Why do people think Austin Rivers is going to be a Celtic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Why do people think Austin Rivers is going to be a Celtic?

Just throwing this out there because I've seen it a lot on the message boards recently. 

First, he hasn't played a single college game!

Second, most NBA experts have him pegged as a future #1 overall pick (top 5 if you don't believe that assessment)

Third, Doc may not be our coach when Austin declares for the draft.

So with all that, do we really think the Celtics are going to be in a position to draft/trade for and sign Austin Rivers when he comes out of college?

He may decide to stay in school because his family doesn't need the money the way some other NBA hopefuls do!  There is always the possibility of injury.  There is also a possibility that Doc would not want to coach his son at this level!

I just don't see this as a possibility, but please...someone...anyone...tell me how they see this happening.  I'd love it if they could pull it off, but there are too many factors to make that prediction today. (As I see it)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: Why do people think Austin Rivers is going to be a Celtic?

I am not one of these people but I could see it when I think about it.

Doc will likely leave after this year and people likley think that by the time Austin declares we will be picking in the range he will be selected anyways.

The Celtics roster two years from now is going to look incredibly different and the chance to bring in Austin I would say is huge but hes likely going to be the number one selection so we would have to be terrible to get him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

The likelihood is very small.  People are smoking odd substances.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It is a topic that should be of no interest at all.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

In Response to Re: Why do people think Austin Rivers is going to be a Celtic?:
    It is a topic that should be of no interest at all.  
    Posted by concord27

Yet you felt the need to comment....thanks for adding nothing.  You should have saved your key-strokes!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The only poster who thinks Austin Rivers will be a Celtic, also happens to be the board Idiot!!!  HAHAHA

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Why do people think Austin Rivers is going to be a Celtic?:
    The likelihood is very small.  People are smoking odd substances.
    Posted by Number6Fan

Pretty funny!  This will only happen if the Celtics have a high draft pick, which will only happen if they have a losing season.    I am going to be more optimistic about the future of the Celtics team. 

Sections
Shortcuts