WHY DID WE HAVE RAY UNDERNEATH ON BOSH ON THAT TIP-IN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WHY DID WE HAVE RAY UNDERNEATH ON BOSH ON THAT TIP-IN?

of everything that happened last night, that is the most glaring thing for me. with the heat up by 3 and 28 seconds left, with us needing a stop and a rebound, doc had kg go one on one, mano a mano on bron. kg forced him into a low percentage contested fade away shot from just within the 3-point line. the celts could not have asked for worse shot. down low, ray was seen working his heart out to box out bosh. pp was cheating but was clearly responsible for rushing out james jones had the ball been kicked out to him as jeff green was way on the other side right up on chalmers if not mistaken. up top, west was right up on wade. there was no fast break or transition-mandated switching. this was deliberate on doc's part. 

so y wasnt ray out there on james jones and pierce down low on bosh? we're talking  a 6'7 wide body with some lift versus a stringbean 6'5 ray allen on the 7' chrissy bosh. why not have the 6'9 jeff green down low on bosh with ray and pp on the corners? better yet, y not have jo in the game for that rebound with ray and pp in the corners in that instance. we still had a time-out for the offense/defense switch? 

seriously, i dont get the logic. please feel free to educate me. what should we have done?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: WHY DID WE HAVE RAY UNDERNEATH ON BOSH ON THAT TIP-IN?

My thought before LeBron shot was that KG should not have been out at the top of the key guarding LeBron.  I thought LeBron either going to drive by him or he is going to shoot uncontested shot because KG would be backing off so much, and then lastly, with small team, who the hell was going to rebound?  Then LeBron shot and the rest was history.  KG should have been down low and tried to contest if LeBron went in to the basket, and leave Pierce on LeBron tight.  Maybe Doc is worried with how LeBron can elevate and shoot from outside over Pierce like he did in recent possessions but I take that over what we did anytime.  If it was by design (to have KG at the top guarding LeBron), then it was a very stupid plan, IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

It was a bad switch. Paul got picked off lebron so Garnett switched over to him and got him to miss. but because Garnett was on Lebron their was noone to box out Bosh. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

There was no need to switch.  LeBron was just holding the ball and still surveying the field.  All Paul had to do was to go around the pick and stayed with LeBron if he was actually picked.  It seemed there could have been a concious decision to put KG on LeBron but I don't know.  KG was not even covering Bosh at the time and somehow Pierce got swithed to Jones.  Just a messed up play at a very crucial time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I think it was "in-the-heat-of-the-moment" mistake by KG. PP had ample time to switch back to Lebron but KG stayed by Lebron.
    Also, KG should've known that Lebron's going to shoot: at the end of the game all his jumpers were getting in.
    I don't think that Doc was involved in this episode.

AK

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Its just one of many unfortunate episodes dow the stretch, that separates the good from the great...too bad..I thought we hade plenty of chances towin this game,,but oh well, not crying over spilled milk..you can question every single play, but its done..playing the blame game is easy...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: WHY DID WE HAVE RAY UNDERNEATH ON BOSH ON THAT TIP-IN?:
    Its just one of many unfortunate episodes dow the stretch, that separates the good from the great...too bad..I thought we hade plenty of chances towin this game,,but oh well, not crying over spilled milk..you can question every single play, but its done..playing the blame game is easy...
    Posted by Ortiz123

Amen, my man.  Let's move on and talk about what the C's can do to win game 5.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

What bothers me is instead of Jeff Green and KG it was KG and Pierce as the C and PF. Ray's inability to keep up with Wade forced Doc to use a small lineup with Delonte as the SG and Ray as the SF. 
    Posted by Fiercest34
    so y not have green on the king with pp and ray in the corners on chalmers or james jones? with kg down low on bosh for the rebound. no way he's tipping it in over kg.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

I'll tell you what really happened.   Something that many in my rec league do and it must be from the pressure of the situation that an all-pro like KG shouldn't do.   The "little things" is the difference between winning and losing.
       With about 40secs, the C's scored to be down by 3.   When the Heat was taking the ball out of bounds, instead of getting back, KG hesitated and started playing as if the team was gonna full court trap.   The announcer mentioned that the C's don't have to foul, but I thought the C's would cause (KG) looked confused.   There was no trap and KG just came down the court w/ the ball and not run down to get his man who was already down the court.  When they they got to the front court, KG was w/ LBJ.   PP (?RA) was close.   They both motioned to switch onto their man.   There was no pick situation so maybe they felt that if they did the switch, then either LBJ would be open for a wide open or the other man (? Bosh) would be left alone for too long.   (I don't think LBJ woulda reacted cause he was using clock and the other 3 C's were in position to clog the middle).   So, KG was on LBJ and Bosh was the only "big" down low cause the C's had PP, RA, RR and DW also in the game.   Bosh took advantage.  
       To win, you have to not let the pressure get to you, but KG let it get to him in the final moments.   1)  not going to set the pick at end of regulation and 2) not going back and getting his man.   These were 2 big plays and maybe the difference of winning and losing.   Experienced players should be more calm esp when the clock is winding down

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

p.s. :   I ask my rec teamates that if we don't full court press for the whole game, what makes them think that it's gonna work in the last 20secs.   It's unorganized.   Some are pressing, some don't know what to do and are nowhere(s) men playing in nowheres land.   Unless the team has real athletes, it doesn't work (without practice).   Everybody wants to be Rick Pitino's @ end of games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: WHY DID WE HAVE RAY UNDERNEATH ON BOSH ON THAT TIP-IN? : The lineup at that time was KG, Pierce, Ray, Delonte, and Rondo. Delonte was put in the game to guard Wade. Ray Allen can't keep up with Wade anymore that's why. 
    Posted by Fiercest34
    rondo was clearly NOT in the game. it was green. u can see the #8 come flying in after the ball is tipped in! rondo was on the bench for most of the overtime!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

My question is, with a little tweener shot like that, why is everyone watching to see if it is going to go in, and not going with a full head of steam to the glass in case it misses?  You know on a shot like that the ball is only going to come about 4 feet of the rim and more likely 2 feet.  You can't make a play if you're standing there just watching.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

My question is, with a little tweener shot like that, why is everyone watching to see if it is going to go in, and not going with a full head of steam to the glass in case it misses?  You know on a shot like that the ball is only going to come about 4 feet of the rim and more likely 2 feet.  You can't make a play if you're standing there just watching.
    Posted by jeezem
    RAY was working buttt off in boxing out bosh.. pp was spying on jj and green was way too far off on chalmers or miller in the other corner. if u see the replay, it was green who came flying in as soon as the ball left james' hand but he was a sec too late!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I'll tell you what really happened.   Something that many in my rec league do and it must be from the pressure of the situation that an all-pro like KG shouldn't do.   The "little things" is the difference between winning and losing.    With about 40secs, the C's scored to be down by 3.   When the Heat was taking the ball out of bounds, instead of getting back, KG hesitated and started playing as if the team was gonna full court trap.   The announcer mentioned that the C's don't have to foul, but I thought the C's would cause (KG) looked confused.   There was no trap and KG just came down the court w/ the ball and not run down to get his man who was already down the court.  When they they got to the front court, KG was w/ LBJ.   PP (?RA) was close.   They both motioned to switch onto their man.   There was no pick situation so maybe they felt that if they did the switch, then either LBJ would be open for a wide open or the other man (? Bosh) would be left alone for too long.   (I don't think LBJ woulda reacted cause he was using clock and the other 3 C's were in position to clog the middle).   So, KG was on LBJ and Bosh was the only "big" down low cause the C's had PP, RA, RR and DW also in the game.   Bosh took advantage.      To win, you have to not let the pressure get to you, but KG let it get to him in the final moments.   1)  not going to set the pick at end of regulation and 2) not going back and getting his man.   These were 2 big plays and maybe the difference of winning and losing.   Experienced players should be more calm esp when the clock is winding down
    Posted by docc

docc, spot on description.  KG was gassed but he has GOT to run back down court.  I hate it when he stays back to harrass the guy bringing the ball up court.  To me, it's that kind of nonsense that drains his energy needlessly.  After the basket, he should have sprinted back down court to Bosh so we could properly set our defense for one final stand.

By not getting back, he caused alot of confusion which eventually led to Ray trying to box out Bosh down low.

It's the little things that make a huge difference.

Sections
Shortcuts