Why Conduct a Stress Test? (ref: surgery encyclopedia.com)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Why Conduct a Stress Test? (ref: surgery encyclopedia.com)

Why Conduct a Stress Test? (ref: surgery encyclopedia.com):

A stress test is primarily used to identify coronary artery disease. It requires patients to exercise on a treadmill or exercise bicycle while their heart rate, blood pressure, electrocardiogram (ECG), and symptoms are monitored.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: Why Conduct a Stress Test? (ref: surgery encyclopedia.com)

I know someone who has gone through this recently.  It revealed blocked arteries which have been rectified.  Not good news for anyone, career impeding if an athlete

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Hopefully it is something that can be corrected, for health and quality of life reasons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I talked to a good friend who works for a cardiac unit at a major Boston hospital.  Take it for what its worth, but if he failed a stress test it's because he may have been born with a heart defect.  He tells me it's not uncommon for these things to go undetected for years, but he thought it was hard to imagine since pro athletes are subjected to rigourous/thorough testing since they're paid so much. 

The first thing that came to mind was Reggie Lewis.  I hope that isn't the case for Jeff Green.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Some athletes exhibit arrhythmia under stress that is undectable in average physical exams; the stress test would reveal such a condition. What is the game changer is an enlarged heart, also unfortunately found in some athletes, especially those who are taller and heavier. I'm sure that the Celtics want to make certain that they are not endagering the kid by putting him on the floor prematurely until they know the diagnosis and prognosis. They don't want another another Reggie Lewis situation and are willing to move slowly and cautiously enough to prevent it.  It a good and sympathetic move on their part. At least the estimable Mudge won't be in on the consult.

Sections
Shortcuts