Why didn't we try 4 speights

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mike5says. Show mike5says's posts

Why didn't we try 4 speights

Yes it was a salary dump by the Griz but the man is 6 10 young and has had his moments, saw him play for the cavs the other night very high energy guy. Also big part of griz he let their bigs rest .6 10 the main thing. Any thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Re: Why didn't we try 4 speights

Because Doc and DA think they can win without any bigs.  They are not needed to compete in the NBA in 2012.  They are trying to copycat the Heat.  Only thing is they don't have LJ.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StrongArmHnz. Show StrongArmHnz's posts

In response to mike5says' comment:

Yes it was a salary dump by the Griz but the man is 6 10 young and has had his moments, saw him play for the cavs the other night very high energy guy. Also big part of griz he let their bigs rest .6 10 the main thing. Any thoughts

Good Thought, I would trade Bass for Speights. Speights averages 11 less minutes per game, and they have similar stats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to StrongArmHnz's comment:

Good Thought, I would trade Bass for Speights. Speights averages 11 less minutes per game, and they have similar stats.

I would trade Bass for anyone who will take him off our books.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mike5says. Show mike5says's posts

I get what ur saying, look what the cavs gave up. We could of gave willcox collins and the two guys we released and we would end up with speights and a pick haha. The Griz didn't care as long as they got rid of the contract just saying. How did the fo miss that

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesandersonwho. Show jamesandersonwho's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I get what ur saying, look what the cavs gave up. We could of gave willcox collins and the two guys we released and we would end up with speights and a pick haha. The Griz didn't care as long as they got rid of the contract just saying. How did the fo miss that

Nobody missed anything.

Wilcox, Collins, and the 2 released were not enough to get Speights. A trade like that won't work because of the salary cap rules. So what you're proposing is not viable.

I'll break it down.

Wilcox - 854k

Collins - 854k

Joseph - 473k

Varnado - 473k

That's only 2.65m. Speights salary is 4.2m.

So again, nobody missed anything.

They had an open roster spot,so if they really wanted him. They could have signed a guy and included him in the trade.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts