why do so many think that Fav will be our starting center?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: why do so many think that Fav will be our starting center?

In response to kdp59's comment:

and first...to all pre-teen d*ck shakers out there...take you crap somewhere else. If you wnt to cal each other names  go somewhere else or better yet meet up in an alley and get it done like grownups (which none of you act like).

now:

I see more than a couple fans here who seem to think that Fav will be our starting center this year. I am more than puzzled by this and was wondering what reasoning they have for this.

I don,t think we will know until we see him with the big boys. Maybe by default

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I cant see Fab starting for the C's.... not if we're trying to win games.

Who knows.. this is a free  season, sort of speak.. nothing to lose because expectations are zero... so maybe they give him a shot to play his way into a decent center..

Still, I just cant see it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

I bet there will be no starting "center".  The C's (yes Doc) called Bass a starting center.  After the dust settles in December, Oly and Sully wiil likely be the 2 guys called PF and C most often.  Spreading the floor to allow Rondo's or Jeff's drives may be the main focus on half-court offense.  Jeff could move to 2 guard with Bass providing one more perimeter shooter. On defense the "plan" may be to run a second guy at the other center when he has the ball in the paint.   I am looking forward to seeing it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think the answer is, based on the contract he got.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

My guess is that during the 4 or 5 preseason games you'll see:

1. Fav start at Center

2. Fab start at Center

3. Humpty Dumpty start at Center

4. Sullinger start at Center

I think whoever fits the best will be there day 1. I've sort of conceded the fact that Hump will be the starting 5 because he is probably the strongest, and who cares if we play him out of position.

My hope is that Sullinger becomes strong enough to start there eventually. I'm just dying to see the Rondo, Bradley, Green, KO, Sully lineup, and then the same but with Marshon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to postal5's comment:

I bet there will be no starting "center".  The C's (yes Doc) called Bass a starting center.  After the dust settles in December, Oly and Sully wiil likely be the 2 guys called PF and C most often.  Spreading the floor to allow Rondo's or Jeff's drives may be the main focus on half-court offense.  Jeff could move to 2 guard with Bass providing one more perimeter shooter. On defense the "plan" may be to run a second guy at the other center when he has the ball in the paint.   I am looking forward to seeing it.

Not sure about this ... it would have to be a pretty slow 2 guard, like Joe Johnson.

I definitely like all of our small-ball line-ups tho with Jeff at the 4

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

I see more than a couple fans here who seem to think that Fav will be our starting center this year. I am more than puzzled by this and was wondering what reasoning they have for this.

kdp59,

Currently, he's the only candidate who is a tru 5 and has some experience (even non-NBA).

I don't think Fab can do it. Sully, Hump or KO are not 5. They can play that position as a substitute, thou.

But again, it's too early to say. Per general consensus there will be changes in the roster, so Fav might not get the starting role.

AK

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Yep....Humpty Dumpty IS  a defensive force in the paint...way better than Fab Melo......he'd be the 2nd team "5" after Fav

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Even a PF platoon system at center seems an improvement over Fab...

Ever since he had that monster game last season expectations started to grow but we saw nothing more from him.  Considering this is a throw away season by many peoples estimation, anything is possible but he hasnt shown much improvement to matter from what ive read and the little ive seen

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

I think the answer is, based on the contract he got.

well...that is as good an answer as I can think of....though $2M is not exactly NBA starter money.

I mean Don't get me wrong, I hope those that see FAV as a Starter are correct. I just don't know WHAT they are basing that on myself.

I think his history says he's AT BEST a marginal NBA back up and obviously no one else was knocking down his door to be their starting center in the NBA at least.

so if I folow the "logic" that :

1) Ainge must see something in him

2) he's young and we should play him to see what we ahve

Then wouldn't it follow that the Celtics start MELO at center next year?

1) ainge must see something in him to draft him

2) he's young and we shoudl play him to see what we  have.

that said, I do NOT THINK that Melo can be starting NBA center (he may NEVER even be an NBA player).

but I make the argument that MELO deserves as much "love" from the fans as Fav does.

I keep trying to find some reason to believe that FAV will be anything more than a scrub on an AVERAGE NBA roster and I simply can't see it.

I would argue (like others in this htread) that Humphries and Sullinger BOTH have a better chance to be the Celtics Starting Center next year than EITHER Fav or Melo.

If no more deals are doen before the season starts I still thnk the usual starting lineup (assuming everyone is 100%) will be

C- Sullinger

PF- Bass

SF- Green

SG- Bradley

PG- Rondo

if Rondo comes back slowly

C- Sullinger

PF- Bass

SF- Green

SG- Lee

PG- Bradley

If Sully is slow to get back

C- Humphries

PF- Bass

SF- green

SG- Bradley

PG- Rondo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

and first...to all pre-teen d*ck shakers out there...take you crap somewhere else. If you wnt to cal each other names  go somewhere else or better yet meet up in an alley and get it done like grownups (which none of you act like).

now:

Because right now Favis the only "true center" on the roster.  By the time the season starts we may have a different center, but right now there is nobody else.

Melo is not NBA ready. No way, No how.  He needs at least another couple years of development just to avoid embarrassment.  Colton Iverson may replace him on the roster next year.

I think it highly unlikely that Danny sacrafice and risk Oly at center, other than situationally. As demonstrated in Summer League, Oly is very effective at PF.

Hump may also play some Center, but at 6'9", he may be used just to take some bruises.  He will get annialated underneath by virtually every center in the league.

Like Hump, Sully is only 6'9" and has limited vertical. He has never played center even in college. He would also get physically annialated (worse than Hump) underneath by every center in the league.     

So there is no reason to force fit a PF into the center position, when you have a true center body on the roster, and you are in a development rebuid year.  It was a position of weakness when we tried that with Garnett, who is orders of magnitude better and more exprienced than Sully, Oly or Hump.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Because he is true center.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

[QUOTE]

I cant see Fab starting for the C's.... not if we're trying to win games.

Who knows.. this is a free  season, sort of speak.. nothing to lose because expectations are zero... so maybe they give him a shot to play his way into a decent center..

Still, I just cant see it

I can't believe it!

The the one who started this thread is talking about Fav, not Fab!

Can't distinguish V from B, Karl?

Old age?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Guess I made a mistake...but sure nice to see you cant resist starting up your BS..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Karllost. Just put the troll on "Ignore" like I have.  

Despite the plea by kdp59, and everyone else, the attention queen tries to pollute every thread with his immaturity.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

LOL..it appears the mods "removed" my post.

now I guess thats one way to moderate a discussion board!!

anyone who disses the "children" on ehre who pollute htrad after threasd with childish BS time after time keep going on with no care for the mods.

I tell them to keep thier childish d*ck slapping OFF this thread and MY post is removed.

seriously?

time for some new moderators or maybe someone knows a beter Celtics baord.

Take a wild guess who reported it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Maybe we should have kept Shavlik Randolph

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

that's fine by me.....I'm never gonna say I want my team to tank, but if they lose enough to get into the lottery and have enough of a combination of ping pong balls and luck to get wiggins or jabari parker then good for us

I just want to see some basketball....Oct can't get here fast enough for me

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

NBA* basketball

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.