Why Do Some People Want to Trade FOR Players?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Why Do Some People Want to Trade FOR Players?

I thought the general concensus was to trade away assets to build for the future...

Even the most die hard Celtics fans must realize they have literally no chance to beat teams like Chicago and Miami, right?

And I'm not being a jerk, I'm a Celtics fan and have watched all of the games this year despite how mediocre they are this year...

I remember how bad the 24 win seasons were...

But that is what I would think DA is trying to prevent again...

What is the point of keeping this team together if it would end in the same result either way?

Doesn't seem like a good move...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Why Do Some People Want to Trade FOR Players?

sorry Manny you got blinders on.  We are only 1 big from being elite!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Manny, part of rebuilding is clearing cap space. If the Celtics trade off Garnett and Allen for non-expiring contracts, they'll be limiting their off-season manueverability. In this case, standing pat might be the best thing the team can do to maintain long-term flexibility.

Also, the Celtics aren't as far from contending as it may seem. They've got a top 5 point guard in Rondo. They're well-above average at PF, SF, and SG. Add an elite center and a youthful scorer (via free agency and/or the draft), and the Celtics are back in business. Look at the team statistics. They're a top 3 team in almost every defensive metric. Fix the rebounding and the Celtics probably could beat anyone in a 7 game series. Even last year, the Celtics played the Heat very close, and that was with an injured Rondo, no depth at center, and a limited Garnett.

While I think the Heat and Bulls are both better than the Celtics, I still believe the Celtics could beat either one of those teams if they added a legitimate center and bench scorer. If they had Jeff Green healthy this year, they'd conceivably already be on the same level as the Bulls, who I find overrated (in the 4th quarter, they're Derrick Rose and four spectators).

I know these are lot of ifs, but they're solvable ifs. Keep the faith.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Fair enough, guys...

I'd love to see Kaman here if he is bought out and DA really thinks they have a shot this year...

I don't see it, but I hope you guys are right...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

danny's doing everything right so far. no steals have fallen into his lap, and that's fine. he hasn't gone out there and traded rondo for scraps, which is great. we have a ton of cap space next year, which is going to be huge, especially with DH apparently off the market for at least another year. if we can get kaman for next to nothing, i'd do it. but i woudn't trade rondo, the rooks or our picks in the upcoming draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

that said, even if we got kaman and everyone who's left healthy remains healthy, we probably don't have much of a chance at a title, but at least it would be a little more competitive.