Why don't we have the physical presence on the this team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Why don't we have the physical presence on the this team?

We won a title with some pretty physical guys, yet over the last five years we have never reloaded.  Why after watching a guy like Splitter and many others like him around the league don't we have someone like that to play alongside Garnett? It is the same problem we have had for the last three years.  What are Ainge and Danny doing?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Why don't we have the physical presence on the this team?

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Ainge passed on DeAndre Jordan in 2008. Enough said.

Jordan is just one opportunity.  I am talking about picking guys as free agents or in trades.  Surely Danny has noticed this trend especially after 2010.  I am not just talking about a rebounder or enforcer but guys who can score inside.  They are all over the league, some teams have two.  It is a joke now. Pierce and Garnett deserved better and would have won more titles.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

+1

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the lack of physical presence can be traced directly to KG's $11 MILLION dollar contract.  he should have signed for shaq money- 1 to 3 million MAX if he wanted to actually "WIN IT ALL" for "ONE MORE TIME".

looking down the line at pierce at $15 million for $10 million performance, then the self inflicted gunshot wound to the groin of green @ 9 Million- we did not have room for KG @ 11 MILLION and assemble a rest of the roster that was anywhere near complete. 

another POOR decision was made by retaining bass.  he was exposed BIG TIME in last year's playoffs and i was saying all year long that he stunk on D, was not enough on the boards and had no 4/5 versatility- just a backup 4. 

so there you have it.  add in doc ribbers in his 412th year as coach in boston and you've got a real physical, hustle dirt dog style team, right?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

the lack of physical presence can be traced directly to KG's $11 MILLION dollar contract.  he should have signed for shaq money- 1 to 3 million MAX if he wanted to actually "WIN IT ALL" for "ONE MORE TIME".

looking down the line at pierce at $15 million for $10 million performance, then the self inflicted gunshot wound to the groin of green @ 9 Million- we did not have room for KG @ 11 MILLION and assemble a rest of the roster that was anywhere near complete. 

another POOR decision was made by retaining bass.  he was exposed BIG TIME in last year's playoffs and i was saying all year long that he stunk on D, was not enough on the boards and had no 4/5 versatility- just a backup 4. 

so there you have it.  add in doc ribbers in his 412th year as coach in boston and you've got a real physical, hustle dirt dog style team, right?

I actually agree with what you're saying.

But here's the thing, the Celts opted not to go under the cap. So even if the Celts gave KG 15m, it wouldn't have mattered because the only consequence is the Celts paying more luxury tax.

By signing Green and Bass to those contracts, the Celts will get a player or players in return worth 15m combined. In other words, they will be very tradable if they don't pan out.

If you actually paid attention, last summer, to the numerous threads about the Celtics' free-agency status, you would have understood what was really going on.

I also feel KG should have come back @ a Shaq like discount if he really wanted a ring...Your explanation  about  Green & Bass being very tradable makes sense in theory- but what happens if they continue to underwhelm on the court & nobody wants them?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Our last physical presence is currently  playing in OKC.Must be a low priority for DA.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

THIS IS IT. All along i have been thinking the same thing. Where is/are our enforcer/s??? This team which I believe is better than what we had since championship team, at least on paper, doesnt have a Powe type of player, a posey type of player...this is a more athletic team but who cares if no one is willing to play physical..the defense is just horrendous and lets not even go for our rebounding..but it all makes sense, where is our physical presence?  ....before i post a different thread, i also want to add that after i dont know how many seasons, i think i had enough point guard wannabe of Pierce...if last year we all thought  Ray Allen should have come off the bench, I think Pierce turn has arrived... Poppovich is a great coach, winning games with a bunch of nobodys and sitting tim duncan cuz he knows duncan is washed...rivers should take note!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

THIS IS IT. All along i have been thinking the same thing. Where is/are our enforcer/s??? This team which I believe is better than what we had since championship team, at least on paper, doesnt have a Powe type of player, a posey type of player...this is a more athletic team but who cares if no one is willing to play physical..the defense is just horrendous and lets not even go for our rebounding..but it all makes sense, where is our physical presence?  ....before i post a different thread, i also want to add that after i dont know how many seasons, i think i had enough point guard wannabe of Pierce...if last year we all thought  Ray Allen should have come off the bench, I think Pierce turn has arrived... Poppovich is a great coach, winning games with a bunch of nobodys and sitting tim duncan cuz he knows duncan is washed...rivers should take note!!

Duncan still commands a double team. That's why all the shooters of the Spurs are very effective.

Garnett presents match up problems as well. The Spurs have players who go to the basket. We don't.  This problems could have been addressed since 2008.   We brought in the big three and gave up the whole team almost.  That same year we had Posey and Powe.  Bass is a non- rebounder and alongside Pierce we have two forwards at six seven. Garnett roams outside more than most big men and who do we have to enforce and rebound.  No one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Duncan still commands a double team. That's why all the shooters of the Spurs are very effective.

You heard that from Marshall & Tommy the other night....oh, please....if not copy and paste....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Our last physical presence is currently  playing in OKC.Must be a low priority for DA.

Not low priority, just no one available.

Remember, the Celts are over the cap since KG became a Celtics in 2007.

2008 Celtics had Posey, Powe, Perkins, P.J. Brown, and BBD to offer some beef and presence on a very physical team. Who do we have now?  Consider Garnett and Pierce have no presence around them. This is why we have no chance to make a run at a title.  Ainge needs to know this.  To have gone after Lee and sign Terry as well was just a-- backwards.  Terry was enough and Dooling could have been talked into hanging around until Bradley came back.

Garnett along out there is a great disservice to him.  Sullinger fell to us by luck but those who think he provides to cover for Garnett just don't know what they are talking about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

You heard that from Marshall & Tommy the other night....oh, please....if not copy and paste....

What's wrong with making a point you heard from someone you think is informed? Who cares?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

What's wrong with making a point you heard from someone you think is informed? Who cares?

PLAGIARISM - is a serious stuff, use it & pretend you are the original source is a no no... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomyRules. Show TomyRules's posts

PLAGIARISM - is a serious stuff, use it & pretend you are the original source is a no no... 

Actually, CHE  ... I said that exact same thing a few days ago. I'd appreciate if you would heed your own advice and not plagarize my original ideas. THANK YOU

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Che no offense to you or any other poster, when it comes to sports opinions there is no ownership. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Duncan still commands a double team, and that's why the Spurs shooters are so effective............

anyone want to sue me over that - it is HARDLY original!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[/QUOTE]

I also feel KG should have come back @ a Shaq like discount if he really wanted a ring...Your explanation  about  Green & Bass being very tradable makes sense in theory- but what happens if they continue to underwhelm on the court & nobody wants them?

[/QUOTE]

that's just it.  these guys can't get laid in the proverbial ho-house with a fist full of 50 dollar bills right now in the game of basketball.  they are doing NOTHING that anyone wants to see on their team.  bass most of all. 

green is showing a slight tendency toward trick or treat mixed in with less per minute rebounding than EVER, despite physical gifts that would suggest to you that he should be able to create a mismatch somewhere on the floor.  the investment in green was a very poor decision

you can't obfuscate the failure to assemble a good line up at the right prices by stating that the current over paid / underachieving / undesirable pieces are good trade bait....  when they're not

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[/QUOTE]

2008 Celtics had Posey, Powe, Perkins, P.J. Brown, and BBD to offer some beef and presence on a very physical team. Who do we have now?  Consider Garnett and Pierce have no presence around them. This is why we have no chance to make a run at a title.  Ainge needs to know this.  To have gone after Lee and sign Terry as well was just a-- backwards.  Terry was enough and Dooling could have been talked into hanging around until Bradley came back.

Garnett along out there is a great disservice to him.  Sullinger fell to us by luck but those who think he provides to cover for Garnett just don't know what they are talking about.

[/QUOTE]

agreed- however, with bass out there on the floor, compared to what sullinger brings, KG is not only alone but naked and been dragged through a thicket of thorn bushes.  it's awful to watch.

Sections
Shortcuts