Why don't GREEN, BRADLEY, and BASS come up as trade "bait?"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Why don't GREEN, BRADLEY, and BASS come up as trade "bait?"

Sullinger and Olynyk came up in the Love rumors.  

But we haven't seen Green, Bass, Bradley being touted as "bait" for making a deal with any other team, have we?

Is it possible that no one else wants them, or, at least, might like to have them on their squad but don't want to part with anything valuable to get them?

Not knowing generally what these guys are worth on the open market makes it hard to put them into trade scenarios.

You hear OKC thinks about taking Shumpert in exchange for the #29 pick.  Love and Martin for Thompson, Barnes and Lee.

Anyone help me with the equivalents to  Green, Bass, and Bradley?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Why don't GREEN, BRADLEY, and BASS come up as trade

I doubt that Danny and other GMs divulge their serious and private ongoing trade discussions with you or the media unless they are for the purpose of subterfuge or other ulterior motives.  That said, there are leaks, bribes, favors and speculation that influence an occasional rumor to find its way out.

Its reasonable to assume that Danny is not only entertaining, but likely initializing trade discussions with Bradley, Green, Bass (and others) who are disposable for various reasons during the rebuild.

IMO, the three that you mention have desirable and relatively equal value in the market.  If equated to a draft choice, I would guess somewhere in the first round mid-teens.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Bradley is RFA, so he is irrelevant to this conversation at the moment.  Green is overpriced at 9 mill for 2 more years.  Bass may be become more attractive at the trade deadline due to his expiring contract, but he is not a stretch 4, and is not a good rebounder. 

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Reports I've heard come down to this: 

- Green is on a crummy overpaid contract (though there is a notion one team is interested in the Jeff Green fool's gold)

- Bass just isn't very good. He's an end of the bench kind of guy for a contender, you can sign a guy like that, don't need to trade for him. 

- Bradley will have interest but the other big dominos like Lebron Carmelo have to fall. He will probably be too expensive for some teams but with his defensive prowess and improved shooting he could be an asset. And his RFA status complicates things as Hedley points out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"IMO, the three that you mention have desirable and relatively equal value in the market. If equated to a draft choice, I would guess somewhere in the first round mid-teens.  "

????? 

You could not get a high first round pick for any of those guys. 

Bradley is by far the most desirable of the three because his ceiling hasn't been reached yet. Though - his contract price won't be small.

Green has been exposed and Bass is serviceable at best. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"IMO, the three that you mention have desirable and relatively equal value in the market. If equated to a draft choice, I would guess somewhere in the first round mid-teens.  "

????? 

You could not get a high first round pick for any of those guys. 

Bradley is by far the most desirable of the three because his ceiling hasn't been reached yet. Though - his contract price won't be small.

Green has been exposed and Bass is serviceable at best. 

[/QUOTE]

+1.  Best you could hope for is MAYBE a pick in the 20s for Green, 2nd round pick for Bass.  I haven't ever heard a team mention interest in Bradley.  

These guys had low value before they participated in a 25 win season, now it's rock bottom.