Why does Troy Murphy look washed up at such a young age?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Why does Troy Murphy look washed up at such a young age?

I hope it's just rust!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Why does Troy Murphy look washed up at such a young age?

There's still hope its just a matter of getting an offensive rhythm but the performance we are seeing is exactly what happened in New Jersey.  So, I'm hopeful, but not optimistic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

i mean, you don't forget how to play basketball at 30..... has he had any major injuries ? i don't remember it      is he in personal-family prises ? perhaps, nobody knows it   otherwise it's just adjustment time

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

how many times I said, there is no WD40 can unfreeze a rusted reject.

.....beside murphy there are two more  shasha and arroyo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Does anyone know sheeds cell phone number, i need to hit him up because troy i will seriously give you 5 games to show some progress or u are the weakest link 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Come on, give the guy some time. He has not played, and he is learning the system.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Why does Troy Murphy look washed up at such a young age?:
    Come on, give the guy some time. He has not played, and he is learning the system.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

What has that got to do with hitting open shots? Nothing!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

he isn't in shape. no excuse for not staying in shape knowing he was a prime candidate to be bought out and sought by contenders

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

He used to look skinny when he was playing well.  To me, he looks downright tubby now by nba standards.  I agree he let himself go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am definitely not counting on seeing him in the playoffs.

He moves almost a slowly as Perkins.

I think as the injured start to come back Murphy will be given up on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Easy guys. Dude has been idle for a spell. He'll get it together.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Some patience still is needed for the new guys. Still more games to be played before the playoffs. Let's see what happens.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

where are all the posters that thought Murphy was the answer to #18? If the Nets and the Warriors couldn't find minutes for him, what made anyone think he would contribute here?
    He is strictly minutes for the last 20 games that Shaq and KG don't have to play 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I think murphy just didn't practice when he got no playing time. I think he'll regret it now because he sure could have been part of an excellent playoff rotation. I want doc to give him time until the playoffs... Sheed isn't coming back and he is worth the effort. If he doesn't get it together by then he wont see a minute of playing time when it matters the most.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

No way we will give up a big body and not replace him.  He will be suited up against Magic or Lakers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Sorry, but not playing has everything to do with it.

New job, nerves, do I take a shot or don't I, learning the system, all affect shooting. Lets give him some time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

how many times I said, there is no WD40 can unfreeze a rusted reject. .....beside murphy there are two more  shasha and arroyo
    Posted by CHEisCHE

I hope you wrong about Arroyo  I think he fits what Doc was looking for.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Rust, he's always been a slow starter five more games and he'll be playing better 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

NBA players practice all season and do shoot arounds.  There's no reason he can't hit a couple of shots.  Don't make excuses for him. Maybe it will come tonight.  We'll see.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I think murphy just didn't practice when he got no playing time. I think he'll regret it now because he sure could have been part of an excellent playoff rotation. I want doc to give him time until the playoffs... Sheed isn't coming back and he is worth the effort. If he doesn't get it together by then he wont see a minute of playing time when it matters the most.
    Posted by MichBelgium

don't just think it, BELIEVE IT- he asked to be excused from the team and was GRANTED PERMISSION to check out of the joint after colonel avery told him he wasn't going to play.  that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's pretty obvious murph caught up on his beer drinkin' in the mean time and did nothing to stay in shape.  that's a bad mistake that may haunt him right to europe in short order.

i don't understand the approach, this was a big contract year for murph and he's showed up to the party a dead ringer for a bowl of jello. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If Murph signed with the Heat and played well in the playoffs the people here would be all over Ainge for not being able to sign Murphy. This discussion is like a dog running after its own tail!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

I don't think offense is my concern.  My main concern is he just doesn't look motivated. He's just sleep walking out there.  Shows ZERO intensity.  Kristic is slow but he's hustling, same with Pavlovic and Arroyo.  They are trying were Murphy looks barely interested.  Anyone esle see this?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I hope it's just the rust, but even if it isn't...

Keeping Murphy away from Miami, NY, Chicago, Orlando was a big +++ for the Celtics.

Even if he's just here to eat up minutes until the playoffs when Shaq and Jermaine are back , I still think it was a good move to bring Murphy into the mix. 

I say he shakes off the rust and ends up making a Nate Robinson type contribution somewhere down the line. Should've gave him a different # though, #1 , #7 or Delonte's #13 .............would've sold a HUGE amount of jerseys
    Just sayin...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Why does Troy Murphy look washed up at such a young age? : don't just think it, BELIEVE IT- he asked to be excused from the team and was GRANTED PERMISSION to check out of the joint after colonel avery told him he wasn't going to play.  that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's pretty obvious murph caught up on his beer drinkin' in the mean time and did nothing to stay in shape.  that's a bad mistake that may haunt him right to europe in short order. i don't understand the approach, this was a big contract year for murph and he's showed up to the party a dead ringer for a bowl of jello. 
    Posted by aciemvp

Troy's agent- "Troy, Boston or Miami?"
    Troy- " BOSTON! They have the BEST beer in AMERICA!!!!!"

Sections
Shortcuts