Danger of stroke 50% higher. Both players are taking blood thinners and should avoid physical contact as it could cause massive bleeding. Why would Ainge give Green 36 million over four years?? 4.Rookie  Melo at center ? give me a break Melo is a D league player at best. Will be out of league in 2 years tops.Scored 4 points a game in college against 6'-7" players. 5. Backup center 36 year old bum Jason the brick layer Collins. 6. Back up 3 man a second round pick. 7. Bench could be the worst bench in the league, rookies and castoff's . Bass can't jump ,slow on defense,his backup Sullinger same MO slow can't jump and has a herniated disk in back. Boston got lucky last year as the season was shorter by 3 months and the young players around the league came back out of shape. Garnett and Pierce have zero chance of playing a 82 game schedule and play-offs without getting hurt. Ainge should have blown the team up and gotten something out of Allen,Pierce and Garnetts value. He chose to ride a dead horse . Happy Sunday Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

I agree with this portion for sure. DA should have been bold and blown them up.

If they stay healthy... and that's a HUGE caveat, they'll win 45 to 50 games. Otherwise... curtains.

When the face of the franchise has yet to take a contested jumper in 6 seasons, it should give pause for concern about the future.

But hey... his jersey sales are top 10.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Why Celtics won't win 40 games!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Why Celtics won't win 40 games! : I agree with this portion for sure. DA should have been bold and blown them up. If they stay healthy... and that's a HUGE caveat, they'll win 45 to 50 games. Otherwise... curtains. When the face of the franchise has yet to take a contested jumper in 6 seasons, it should give pause for concern about the future. But hey... his jersey sales are top 10. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    It makes more sense to blow up this ridiculous thread

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Terrible post by our worst contributor and support by our second worst - neither of whom are fans of the team. Can you guys swap Yahoo IDs please and take up your chat on how much you hate this team there? Thanks in advance. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Celtics won't win 40 games! : It makes more sense to blow up this ridiculous thread
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

BDC is chocked full of ridiculous threads during the off season.

Or haven't you noticed?

Look around and hold your nose.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

Don't you guys see. These posts by run are made because he doesn't want to jinx the Celtics by saying they will be successful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Terrible post by our worst contributor and support by our second worst - neither of whom are fans of the team. Can you guys swap Yahoo IDs please and take up your chat on how much you hate this team there? Thanks in advance. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Well at least our misogynist, self-appointed Sheriff Spankygurl didn't pretend to take posters off of  IGNORE this time around in order to stalk and bully.

That's progress of sorts.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Run, just run away and don't come back!!!!  Pud, your were doing pretty good for a while w/o bashing Rondo.  I see your back to your old ways. Good day, mate!!  Go C's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Celtics won't win 40 games! : BDC is chocked full of ridiculous threads during the off season. Or haven't you noticed? Look around and hold your nose. Pud

Barney there are also quite a few posts in that category.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

hahahahahahahhaha

Run the ignorant hateful racist posts some of the worst garbage ever seen

Celts will get at least 50 wins...outside shot at 60

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I want to see run go one on one with Oneonone and take him up on his bet!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]Number one reason Danny Ainge  worst GM in league....Happy Sunday Run

Since you promised not to watch the C's this year I had high hopes that you would realize that you had nothing relevant to post here.      Today you have dashed my hopes in that regard ...   Happy Sunday?   It would be happier without your stupid comments polluting the scene.   please go away...   I have never put anyone on ignore....   not even the dopey Laker trolls...you just might push me over the edge.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Hey RUN, we're all here for you Man

Put down the pipe  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g&feature=related

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Celtics won't win 40 games! : BDC is chocked full of ridiculous threads during the off season. Or haven't you noticed? Look around and hold your nose. Pud
    It's good form to comment on the thread you're posting to.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why Celtics won't win 40 games! : I agree with this portion for sure. DA should have been bold and blown them up. If they stay healthy... and that's a HUGE caveat, they'll win 45 to 50 games. Otherwise... curtains. When the face of the franchise has yet to take a contested jumper in 6 seasons, it should give pause for concern about the future. But hey... his jersey sales are top 10. Pud

Hey man, its only 12 steps..you can do it....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]Number one reason Danny Ainge  worst GM in league. Refuses to draft international stars . Last years draft picks Moore and Johnson  waved by Rockets ,good evaluation Danny. 2. Garnett ,Pierce,Terry old and on the downside of career. If Garnett goes down C's won't win 30 games. 3.Wilcox and Green coming back after Aortic Valve Replacement, some doctors would never allow them to ever play basketball again. Danger of stroke 50% higher. Both players are taking blood thinners and should avoid physical contact as it could cause massive bleeding. Why would Ainge give Green 36 million over four years?? 4.Rookie  Melo at center ? give me a break Melo is a D league player at best. Will be out of league in 2 years tops.Scored 4 points a game in college against 6'-7" players. 5. Backup center 36 year old bum Jason the brick layer Collins. 6. Back up 3 man a second round pick. 7. Bench could be the worst bench in the league, rookies and castoff's . Bass can't jump ,slow on defense,his backup Sullinger same MO slow can't jump and has a herniated disk in back. Boston got lucky last year as the season was shorter by 3 months and the young players around the league came back out of shape. Garnett and Pierce have zero chance of playing a 82 game schedule and play-offs without getting hurt. Ainge should have blown the team up and gotten something out of Allen,Pierce and Garnetts value. He chose to ride a dead horse . Happy Sunday Run
    Couldn't agree more on some of these valid points!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why Celtics won't win 40 games! : Couldn't agree more on some of these valid points!
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

Says the guy whose team has added a 38 yr old and a 36 yr old!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Celtics won't win 40 games! : Says the guy whose team has added a 38 yr old and a 36 yr old!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Son, I noticed you and Fierce showed up at the same time this evening....again!
    HA HA HA

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Celtics won't win 40 games! : Son, I noticed you and Fierce showed up at the same time this evening....again! HA HA HA
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

Tool, I have no idea what you are talking about!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

While Ainge does seem to have an odd aversion to European players (sasha notwithstanding), Green's contract did seem like a it of a stretch given his health issues, and there is no doubt that the Celts are a little thin up front (probably one legit veteran big away), even these few reasonable criticisms (mixed in with the others) in no way add up to the celtics winning 40 games next year. As constituted they are a 50-plus win team and will be a top 3-4 seed in the east. 

I'd contend that a full regular season would not have affected them any more than anyone else last year, and if did it was due directly to the loss of Jeff Gren and Chris Wilcox, players they were depending on to be part of their rotation. On average, the Heat (the 5th oldest) were almost the same age as the Celtics (the 3rd oldest) and they won a championship. The Celtics have also gotten significantly younger and went from the third oldest team to the tenth so that argument doesn't really hold up. Projecting the current 15 man roster, only Garnett, Pierce, Wilcox, Collins, and Terry are older veterans, a quantity that has proven absolutely essential in winning an NBA championship btw. 

The statement 'if garnett gets hurt' simply cannot be used. The same can be said for any team in the league. take away blake griffin or chris paul from the clippers; take away lebron or wade form the heat; nowitzki from the mavs; durant or westbrook from okc and the same applies. Any basketball argument has to assume health of the players. You say they are depending on older players and they will break-down. Time will tell. Health is not something you can control - look at the Bulls and Derick Rose. Or take Brandon Roy. Or Greg Oden. Or Yao Ming. Age is certainly not the only factor in determining players health. 

Celtics bench not even close to being worst in the league. Once Bradley is healthy, at worst middle of the pack, maybe much better than that. Not many teams can boast jeff green, chris wilcox, courtney Lee, and Jason terry as part of their second unit. 

Jeff Green is the Celtics "back-up 3 man" not jospeh, who likely will not even be on the 12 man roster for the bulk of the season

Jason Collins is a space filler, there to provide insurance, defend against bigger centers, and use up fouls. He is clearly capable of playing 5-10 minutes per night for a contending team. He started for a playoff team last year. 

Wilcox is the back-up center. 

if Melo is on the 12 man roster he will surely be at the very end of the bench. 

Sections
Shortcuts